Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any big Adams followers out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Thanks for the reviews!

Do you think that the adam`s detail spray is the exact same as Last Touch? Color is similar.
    So is 3D`s. Even the name is similar - Final Touch lol

GTA-ish (North of Toronto but close enough to see the smog)
    Post Thanks / Like

I`ve used pretty much every product they carry on and off for a few years now with no issues (other than the price as stated), I use other manufactures stuff as well (Optimum, megs, mothers, CG, GG, PB, 303, etc) depending on what I`m doing and if it`s for me or a paid car. I haven`t found anything that didn`t work well (OK, I`m not a fan of the clay), only some stuff that wasn`t maybe as impressive as the cost might warrant.

Detail spray - really like when I`ve compared to megs, lucas, mothers and a few others. I can recommend without issue
    Glass cleaner - I also use stoners non-aerosol, (and windex, megs and CG) and the Adams I`d say is maybe slightly easier to use (less wiping). I use the Adams on my own cars (and house) and stoners most everywhere else. Need good rags though
    Total Interior detailer - I really like, I also use CG which performs just as well but can streak on smooth surfaces easier and doesn`t seem to repel dust (anti-static?) as well/long as the Adams
    H2O G&G is great stuff, I use about every 3-4 week on the DDs and it`s noticeable how well it boosts the beading alone. I haven`t used any comparable product.
    Rinseless wash - excellent, I have several bottles at various dilutions for clay lube, bug removal, waterless and rinseless washing (and door jambs) etc. comparable with ONR and Megs, maybe slightly more slick
    Brilliant glaze - works great as a quick filler if you don`t want to do a full correction right away
    APC - stuff works great and not too pricey. I do use simple green for probably 70% of the time, megs degreaser (4:1) for heavier work and the APC for really stubborn stuff. I`d use something else if it was as effective and cheaper, just haven`t found anything yet.
    Americana wax - like most other higher quality wax, does go on and buff out very nicely. Seems more temp/humidity sensitive than some others I`ve used

Soap (blue or red) - I like better than megs but it`s not groud breakingly different than any other quality stuff. Definitly slick though
    VRT - I really like for tire dressing and on the textured plastic (bumper, mirror, etc) but I`ve also compared it to Optimum Tire Gel (junkman put me onto that stuff) and I`d say it`s pretty much exactly the same performance/looks
    Carpet / upholstery cleaner - works very well, so does folex at about 1/2 the price
    Compounds and polishes, pretty user friendly. I still use but tend to use megs (m105, m101 and m205) more often as it seems to get there faster
    Leather cleaner - like any others I`ve used
    Leather conditioner - like any others, maybe not as greasy as megs
    Pads, and MF, good quality stuff but pricey. Currently get all my MF from TRC and pads from whoever has quality stuff on sale

HIH
    M
    Thanks 4u2nvinmtl thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TroyScherer View Post
    IMO Adams has good stuff and a lot of newbie car guys love their stuff. The issue for me is there are so many other options out there that are similar or even better at a better price point.
    Yeah This ^^^. Also, Adams isn`t on PBMG sites I don`t think, or on DI. I like that the packaging is low-hype. Anyone used Revive polish? It`s stated for use by hand. There should be more polishes that are designed for use by hand.

Post Thanks / Like

Their stuff looks interesting. I see too many of their Ads on Facebook and ironically all it doesn`t is annoy me and make me not want to buy anything from them.

Post Thanks / Like

Almost every freshly detailed Mopar/SRT I`ve seen on Facebook Mopar car groups and SRT forums have a row of Adam`s products in front of it and looks great. The owners swear by Adams (kind of reminds me of how CG was so available to me so that`s what I started off using).

Next, on my list is Poorboys and Polish Angel products.

Post Thanks / Like

I have used Adams a lot the past few months, I do have a partial sponsorship through them so some of the prices are not a issue for me. The thing about it now is even if I did not have a sponsorship through them I would still purchase there products because I have seen the great things it does, the detail spray is absolutely amazing, the waterless wash is slick and leaves a great shine without scratching, the wheel cleaner disintegrates dirt, and the soap suds like crazy. I love the spray bottles that they sell and all the other things.

I do use CG quite often and love their products to the detail spray they sell is amazing as well. I have some poorboys, wolfgang, meguiars, and optimum products.

Post Thanks / Like

H2O Guard & Gloss and Americana paste wax are some of the best products I`ve used. H2O GG is not a fool proof product and I enjoy it more because of it. It`s very easy to master once you learn how much of it your paint can actually `drink up`. I`ve found coatings really love it too. It`s also the thickest spray sealant I`ve ever used and is the only one I`ve personally seen with resin in it (let it sit for a week and you can see the stuff start to separate).
    Americana is by far the most relaxing product I`ve used. I`m not sure about durability but the applicator that comes with it and how easily the wax spreads reminds me how therapeutic detailing can be. One thing that can be improved are their spray nozzles in my opinion. But that`s being a little nit picky.

Post Thanks / Like

Leather conditioner was one of the only items that I didn`t like. It lost in my personal comparison between AmmoNYC and Griot`s Garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Marc08EX View Post
    Thanks for the reviews!

Do you think that the adam`s detail spray is the exact same as Last Touch? Color is similar.
    I have compared Adams Detail Spray to CG Speed Wipe and I swear they are the same product.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

good to see you finally on some forums!! We follow each other on instagram @stephenmattiola

Post Thanks / Like

Adams is really a boutique nich I have used his stuff I really loved the detail spray but compared to using onr it like many of Adams products are pricy. The one product I do use is the undercarriage spray.

Post Thanks / Like

Adams reminds me of Shine Supply.
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Baldone View Post
    Adams reminds me of Shine Supply.
    dunno bout that. shine supply is geared towards detailer pros. adams is more enthusiast.

i hear great things about compound/polishe from shine supply.

i hear great things about soap/QD from adams.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Yeah This ^^^. Also, Adams isn`t on PBMG sites I don`t think, or on DI. I like that the packaging is low-hype. Anyone used Revive polish? It`s stated for use by hand. There should be more polishes that are designed for use by hand.
    It`s my "go to" for cleaning up vinyl and I use it by machine.

I`ve used and do use pretty much everything they sell. I also use a metric ton of other brands. Price doesn`t necessarily bother me as I`ve found in life quality tends to be expensive. Carpro stuff is "expensive", but I use it cause it`s awesome. Fortunately I make my clients pay for my addiction so I guess I`m not as concerned about the price point everyone talks about.

GTA-ish (North of Toronto but close enough to see the smog)
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    ... Anyone used Revive polish? It`s stated for use by hand. There should be more polishes that are designed for use by hand.
    It`s great for more of a cleaning but I wouldn`t try any actual correction with it. It does work good for chrome running/bush-bars, under door handles and I`ve taken stubborn water marks off with in and some marks left from tape lines etc. but then again I`ve got a lot of proper DA compounds that I`ll use before trying any real correction by hand.
    I guess if I had to compare it to something it`s similar to 3M hand glaze, maybe not quite as aggressive (maybe) but that might depend on the pad you`re using.
    M

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information