Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show Off Your Wax Collection

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I collect sealants... unfortunately I’m sure some (or a lot) of them will spoil before I finish them. Paste Waxes tend to last forever.
    Ah, interesting! My v1.0 BFAFPP and UPP are still OK after however long it`s been since those first came out. My KSG is over 20 years old as I was using it long before moving here in `00.

Agree on the paste wax, my `85 vintage jar of Zymol Detail (relabeled as "BHMA Wood Wax") is still fine even though *its cap cracked thirty years ago*.

My "oh, it`s all dried out!" M16/476S are kinda granular, but still work fine. Not that I`ll ever use `em again...

Post Thanks / Like

SWETM- The Auto Balm always intrigued me, wonder how it`d do topped with FK1000P...
    Likes SWETM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Ah, interesting! My v1.0 BFAFPP and UPP are still OK after however long it`s been since those first came out. My KSG is over 20 years old as I was using it long before moving here in `00.

Agree on the paste wax, my `85 vintage jar of Zymol Detail (relabeled as "BHMA Wood Wax") is still fine even though *its cap cracked thirty years ago*.

My "oh, it`s all dried out!" M16/476S are kinda granular, but still work fine. Not that I`ll ever use `em again...
    Thsts actually refreshing to hear. I don’t know for sure that liquid sealants will go bad, it’s just a fear of mine. I hope all of mine can last many years (they sit indoors in my dry, finished basement).

Post Thanks / Like

acuRAS82- I`ll be interested to hear whether yours are still OK if you ever try them. I`ve heard about separation/etc. killing them, but that just hasn`t been my experience. But, heh heh, I no sooner post that than !YMMV! comes to mind so I hope I didn`t jinx your stuff!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yamabob View Post
    Over the last year I`ve given away a good 15-20. Just don`t use them much at all anymore. I am curious on topping a Mohs car with the Concorso though to see what that does

Show Off Your Wax Collection-20180923_160812.jpg

Ive topped MOHS with Endurance. I know it’s a completely different SV wax. With a completely different application process. But it’s held up pretty well so far. I’ve had it on a test vehicle for 2 years now and it’s still going pretty strong. The MOHS that is.

Post Thanks / Like

SWETM- The Auto Balm always intrigued me, wonder how it`d do topped with FK1000P...
    It could work I think. The Auto-Balm has a little darkening effect. But makes the metallic flakes pops great. If you have a car that has some swirls and you don`t want to polishing. The filling ability is awesome from it. So if the looks is a good combo with AB and topped with the fk1000p. I think it would work great
    Got it most for defects that is down to the metall on the car. Edges around the fenders and in to the wheel wells it`s a great choice to have with the corrosion protection from it. On show cars that maybe don`t have perfect undercarige you can also use this on. If you have a hood or and a roof where you have rock chips you don`t want to see the rust building. This is a great wax to protect those parts.

Go in on Bilt Hamber dot com accumulator and read about the different products they have. They have a lot of kind of unique products to seal and protect the undercarige of vehicals. It`s just not sealants but longlasting protection and to get the parts cleaned from oxidized iron parts. And the quality of the products is what stands out. Then no flashing bottles or tins just the products inside them that delivers. Have their Surfex HD APC/degreaser and the Autofoam snowfoam that is the best I have used so far. Surfex HD is a very versitale product that you can use undiluted to 1:199 for different tasks. For an example I use it when I have some baked on bugs. 1:20 and spray it on and let it dwell for 3-5 minutes before the foamcannon on the Autofoam over it. Let that dwell as long as possible before it dries. And when you rinse it with the PW all of the bug squash is gone. I never need to aggitate bug squash from vehicals. Just the water pressure from the PW to clean it of after the right pretreatment chemicals. And it`s still LSP safe with 1:20 strength.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    I collect sealants... unfortunately I’m sure some (or a lot) of them will spoil before I finish them. Paste Waxes tend to last forever.
    My Blackfire AFPP is about 3 years old (haven`t been able to confirm the purchase date). When I brought it out earlier this year, I was worried it had gone bad as it seemed way too thin. Thinner than I remember. Consistency was that of Vitamin D milk. I shook it often, and regularly, prior to using it days later. It got just a *tad* thicker after all that shaking, but it seems to be working just fine.

Another sealant I bought about 4 years ago, I used it for the first time about 5 months ago. Didn`t seem to have any issue.
    Likes rlmccarty2000, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

SWETM- Thanks for the heads-up about the BHAB doing the "darkening" thing! That`s why I stripped the BFAFPP off and I would`ve been mortified had I bought something else that does that. It would be nice to do a bit more filling on the `93 Audi, but I do have a lifetime`s supply of 1ZWPS for it (which works fine under the FK).

Fortunately I don`t need their other offerings (I`ve checked out their stuff before), but I do absolutely agree that they`re an underappreciated line of products that more should be familiar with. Sorta like Wurth IMO (my usual choice for such stuff).

Post Thanks / Like

The Pastes

The Liquids

The Sprays

The Dodos

Sold off: CG Buttery Wet Wax, CG V07
    With friend: Malco Cherry Flash Liquid
    Not shown: Gyeon Wet Coat, BFAFPP, Ultima Paint Sealant
    Others: Various AIOs
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    The Pastes

The Liquids

The Sprays

The Dodos

Sold off: CG Buttery Wet Wax, CG V07
    With friend: Malco Cherry Flash Liquid
    Not shown: Gyeon Wet Coat, BFAFPP, Ultima Paint Sealant
    Others: Various AIOs

Wow ! The Son1c looks interesting, have not tried his yet.
    Now the Dodo Orange Crush, I have a sample and was thinking with the citric makeup it might be usable as a cleaner wax ? Would you agree ??
    The same with the Rainforest, but because of It`s gritty feeling, might be a great cleaner wax as well ??

I have a gallon of the Pinnacle spray wax. Absolute favorite spray topper !!

Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

SWETM- Thanks for the heads-up about the BHAB doing the "darkening" thing! That`s why I stripped the BFAFPP off and I would`ve been mortified had I bought something else that does that. It would be nice to do a bit more filling on the `93 Audi, but I do have a lifetime`s supply of 1ZWPS for it (which works fine under the FK).

Fortunately I don`t need their other offerings (I`ve checked out their stuff before), but I do absolutely agree that they`re an underappreciated line of products that more should be familiar with. Sorta like Wurth IMO (my usual choice for such stuff).
    What color do your Audi has?

Yeah on some paints the darkening effect is not so nice. This where on a metallic blue VW paint I tested it on. It was not much of it. But a test spot showed it when looking closely.

I would test Angelwax AG wax which is made for silver metallic car. That has some crazy filling ability from it. Then you need to have a silver metallic paint LOL.

Yeah Würth has a range of different high quality products to the care of the undercarige of vehicals.

Post Thanks / Like

Along time ago i traded somebody from here for a tub of the bilt hamber auto balm (he was an s2000 guy) and raved about how it changed the appearance of his silverstone mettilica car.... I digress I found the wax super super hard to work with. There is definitely a technique to it, which I never mastered. Its very cool stuff smells, like gasoline and is extremely durable.. up there to me with my duragloss stuff. I also wears me out applying and then i go back to something else (still haven`t
    finished a whole car in it yet).

really want to try the Prima Banna Gloss, that same s2000`s clear is getting to the point i dont want to correct again and would like to see how its filling ability treats the car and its much easier to apply (from what i have read) than the BHAG.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mary B View Post
    Wow ! The Son1c looks interesting, have not tried his yet.
    Now the Dodo Orange Crush, I have a sample and was thinking with the citric makeup it might be usable as a cleaner wax ? Would you agree ??
    The same with the Rainforest, but because of It`s gritty feeling, might be a great cleaner wax as well ??

I have a gallon of the Pinnacle spray wax. Absolute favorite spray topper !!

I haven`t tried Canaubavore, but have tried Cloud 9. Canaubavore smells delicious, fruit punch I think. Cloud 9 is creamsicle scent. Yum!

I have yet to try any of the Dodos cuz they`re so neat with their colors and packaging. haha. yeah, I`m weird about those. BUT, I can try those two out as cleaners on the Jeep. I`ll try and get it done this weekend and report back. I see what you`re saying about the citric part of it. If it does have citric oils in it, yeah, that would make sense. Huh...interesting, Mary.

haha..You know you really like something when you get a gallon of it!! I`ll have to try it out some day.

Post Thanks / Like

Don’t mistake the gritty texture in the Dodo waxes as cleaners. It’s just part of the process of pouring the wax. They have no cleaners In Them. As you spread the wax on paintwork it will smooth out like butter.
    Likes JustJesus, RaydiantDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    What color do your Audi has?
    The `93 with the trashed paint is Opal Mica, sorta an early version of the Ming Blue pearl. I might not mind the darkening on that one, but I do want to use up that 1ZWPS and I can`t imagine using even one tin of it.

The others are variations on silver, but they`re not marred up and what I`m using now is *perfect* for me.

Quote Originally Posted by estcstm3
    Along time ago i traded somebody from here for a tub of the bilt hamber auto balm (he was an s2000 guy) and raved about how it changed the appearance of his silverstone mettilica car.... I digress I found the wax super super hard to work with...
    My SmokeStone Crown Vic is one of those colors that can look *dramatically* different depending on the LSP/lighting. I`d just hate it end up looking darker!

But as soon as I read about that learning curve...NO WAY! The stuff I`m using now is so dead-simple that I`ll never again "struggle to master" any detailing product. For that matter, I`ve felt that way for ages; IMO there`s no need to use anything that isn`t user-friendly as there are plenty of good products that are.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information