Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unboxing Pictures!

I’m a woman of my word... I said that I wanted one !

Rupes 15 Mark lll , my dream machine !

I’m so excited, and I’m taking a couple days off work
    because I have plans for this baby !!

Thanks Coleroad thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely, done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

So I`ll post pics when I can but got my 400$ mckee`s 37 order in yesterday, and I picked up a toranado and a flex 3401 vrg both used today for 300

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

303 to try. Wish everyone packed like the 303 was. Some deodorizer/smell good as had nothing in that area. Also the speedmaster tire applicator was to put me over the $25 free shipping. IMG_0538.jpgIMG_0539.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Some 2” and 3.5” pads to try with the SK mini. Some iron X to test against Griots fall out remover.
    Tar X.

Bought tuff shine brush cuz I thought it was Bigger than AG’s low profile tire brush. It’s not, I think the are identical and if need one get which ever is cheaper...

Some Gtechnic G1 smart glass.
    G technic fabric (AG has a great price on older version. I think only difference is new ones 99% anti bacterial. Don’t think that’s needed for top so will re apply before next winter.

Some 3D towel Kleen and snappy’s pad cleaner.

Likes SWETM, 340mopars, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not pictured is a 50ml of CSL and some foam tipped detailing sticks

Coated the hat in gyeon fabric coat and rocked it to work today

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a bit impatient waiting for the BigBoi Pro to be back in stock, figrd I`d snatch one of these for all the small vents, creases, nooks and crannies of the new car.

Didn`t plan it being beefy enough to dry a whole car but it ended up doing the whole car quicker than I do with a PFM or similar towel. Surprising power for the price. Granted, car was just coated and spritzed last week so it`s at the height of hydrophobic goodness but still quite a pleasant surprise. Easy to handle small size, no hoses to muck with it twist up...can be very precise and still sweep wide panels of water.

Wanna try it on another car to see if it`s still reasonably useful on a less than perfect and less slick surface. Still, nice when something works better than anticipated...doesn`t always work out that way.
    Likes 340mopars, Coatings=crack, SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Nicely done...now I want one
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Got a bit impatient waiting for the BigBoi Pro to be back in stock, figrd I`d snatch one of these for all the small vents, creases, nooks and crannies of the new car.

Didn`t plan it being beefy enough to dry a whole car but it ended up doing the whole car quicker than I do with a PFM or similar towel. Surprising power for the price. Granted, car was just coated and spritzed last week so it`s at the height of hydrophobic goodness but still quite a pleasant surprise. Easy to handle small size, no hoses to muck with it twist up...can be very precise and still sweep wide panels of water.

Wanna try it on another car to see if it`s still reasonably useful on a less than perfect and less slick surface. Still, nice when something works better than anticipated...doesn`t always work out that way.
    Mine arrives in 2 days, I am so excited!
    Likes BudgetPlan1, SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have you used a side kick. Does it feel as sturdy? Thinking of their mid tier $199. Just want to know if people feel if it’s as good or better.

Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Have you used a side kick. Does it feel as sturdy? Thinking of their mid tier $199. Just want to know if people feel if it’s as good or better.

Although I`ve never used a Metro (Sidekick or otherwise) I have seen and held one of the larger MetroVac`s. The hose alone on the BigBoi would make me choose it. I hate PIA hoses and the BigBoi is much more substantial in that area.

Probably a personal thing cuz I work for a swimming pool company and hoses are a particular thorn in my side...I gave the BigBoi Mini a quick try a while ago and the minute I saw the hose, I was in. Yeah, hoses bug me that much.

In the pool biz, best analogy is Professional Grade vs. Consumer Grade. When I first saw BigBoi hose I immediately thought of the Professional Grade 50ft vac hoses we use at work. To us, they`re known as `double helix` hoses and when not stretched out, have a flatter texture, lesser prominent ridges between the coils. A bit heavier but far, far easier to deal with when coiling, un-coiling.

The consumer grade are thinner walled, stiffer, more prone to tangling and harder to coil and un-coil. Prominent, stiff ridged texture whether stretched out or at rest. They`re a bit lighter but who cares when it`s a kinky, tangled mess?

See, I`m getting all worked up about stupid hoses.

What I thought soon after giving the BigBoi Mini a go last Fall:

Got a chance to play around with the Mini (mid level unit) unit for a bit late last fall, thing is *solid*. All the controls are very well designed, sturdy...just gives one the feeling you definitely won`t be having any issues with build quality. Hose connections between machine and attachments are equally robust.

Those folks Down Under sure know how to design a quality item; certainly not a re-purposed leaf blower motor and housing kludged together with a cheap hose. This is a purposeful item, designed from the ground up to do what it`s supposed to do...and it does it very well, IMO.

Bonus points for the heated air that keeps ya warmed a bit in chillier temps while helping to dry up/evaporate the lighter, misty areas of panels. Sometimes it`s the little things that move an item from `functional` to `enjoyably functional`.

One of the things I was really surprised with was the light weight of the unit; it`s built like a tank but certainly isn`t heavy whatsoever. Even when it was sitting on a table doing nothing, couldn`t help picking it up whenever I walked by because it just looks like it should be heavy but it`s deceptively light.

Not a pro detailer here by any stretch, just having fun, keeping the cars looking as good as I can (as easily as possible) and I see one of these in my future...and, as with most things, will likely go overboard (for my needs) with the dual motor PRO model cuz, well...nothing exceeds like excess. If it helps me, I`m definately all in, especially given my affinity for black cars. I guess I need it the same way my wife needs 37 pairs of shoes for her two feet; whatever makes ya happy (hoping she doesn`t have notifications turned on for this page).

And while I didn`t blow myself or anyone else off of a chair I did let go of the nozzle for a moment when hose was draped around my neck, challenging minute spent corralling that thing (both times I did it). Some of us need to learn to hard way, I guess.

I`ve wanted to move to air drying for a while now; air compressor with rubber tipped chuck can squirt some high pressure streams of air for sure but these dedicated blowers move a larger volume of air as well, clearing wider areas of wet panel far more efficiently in a watercolor brush vs paint roller kinda way. So far, the ones I`ve nearly purchased have all seemed like compromises of some sort, dual purpose vac/blower, leaf blower turned `car blower`...nothing really stood out as a purpose-built machine despite the marketing descriptions declaring them as such.

I`m in on this one, end of the day it seems well built and will make my life easier, especially when washing outside w a tree filled yard close by. Gravity sometimes `happens` when towel drying...not good no matter what kinda of `greatest ever` drying towel is touching the surface.
    I guess in the end, since every blower, well...blows air, it might just boil down to the intangible `feel` of whatever one goes with. It`s kinda like the difference between a $12 Amazon foam gun and a MTM PF22 foam gun. They both shoot foam but the MTM is just far more pleasurable and solid to use.

I`m still likely gonna go all in for the Pro model and hang it on the wall but I`d be lying if I didn`t say that (although based solely on initial use so gonna have to confirm through further trials) I`m wondering if for my needs, the Buddi wouldn`t be easier and quite effective to live with on it`s own. Given I`ll always be drying coated cars and only 3 at that. But the need for `more power` will likely override common sense...as it always seems to do when dealing with this stuff.
    Post Your Unboxing Pictures!-bb.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg BB.jpg (165.2 KB, 100 views)
    Thanks Coatings=crack, Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Over due but got these last week

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Likes rlmccarty2000, SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Although I`ve never used a Metro (Sidekick or otherwise) I have seen and held one of the larger MetroVac`s. The hose alone on the BigBoi would make me choose it. I hate PIA hoses and the BigBoi is much more substantial in that area.

Probably a personal thing cuz I work for a swimming pool company and hoses are a particular thorn in my side...I gave the BigBoi Mini a quick try a while ago and the minute I saw the hose, I was in. Yeah, hoses bug me that much.

In the pool biz, best analogy is Professional Grade vs. Consumer Grade. When I first saw BigBoi hose I immediately thought of the Professional Grade 50ft vac hoses we use at work. To us, they`re known as `double helix` hoses and when not stretched out, have a flatter texture, lesser prominent ridges between the coils. A bit heavier but far, far easier to deal with when coiling, un-coiling.

The consumer grade are thinner walled, stiffer, more prone to tangling and harder to coil and un-coil. Prominent, stiff ridged texture whether stretched out or at rest. They`re a bit lighter but who cares when it`s a kinky, tangled mess?

See, I`m getting all worked up about stupid hoses.

What I thought soon after giving the BigBoi Mini a go last Fall:

I guess in the end, since every blower, well...blows air, it might just boil down to the intangible `feel` of whatever one goes with. It`s kinda like the difference between a $12 Amazon foam gun and a MTM PF22 foam gun. They both shoot foam but the MTM is just far more pleasurable and solid to use.

I`m still likely gonna go all in for the Pro model and hang it on the wall but I`d be lying if I didn`t say that (although based solely on initial use so gonna have to confirm through further trials) I`m wondering if for my needs, the Buddi wouldn`t be easier and quite effective to live with on it`s own. Given I`ll always be drying coated cars and only 3 at that. But the need for `more power` will likely override common sense...as it always seems to do when dealing with this stuff.
    Post Your Unboxing Pictures!-bb.jpg
    I`m so thinking about the mini, it would be such a blast Post Your Unboxing Pictures!

Also looking at this but need more info

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    I`m so thinking about the mini, it would be such a blast Post Your Unboxing Pictures!

Also looking at this but need more info

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
    Interesting...never heard of that one. From what I`ve seen of others though, I`m still in the BigBoi camp...things are just built so nicely but until one actually uses/handles all the options, ya just never really know.

Was down at Esoteric today and was looking at one of the their shop BigBoi Pro units. Way overkil for me but once back in stock, I`ll be grabbing the Pro w the 30ft hose and the wall hanger cuz more is always better, no?

And then I`ll still end up using the Buddi mostly cuz it`s just so impressive, maneuverable and light. Kinda like drying the car by waving your hand over it.

Choices are good!
    Likes fly07sti liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting...never heard of that one. From what I`ve seen of others though, I`m still in the BigBoi camp...things are just built so nicely but until one actually uses/handles all the options, ya just never really know.

Was down at Esoteric today and was looking at one of the their shop BigBoi Pro units. Way overkil for me but once back in stock, I`ll be grabbing the Pro w the 30ft hose and the wall hanger cuz more is always better, no?

And then I`ll still end up using the Buddi mostly cuz it`s just so impressive, maneuverable and light. Kinda like drying the car by waving your hand over it.

Choices are good!

I decided this morning to go with the BigBoi Mini, it just fits in with my gear too perfectly (Ryobi & flexzilla), like it could be a set.

Page 256 of 282 FirstFirst ... 156206242243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267268269270 ... LastLast

Thread Information