Post Thanks / Like

Re: Post Your Unboxing Pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    The Feynlab was good but the Ceramic alone lacked the self-cleaning abilities (in my case/environment/application) of the Kamikaze stuff.

I think the Feynlab Ceramic needs to be combined with Ceramic Lite or their new Top Coat product to improve the hydrophobic properties.

Mostly, though, I think I just got a point where I`ve determined that the Kamikaze is `my coating`. We`ve had it on one of our daily drivers since 10/2016 and our auto usage habits, local environmental conditions and maintenance routines haven`t fazed it one bit since application. It just always looks great to my eye, holds up, protects and keeps itself clean with minimal effort.

I`ve messed around with a pretty fair amount of consumer level coatings in the past few months and have found nothing that gives me the satisfaction and comfort level of the Kamikaze products.

Does that make it the best consumer level coating in all the land? Really can`t answer that because there are so many individual and somewhat subjective variables involved in a statement such as that...but I can say that for ME, yes, it is the best coating in my world. The stuff just plain works.

Additionally, the U.S. vendor has been an invaluable help to me since I first discovered the Kamikaze line, providing advice, technical information and product support to this somewhat occasionally inept hobbyist. Despite the fact that I`m sure they have far more lucrative interests to pursue than what goes on in my little garage in NE Ohio, they have repeatedly gone above and beyond to insure my success with their products. That too, for me, is of great importance.

Another intangible aspect to Kamikaze is that I had the opportunity to meet the inventor of the product line at an event a few months ago and spoke with him for a bit; the enthusiasm and genuine interest he showed in my happiness and success with his creations was infectious and was indicative of being a true enthusiast. While that`s not gonna help protect my paintwork from road salt this coming winter, it just adds a little something to the overall `experience`. Like I mentioned, a lot of what goes into `my` best is subjective...but important.

Put it all together and this is what works best for me so I`m just gonna get all our cars wrapped up with it and then just sit back and enjoy its benefits for what I expect to be a pretty long time. Post Your Unboxing Pictures!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Well said and Thank you from this
    Enthusiasts

Thanks BudgetPlan1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes Ronkh, Mary B, HCF, nickclark08 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Different kinda unboxing post:

Anyone wanna unbox a package with 75% full, 32oz bottles of Menzerna FG400, SF3500 & SF3800? I`m outta my Menzerna phase so they may as well go to someone who will use them. I`ll even pay shipping to lower 48 states. Freebies!!

PM me your address if you want em and I`ll ship out Monday.

Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Anyone wanna unbox a package with 75% full, 32oz bottles of Menzerna FG400, SF3500 & SF3800? I`m outta my Menzerna phase so they may as well go to someone who will use them. I`ll even pay shipping to lower 48 states. Freebies!!

That was quick...they`re heading to CA!

Likes Mary B, trashmanssd, GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CerceS550 View Post

Post Thanks / Like

Cerce

You will be blown away what an angel can do...nicely done
    http://Www.gonzodetailing.com

Anything in life worth doing is worth over doing, moderation is for cowards
    Likes CerceS550, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What are you using instead of Menz? I don`t know what I would do without it.

Post Thanks / Like

Budget

A very kind gesture on your part and to this community, nicely done

Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    What are you using instead of Menz? I don`t know what I would do without it.
    Jescar Compound and Mirco Polish and am keeping the Menz 2400 cuz it`s just so useful. Also been using Sonax Perfect Finish a lot since last winter. And always have the Rupes lineup in there as well. Megs 101 and 205 too. Also having an odd fascination for HD Polish+ lately, dunno why. Not that `powerful` but really enjoyable to use.

Just don`t have the patience to work Menz all the way thru sometimes if I can get there quicker another way

Thanks rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by atgonzales View Post
    Budget

A very kind gesture on your part and to this community, nicely done
    Eh, least I can do considering all the good advice folks here have given me over the last year or so...some really incredible (and talented) folks here.

I bought so much stuff trying to find my `niche in this hobby over the past year. Very nearly all good stuff, just ultimately not fitting with what ended up being my groove.

As a hobbyist (with plenty of folks wanting their cars worked) I have the luxury of picking and choosing what I`m willing to do.

Want swirls removed from your paint so you can enjoy the benefits of a coating? Well, we can certainly deal with that if you`re willing to pony up for materials (after seeing a Visa statement in the midst of my coating festival last winter, wife suggested having folks dole out the cost of materials unless it was s project I was doing for my own curiosity) .

Want swirls removed and car waxed/sealed because you don`t wanna pay for materials (coating)? Eh, not worth my time...so I don`t need waxes and sealants on my shelf. Or AIO`s which I have a few of too.

Don`t need spray waxes or QD`s either since I`m a coating guy so I`ll likely be shipping out some of those on my shelf too.

Although not wealthy by any means (2 Honda`s and a 12 year old Corvette in garage) I am fortunate enough to be able to really not miss $75 worth of product I`ll never use...and paid for last year so money under the bridge anyway.

Shipping is very easy for me at work and trying to arrange reimbursement for shipping is more trouble than the $10 It usually costs so may as well make it easy for everyone; gimme your address and I`ll get your box to your door, just easier that way.

Hopefully it`s a nice way for some folks to try some stuff without worrying if they`ll like it or find value with it.

Who knows...maybe just looking for some good karma points; I can be somewhat of an incredible idiot at times so every point in the `good guy` column can only help!

Still have to go thru the wax section of the cabinet...and the sealants...and the QD`s...and a bunch of misc stuff that I actually have no idea why/how it`s in there. That last one should be an interesting box.

Post Thanks / Like

Budget

Again, nicely done...

Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Budget. Thanks for the input. Nice of you to gift some items to someone. Post Your Unboxing Pictures!

You were going through a never ending product trial and error looking for what they all promise

Likes Mary B, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

didn`t come in a box but I got a good deal and I like the uniqueness of it. Dual purpose show/advertisement hood prop.

Debating whether to hydrodip it or powder coat it or leave it as is.

pardon the slightly dirty engine bay

Brandt K.

Post Thanks / Like

Brandt, I like the brushed finish - my vote to leave as-is.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nickclark08 View Post
    Brandt, I like the brushed finish - my vote to leave as-is.
    what about protecting it? I realize its metal but you know how WE get, haha

exov2? c2v3 or maybe it needs some rapid waxx, haha

edit- my friend mentioned maybe putting an acrylic back to it, in a color of my choice (and I thought maybe an acrylic back that has water bead effect to show through the holes?

Brandt K.
    Likes ViperGuy21, nickclark08 liked this post

Page 211 of 282 FirstFirst ... 111161197198199200201202203204205206207208209210211212213214215216217218219220221222223224225261 ... LastLast

Thread Information