Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any big Chemical Guys followers out there

Funny that this thread attracted a few new users, which isn`t a bad thing.

CG, hmmm. V7, Blacklight. That`s about it. I like to cherry pick from all the brands available to us. I agree with whomever said that CG attracts a younger crowd. I see Hondas with lots of camber and stretched tires when I think CG.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Swanicyouth View Post
    Some of their products are good, are lot of their products are not. That`s the problem, even a broken clock will tell the right time twice a day. Maybe sometimes they put out some good stuff despite themselves.

Now, I think the guy that made / makes their videos has his own product company called "Mastersons"... I was looking at the label and it says something like - "Since 1947"...

Dunno how this company has been making detailing stuff since 1947...Has anyone heard of them prior to 2016???

Hm...

https://trademarks.justia.com/868/00...-86800243.html

With the joke and the late 2015 trademark of a company that`s been around "Since 1947"...

There are a couple CG products that I like.

Their New Car and Leather scents. Do they really smell like those things? No, but I think they smell good.

I actually like Nonsense. It has very little odor and what is there fades very quickly. At 1:20 it works, but it`s not a heavy cleaner. I would almost compare it to Meg`s QID without the protestants at that dilution.

And lastly, I like Silk Shine. There may be something better but, for what I want and the price I`m happy with it right now.

Sent from my VIVO XL using Tapatalk
    “Those who are able to see beyond the shadows and lies of their culture will never be understood, let alone believed, by the masses.” - Plato

Now, if you will excuse me, I must go pray for wisdom from the Meguiar`s gods.

Post Thanks / Like

I personally use a lot of CG products. Mainly because when I first started to look for that better than OTC brand, CG came across the radar with the tons of "how-to" videos and hype, and I purchased a bit of everything you`d need for the basics: Shampoos, waxes, interior cleaners, etc. So far I haven`t used any one particular product that I thought was terrible. Definitely a few products so far that didn`t hold up to the hype and we`re just ok. By no means we`re they so terrible that I would throw them all away, more like they`ll be replaced by different brands that I`m learning from this forum. Realistically I should`ve joined this forum before I went out and bought everything. Haha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RI_FF/Medic View Post
    I personally use a lot of CG products. Mainly because when I first started to look for that better than OTC brand, CG came across the radar with the tons of "how-to" videos and hype, and I purchased a bit of everything you`d need for the basics: Shampoos, waxes, interior cleaners, etc. So far I haven`t used any one particular product that I thought was terrible. Definitely a few products so far that didn`t hold up to the hype and we`re just ok. By no means we`re they so terrible that I would throw them all away, more like they`ll be replaced by different brands that I`m learning from this forum. Realistically I should`ve joined this forum before I went out and bought everything. Haha
    I think that is basically what most are saying. Compared to a lot of what you would be recommended at an auto parts store they are a step up. Are they worthless? Most I would say not, but I dont know of anything they make that I have seen anyone say was a class leader. Ultimately if you are happy with the results that`s all that matters. Part of the "fun" of this obsession is trying new things to get that next little step up. The funny thing is, it`s subjective and there are so many variables there is no absolute correct answer. Find what works for you and use it. The truth is unless the person looking at it frequents sites like this they dont know the difference between Souveran and Turtle Wax.
    Likes Angus, Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSkip333 View Post
    I think that is basically what most are saying. Compared to a lot of what you would be recommended at an auto parts store they are a step up. Are they worthless? Most I would say not, but I dont know of anything they make that I have seen anyone say was a class leader. Ultimately if you are happy with the results that`s all that matters. Part of the "fun" of this obsession is trying new things to get that next little step up. The funny thing is, it`s subjective and there are so many variables there is no absolute correct answer. Find what works for you and use it. The truth is unless the person looking at it frequents sites like this they dont know the difference between Souveran and Turtle Wax.
    I couldn`t agree more. Just in the short time I`ve been on this forum, I have already created a list of new brands and products to try. It is quite the obsession to try and constantly expand the arsenal of products. So much to choose and try out to see what works best

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RDKC View Post
    And lastly, I like Silk Shine. There may be something better but, for what I want and the price I`m happy with it right now.
    oh yes, Silk Shine looks so good on tires. It`s a good buy when on sale.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

<snip> better than OTC brand<snip>
    This is where I think a lot of misinformation lies. I use almost entirely exclusive over-the-counter products nowadays, and wouldn`t be afraid to put up the results I can get out of them against anyone else using their product of choice. Fact of the matter is there`s a lot of great products I can get locally and there`s some boutique online-only stuff that many would consider "better" that flat out sucked. Just because something costs twice as much and can only be bought online definitely doesn`t make it better than something that can be bought at Wal-Mart or Carquest.
    I still don`t believe in grit guards.
    Likes Ronkh, JustJesus, SouthPawCO liked this post
    Thanks Ronkh thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That`s why I didnt say OTC, I said what someone at the store would recommend. We are lucky enough now that some stores carry Meguiars, Griots, Mothers, heck even Turtle Wax makes a nice tire coating from what I hear. Its like anywhere else, you either have to know what you are looking for or weed through a bunch of substandard products to either get the look you want or work harder than necessary to get it.

Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn`t say I`m a big fan of CG, but the eight or nine products of theirs that I have used have not disappointed, and some (like V07) are really very good.

I think the company catches more flak than they deserve. Yes, they have a ton of products with a lot of overlap, but since when is choice a bad thing? Try different stuff and see what works best for you. And yes, the hype machine is running full-throttle there, but almost every company does that -- some are just better at it.
    Thanks Mary B thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SouthPawCO View Post
    I don`t have experience with them first hand but I do read a lot of reviews and forums and none have been that great about them. I will spend my money on products that have better reviews. They do advertise like crazy and make stuff look flashy on their social media accounts.
    What are you talking about? They have plenty of good reviews on the site! The is a joke about how any non stellar review you leave on their site is deleted in a few hours if that long. In general, the detailing industry has great customer service, CG has to be the worst, it makes cable companies customer service look good. When I called several years ago, their head of sales answered. He ranked among the most arrogant and condescending people I have ever talked to.
    Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I personally use a lot of CG products. Mainly because when I first started to look for that better than OTC brand, CG came across the radar with the tons of "how-to" videos and hype, and I purchased a bit of everything you`d need for the basics:
    If you google car detailing products, CG shows up at the top of the list.

If you youtube car detailing products, CG shows up at the top of the list.

They show how `easy` it is to detail your car. Just the other day a friend of mine on FB asked if anyone detailed cars on the side. A guy responded with a picture of a cardboard box filled with CG products and said "I can do it, hit me up. I use nothing but the best." Does that stuff meet his expectations? I am assuming so since he had everything from hex pads all the way down to stripper scent. I am sure nothing they sell is bad but there is more bang for your buck elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

I use some of there products, i have nothing to complain about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JaredPointer View Post
    This is funny to me, because I can remember threads that went on for days back several, several years ago where the argument was that Chemical Guys / Warner Chemicals made everyone else`s products. My, how time flies...

Also - Duragloss made Zaino.
    Awwwww yes. The DG/Zaino wars !!!! Lol

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I can`t lie their marketing got me too and they sell within Canada (kind of a huge plus for me). When I told a detailing buddy about the CG products I had ordered and he quickly pointed me to Autopia forums (how I got started). It wasn`t long before my CG products were replaced by superior products except for the CG dressing (extreme shine) which I still use.

CG products I`ve owned:
    Mr. Pink - It smells like bubble gum and was not as good as OTC Meg`s Gold so I wasn`t impressed
    Citrus Wash and Gloss - It smelled like Mt. Dew, very slick, but doesn`t clean worth a d**
    Butter Wet Wax - It smells like banana, last like a week, fills nicely and looks like 845
    50/50 Wax - No smell, tried it twice, I liked OTC Mothers synth-wax more
    EZ Cream Glaze - Smells like Grape Drink, fills in just ok, doesn`t look great IMHO, not sure why I got a glaze.
    Leather conditioner - Smells like leather, feels like hair conditioner, my leather seats are sealed so IDK why I bought this.
    Extreme shine - Smells like candy, shine that lasts, restores trim, nice deep blacks, shine can be toned down with a dry buff/wipe (only keeper from CG for me)

None were "bad products" just sub-par even when compared to some OTC products. None damaged the finish of my car so no complaints here, and the smells were quite memorable (like Uber RW is).

Fortunately, my friend got my started with Klasse twins (KAIO&KSG) as my very first LSP (before my CG purchase) and eventually pointed me to these forums, the rest is history.

To the OP: if you plan to only detail your own car I recommend you try some other product lines like Meguires detailer line, Poorboy`s, WolfGang/Blackfire, and Polish Angel (they`ll impress)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 4u2nvinmtl View Post
    I can`t lie their marketing got me too and they sell within Canada (kind of a huge plus for me). When I told a detailing buddy about the CG products I had ordered and he quickly pointed me to Autopia forums (how I got started). It wasn`t long before my CG products were replaced by superior products except for the CG dressing (extreme shine) which I still use.

CG products I`ve owned:
    Mr. Pink - It smells like bubble gum and was not as good as OTC Meg`s Gold so I wasn`t impressed
    Citrus Wash and Gloss - It smelled like Mt. Dew, very slick, but doesn`t clean worth a d**
    Butter Wet Wax - It smells like banana, last like a week, fills nicely and looks like 845
    50/50 Wax - No smell, tried it twice, I liked OTC Mothers synth-wax more
    EZ Cream Glaze - Smells like Grape Drink, fills in just ok, doesn`t look great IMHO, not sure why I got a glaze.
    Leather conditioner - Smells like leather, feels like hair conditioner, my leather seats are sealed so IDK why I bought this.
    Extreme shine - Smells like candy, shine that lasts, restores trim, nice deep blacks, shine can be toned down with a dry buff/wipe (only keeper from CG for me)

None were "bad products" just sub-par even when compared to some OTC products. None damaged the finish of my car so no complaints here, and the smells were quite memorable (like Uber RW is).

Fortunately, my friend got my started with Klasse twins (KAIO&KSG) as my very first LSP (before my CG purchase) and eventually pointed me to these forums, the rest is history.

To the OP: if you plan to only detail your own car I recommend you try some other product lines like Meguires detailer line, Poorboy`s, WolfGang/Blackfire, and Polish Angel (they`ll impress)
    You mentioned polish angel that`s one I think is hit or miss as well. Tried the Polish very disappointed. But I like the compound

sent from me

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information