Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hearing Protection

I wear these David Clarks, They are not cheap but I find them comfortable and work well .Hearing Protection-davisclark.png
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t see how you guys can work with those large headphones on your head. The weight would drive me nuts and the way I sweat while I work in the summer months they would become pretty unsanitary very quickly.

I`ve found the red/yellow Stanley foam ear plugs work really well. I can`t find the dB supression numbers right off hand, but I`ve found them to work better than the multi-layer rubber earplugs I was issued to protect my ears while shooting weapons. Not only do they supress the noise of a DA to almost nothing, but they work great when operating a lawn mower or weed eater too. When they get a little funky I simply toss them and grab more from the tube of 200 I have sitting on my shelf.

Post Thanks / Like

I use IEMs (headphones that isolate like earplugs but make high quality sound) and listen to some music that doesn`t need to blast in order to be heard. For other purposes where I need to knock down the sound level but need to hear everything, I use musician`s earplugs like those made by Etymotic. You get full frequency range sound but knocked down 10, 15, 20 or 25 dB. Those are reusable.

IEMs I`ve had and like - Shure SE425, Shure SE535, Etymotic ER4XR. I use them for my daily commute too, blocking most train/bus noises and the noise from other riders. They`re also a joy on airplanes. The history of IEMs is in ear monitors for stage performers - isolate and protect from the surrounding wall of sound on stage, and feed the performer what they need to hear in order to perform.
    Likes skibik liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

What?

he he I couldn`t resist. I`m certified as a hearing conservationist. People would do that kind of thing all the time. Almost half the time first response was huh, or what.
    Likes Desertnate, mc2hill liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Also a shooter who doesn`t really wear hearing protection while detailing (I don`t use my DA often), but I would recommend a few things. The Howard Leights on the other page are my go-to for shooting. The aux plug would be very nice for music as well. There are newer models and other brands that offer Bluetooth if you want to be cord-free.

When I`m pressure washing I will wear these: https://www.surefire.com/tactical-eq...-products.html - under $20 and comfortable

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    I could use that around here, but I think Jen would catch on and get mad.......
    Ron, I think the secret is wearing them in the garage not it the house----LOL however there may be an upside for both locations
    Jay

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information