Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any big Chemical Guys followers out there

I can`t think of a product from CG that I don`t like. Guess my standards are different than others. When I call, I have gotten straight answers. Their marketing is a bit over the top and if you don`t like the volume of products they offer, just buy the ones you want.
    Likes RI_FF/Medic liked this post

GTA-ish (North of Toronto but close enough to see the smog)
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m not brand loyal, like trying different stuff and use what I find I like.
    Went and looked at my shelf and thought of what I`ve re-ordered, for CG it looks like this

Inner Clean - My second favorite interior quick detailer (after Adams TID), doesn`t add any real shine or anything, cleans minor stuff well, and the smell fades quickly (or I couldn`t use it, sickly sweet smell but gone by the time you`re done.)

V07 hybrid - Door/trunk/hood jambs and on the inside of billet and chrome rims that don`t get "wheel cleaner" used on them (like my buddy`s Z06 with the carbon brakes) Probably my favorite quick-sealant/detail spray for touch-up/small areas
    Speed Wipe - Goes on clean, lifts dust and buffs streak free, doesn`t seem to affect wax, smudge chrome or glass or leave anything on black trim, I don`t think it contains any protective qualities other than maybe some anti-static. Although I don`t use it on my own stuff I do use it elsewhere and would recommend it without hesitation

Nonsense - I was using as an initial cleaning agent for interiors to start from scratch but lately I`ve been using Megs APC instead and it although scented it works better and is way cheaper. I do have a couple of "customers" who are totally scent-free and that`s still where I use Nonsense.
    VRP - works fine, looks good, lasts OK but Optimum Tire Gel (Adams svrt) outperforms it IMHO

Can`t watch the video`s
    M

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WaxAddict View Post
    Funny that this thread attracted a few new users, which isn`t a bad thing.
    This thread and the Adam`s thread did as well. A little strange....
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XxBoostinxX View Post
    This thread and the Adam`s thread did as well. A little strange....
    Maybe it`s the one guy who makes both companies products making several accounts to post under. Lol!!! I kid.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

`Nother strange thing.. I like the Vids..Helped me get started and when I wanted to
    polish my windshield CG `s vid was there.

Post Thanks / Like

CG is a great beginners product line. Polishes have little to no cut
    Rupes 21 MK II, Rupes 15 MK II, Rupes 21, Rupes LHR75e, Rupes Duetto, Rupes Ibrid-L, Rupes LH18ENS, Flex PE-14-2, Dodo Juice V1

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    At $21.99 it will remain a secret to me.

Post Thanks / Like

CG was the very first product I ever bought in bulk (gallon size). Funny thing is I still have all 6 gallons sitting on my shelf never being used. There are just far better products offered by other companies.

Something else that rubbed me wrong was when I tried to buy Citrus Wash and Clear. They ended up sending me Matte Wash instead. I kindly called and said my order was wrong and they preceded to tell me, "well, it`s pretty much the same thing". In other words... it is the same thing. What I should of asked is, "What else is the same as the other products you have?"
    I`d fire the guy for ever saying that. Seriously, they sent you the wrong product and try to justify themselves for the mistake that they did?!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rookiez View Post
    I`d fire the guy for ever saying that. Seriously, they sent you the wrong product and try to justify themselves for the mistake that they did?!
    They sure did. I was in shock when it happened. Still hard to believe!
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Mebbe he was being truthful ??
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

They sure did. I was in shock when it happened. Still hard to believe!
    If that was Autopia, I bet that they`ll let you keep the gallon soap product and send the one that you`ve ordered instead. That`s the different in customer service`s quality! There was one time that UPS messed up my shipping. Something like this,

They ended up shipping me a FULL ORDER replacement and I get to keep the products that are still there and good to be used. It was a huge order as well.
    Likes Ronkh, XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

They could have just sent him the color dye and scent to match his order and told him to pour it in and shake.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes rookiez, XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    They could have just sent him the color dye and scent to match his order and told him to pour it in and shake.
    Lol, thanks for posting this!! That`s how I feel with most of their products honestly.

Post Thanks / Like

Cg has good marketing and videos are a plus when I`m looking into new products to use

Im 50/50 with some products.... I like to the price you can get some gallons of stuff but there is some stuff that is pretty much the same just diffrent lables

I`m a fan of barebones , new car shine, stripper scent and the torqx

I wasn`t impressed with silk shine and mr pink

Post Thanks / Like

I use Stripper scent fairly often. I`ve tried a fair number of their products and have a few these products SITTING on my shelves. I`ve never had a problem with their customer service and can`t bad mouth them. That said, I haven`t found any one of their products beyond the fragrance that I haven`t found something in another brand that I didn`t like better than the equivelant CG offering but that is to say I haven`t tried their entire line.

I will say that I find most of their videos geared towards a different market than the connoisseur detailers I`ve come to respect. Perhaps even a little condescending to an informed consumer (maybe I`m just a snob). These videos could be working for them, I don`t get to see their marketing data.

I have read some of their exchanges on various forums that seem like customer appreciation wasn`t a high priority. Everyone knows that retail is a dirty business, let`s face it, it`s hard work. When it comes to serving/retaining customers, the successful customer rep knows that attitudes need to be checked at the door or at least until the clock is punched at the end of the day. Reading threads like this make me appreciate ACC all the more.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes tenblade2001, rookiez, Ronkh, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I use Stripper scent fairly often. I`ve tried a fair number of their products and have a few these products SITTING on my shelves. I`ve never had a problem with their customer service and can`t bad mouth them. That said, I haven`t found any one of their products beyond the fragrance that I haven`t found something in another brand that I didn`t like better than the equivelant CG offering but that is to say I haven`t tried their entire line.

I will say that I find most of their videos geared towards a different market than the connoisseur detailers I`ve come to respect. Perhaps even a little condescending to an informed consumer (maybe I`m just a snob). These videos could be working for them, I don`t get to see their marketing data.

I have read some of their exchanges on various forums that seem like customer appreciation wasn`t a high priority. Everyone knows that retail is a dirty business, let`s face it, it`s hard work. When it comes to serving/retaining customers, the successful customer rep knows that attitudes need to be checked at the door or at least until the clock is punched at the end of the day. Reading threads like this make me appreciate ACC all the more.
    Do you mind to describe what does it smell like? Does it actually have any relation to its name? I like Duo Air Fresh Berry, Spring, and New Car better than any other air fresheners offered in the market right now. Second option would be air fresheners from Bath & Body Works Rain Forrest, Sweet Pea and Mahogany.

I`m thankful for ACC`s existence for small part-time detailers like me, especially CONNECT
    Especially those staffs behind screens like Paul who has to do extra work when there`s sales event that we all need and enjoy!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information