Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unboxing Pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on the Kami combo; Miyabi + Zipang or Zipang+Miyabi+Zipang?
    I plan on the sandwich. Zipang+Miyabi+Zipang

I am concerned with both prep and application tho.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Civicclutch View Post
    Good to see you still about

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I have had a bad year so far and not much posting, but have still read a lot of the posts.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient_1 View Post
    I plan on the sandwich. Zipang+Miyabi+Zipang

I am concerned with both prep and application tho.
    As for application, both are very easy; any questions don`t hesitate to call Esoteric...very helpful bunch of guys.

Miyabi very easy, Zipang just remember no crosshatch application...no worries.

As for prep, well...I`ll be redoing personal cars with both like you are, probably take me over a week to prep...don`t move very quickly, easily distracted Post Your Unboxing Pictures!

Post Thanks / Like

As far as prep goes this will be my 4th coating in 3 years on my car. 3 years ago I did WG Uber x2, two years ago I did CSLx2 and EXOv3x2 and last year I did MOHS x3 topped with skin. What I am concerned with is getting to bare paint. I believe that I have done it after each since the syncro is performing as well today as it did after application contrary to what you and Guz have experienced. It is also the 1st coating I have not used any drying aid or topper on it since I was concerned with changing the properties of it.

As far as application goes it is the fact of no cross hatch and the fact you are not supposed to lift the block off the paint except to add more product that has me a little concerned on the application. I have some problems with my hands and on a lot od coating jobs I have done I end up using 10 or more because I keep dropping them.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What I am concerned with is getting to bare paint. I believe that I have done it after each since the syncro is performing as well today as it did after application contrary to what you and Guz have experienced..
    Nice to hear Syncro doing well. Interesting how different things, different places turn out, well...differently for whatever reason.

Always a bit of a leap of faith removing coatings...

Post Thanks / Like

I have had a bad year so far and not much posting, but have still read a lot of the posts.
    Well I hope this year is better. With the zipang being so expensive you should give the Autofiber saver application a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post

Needed a swirl and scratch finding light. 1000 lumens 95 cri 5700k. Was only 60$ works well. Bought car year and a half ago. Paint hasn’t been touched. Correcting and coating in March/April

I had to get one as well !
    Went with the other brand which was cheaper price.
    I love this little swirl finder !!

Puts my new Ryobi light to shame...
    that’s going back to HD in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Likes Loach, SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    I had to get one as well !
    Went with the other brand which was cheaper price.
    I love this little swirl finder !!

Puts my new Ryobi light to shame...
    that’s going back to HD in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Lol.... your lighting collection is getting as impressive as your polisher collection. I went with arclusa vs that one because is it says it’s 95 cri and 4500k low 5500k high which from reading around says better for paint inspection. Couldn’t find stats from toolsand. Before, on arclusa, had a choice from Jeff for paint inspection and standard work light. Now this one seems to be only option. the difference I noticed in pics was what seem to be smaller glass bulb with that rainbow ring around it. Probably same light just I’m a easy upsell. Still looking for high powered shop lights. Any recommendations?

Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    Lol.... your lighting collection is getting as impressive as your polisher collection. I went with arclusa vs that one because is it says it’s 95 cri and 4500k low 5500k high which from reading around says better for paint inspection. Couldn’t find stats from toolsand. Before, on arclusa, had a choice from Jeff for paint inspection and standard work light. Now this one seems to be only option. the difference I noticed in pics was what seem to be smaller glass bulb with that rainbow ring around it. Probably same light just I’m a easy upsell. Still looking for high powered shop lights. Any recommendations?

Give Barrina or Hyperkon a look for shop lights, they can be found on Amazon and are relatively cheap. Winplus also makes a good unit, but the price has steadily been increasing over the past couple years, still inexpensive though.
    Likes Coatings=crack, Mary B liked this post
    Thanks Coatings=crack thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Couple of things to try out

Likes MattPersman, m54daboll, Loach, SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Needed some extra pads and a little bit of spray and gloss

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Brandt K.
    Likes Loach, m54daboll, SWETM, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I am Factory Sponsored by Surf City Garage for 2019. This is the first "Swag Bag" they sent me. I will be using it on my car on Monday and putting some reviews together (I`ve had a ton of unboxings recently and have a ton of reviews to do!) I am excited to try this out. They are an "enthusiast grade" brand but I have heard very good things about their products. I received their new Ceramic Sealant (not yet released), Exterior Detailer (wax infused quick detail spray), tire dressing (water based not silicone!), Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, and Interior Detailer. I also received a T-shirt, two FS decals, a hanging air freshener, a keychain.
    Michael Daboll
    Aspire Premier Auto Detailing

-2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec 6 Speed Manual (Daily Driver Boston)
    -2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 Speed Auto (Daily Driver San Diego)
    -1981 Datsun 280zx 5 Speed Manual (Autocross/ Track/ Project Car)
    -1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)
    Likes SWETM, Mary B, rlmccarty2000, Loach liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m54daboll View Post

I am Factory Sponsored by Surf City Garage for 2019. This is the first "Swag Bag" they sent me. I will be using it on my car on Monday and putting some reviews together (I`ve had a ton of unboxings recently and have a ton of reviews to do!) I am excited to try this out. They are an "enthusiast grade" brand but I have heard very good things about their products. I received their new Ceramic Sealant (not yet released), Exterior Detailer (wax infused quick detail spray), tire dressing (water based not silicone!), Leather Cleaner and Conditioner, and Interior Detailer. I also received a T-shirt, two FS decals, a hanging air freshener, a keychain.
    I’ve used this before from pep boys (used on top of hydrosilex). Broke bottle after second use but seemed to be nice. 3 months claimed durability. Is new spray sealant SORO?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by m54daboll View Post

Think it`s their rinseless wash or waterless wash that has gotten great reviews here in EU. Interesting with other brands that is of high quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Think it`s their rinseless wash or waterless wash that has gotten great reviews here in EU. Interesting with other brands that is of high quality.
    They used to have a professional line that the guy from Adam`s helped develop, but now they just have their enthusiast grade line. Honestly, the products/ company remind me of Adam`s just cheaper
    Michael Daboll
    Aspire Premier Auto Detailing

-2019 Hyundai Veloster Turbo R Spec 6 Speed Manual (Daily Driver Boston)
    -2011 BMW 328i Sedan 6 Speed Auto (Daily Driver San Diego)
    -1981 Datsun 280zx 5 Speed Manual (Autocross/ Track/ Project Car)
    -1991 Cadillac Deville 4 Speed Auto (Ex-Boston Daily Driver turned project due to rust)
    Likes SWETM, Mary B liked this post

Page 253 of 282 FirstFirst ... 153203239240241242243244245246247248249250251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267 ... LastLast

Thread Information