Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Show Off Your Wax Collection

Please pardon my ignorance, but do the waxes have specific purposes like specific colors or paint or, or different types of paint or do guys just buy one then find something else that may be better and just keeping going. I have only used 1 wax ever because it`s what I got in my car wash gift basket and I only really planned on buying 1 maybe 2 different waxes / sealants and just keep using that.
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

LGHT- To paraphrase what the PPG guy told Mike into something I can actually agree with: "find what you like (for whatever *your* reasons are) and use it as often as you oughta."

Some people are into waxes the way some people are into [whatever they are into].

No, not being critical at all...there`s a reason why I go by "Accumulator"
    Likes LGHT, minerigger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    Please pardon my ignorance, but do the waxes have specific purposes like specific colors or paint or, or different types of paint or do guys just buy one then find something else that may be better and just keeping going. I have only used 1 wax ever because it`s what I got in my car wash gift basket and I only really planned on buying 1 maybe 2 different waxes / sealants and just keep using that.
    its curiosity, a hobby collecting, fun and an addictive DISEASE !
    Likes Mary B, minerigger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Oldz View Post
    its curiosity, a hobby collecting, fun and an addictive DISEASE !
    Yep...
    Don`t even get me started on towels or polishers.
    It`s been a blast ! Though.

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk
    Likes JustJesus, minerigger liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    LGHT- To paraphrase what the PPG guy told Mike into something I can actually agree with: "find what you like (for whatever *your* reasons are) and use it as often as you oughta."
    Someone else remembers that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Someone else remembers that!
    But I suspect most here are OK with the original version and its "...and use it often"
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Ok thanks I wasn`t sure if I had to buy several various waxes for specific applications. I`m sure over the years I`ll have a good "collection", but for now I`ll just keep the list short.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    Ok thanks I wasn`t sure if I had to buy several various waxes for specific applications. I`m sure over the years I`ll have a good "collection", but for now I`ll just keep the list short.
    IMO vendors would like people do believe that it takes a lot of different waxes as they can capitalize on that (and the likelihood of people then seeing/believing what they want to, and buying more).

Having a bit of an... accumulation...on my shelves, I actually *use* maybe three on a regular basis. OTOH, there are people here who can tell ya *exactly* why they need all those different LSPs and I won`t cast stones.

Post Thanks / Like

Wax collecting is kind of a “Holy Grail” search for most. Always looking for the “best” wax. Starting to see the trend now with coatings, but coatings are no where near as fun. Kind of like sealants, no one collects sealants. But waxes have scents, different oils, and waxes that make each one an adventure. It’s one of the reasons I like to read the Detailing World forum, they still love waxes and seem to have a new one every week. Waxes in the US seem to be forgotten or a afterthought. I did notice that IGL has a wax, but I have been less than impressed by the Nano infused waxes.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Wax collecting is kind of a “Holy Grail” search for most. Always looking for the “best” wax...
    And then trying to unload all the M16 and 476S after finding that grail

.. no one collects sealants....
    Well, I might have four or six...took me a while to wise up :0 But then I "accumulate" such stuff rather than really (i.e., actively/thoughtfully/purposefully) "collecting" it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Kind of like sealants, no one collects sealants.
    I collect sealants... unfortunately I’m sure some (or a lot) of them will spoil before I finish them. Paste Waxes tend to last forever.
    Likes Mary B, simracer liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i `ll throw in just one of my waxes. a 2-3lb Christmas cookie tin of PB Nattys white from Ronkh. guess this was the rv size. thanks ron
    Likes JustJesus, SWETM, Loach, Coleroad liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fly07sti View Post
    @ Mary B - What are your thoughts, likes/dislikes with the Waxaddict line? I’ve always wanted to give em a whirl but never pulled the trigger.

Hi Don

Here are the 3 I have so far

Candy Gloss is easy to over apply, it’s soo soft.
    Just a pleasure to use, a concourse wax.

Vitreo is my work horse wax, for the hood,roof areas.
    I trust the durability, shine and slickness.
    It says to let it sit, DON`T.
    I found that if I wipe it off before it hazes, it`s much easier to work with.
    During removal. It will suck the long fibers off a buffing towel too. So use something short, with substantial character.

You can tell I used the 18 only once..
    it’s a very good synthetic wax just the perfume scent .

Show Off Your Wax Collection
    Likes Coleroad, SWETM, JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks fly07sti thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t have so much waxes but 2 not so common in the US that could be fun to share with you.

The Krystal Kleen Detail Seduction wax. I copy the description from it:
    Seduction is a mix of the highest quality Carnauba Wax and finest blending oils available to ensure the deepest gloss and excellent durability.

The rich deep gloss levels that are imparted onto the paintwork are nothing short of stunning whether it is a deep reflective gloss on a black car to a highly reflective finish that accentuates metalflake on silvers and whites. Whatever your vehicles colour Seduction is the perfect partner that really does have to be seen to be believed

The Angelwax Desirable wax:
    DESIRABLE from Angelwax, was born in our laboratory and started life as a very small 20 pot production run. This beautifully crafted detailing wax was designed to be a limited edition run which sadly, never materialised.

At Angelwax, we aren`t the types to keep brilliant formulations to ourselves, and, as expected, Angelwax DESIRABLE is no exception.

With durability exceeding 5 months, this formula boasts an amazing gloss with beading and sheeting qualities rarely found in a wax priced as modestly as ours.

The Bilt Hamber Auto-Balm is not a wax but rather a sealant. And the biggest ability from it is it`s filling ability and the anti corrosion protection. Then with a long longevity is a plus too. Bilt Hamber does some nuba waxes that often is placed high up on testing in the UK. It`s their Finis Wax and Double Speed Wax with T1 grade carnuaba in them. And they have a longer longevity than most nuba waxes. Just waiting to see when a distributer in the US pick up this brand. They have a small line of products. But every product that goes into reviews with alot of other brands. Gets placed in the top spots of them.
    Bilt Hamber Auto-Balm:
    auto-balm is a unique product providing protection and gloss to automotive paintwork, car bodywork, chrome and metal surfaces.

It`s the result of thousands of hours of development and testing - a blend of synthesised complex corrosion inhibiting molecules that lock together tightly enabling them to remain functional in ultra-thin, high-gloss films. auto-balm will seal capillary pores in paintwork and provide an anti corrosion barrier to stone-chips and other damaged sites on vehicle paintwork.

Then I got some CG Butter Wet Wax in haul where I was more interested in other products in it.

/Tony

Skickat från min SM-T585 via Tapatalk
    Likes Mary B, rlmccarty2000, JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Over the last year I`ve given away a good 15-20. Just don`t use them much at all anymore. I am curious on topping a Mohs car with the Concorso though to see what that does

Show Off Your Wax Collection-20180923_160812.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Mary B, rlmccarty2000, SWETM, JustJesus liked this post

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information