Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    man that garage looks sweet! I just bought a house with a 2 car garage. Once in I am going to be finishing it. But its going to be so great to go from a townhouse, to a house with a 2car garage I can actually work on my cars without my neighbors asking how long my truck will be on jacks!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank goodness the sanding is finally over with!!! I was about ready to kill myself. I had thought about throwing myself off of the scafolding numerous times so that I couldnt work on it anymore (jk) :doh

We painted the ceilings today..and for cheap too. Actually all of the paint we have used in the garage has been clearance paint. The grey on the base was one of those `oops` buckets of paint they sell at home depot for whatever price, because they mixed the wrong color. The ceiling paint was a 5gallong bucket, but unfortunately it was not enough to cover the loft, so we mixed all of the white paints we had and got our lofts ceiling. Tomorrow we will be painting the walls :2thumbs:

I must admit, the sheetrock work we did is superior to many houses I have been in, where professionals had done the work. I really dig the color, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy sheetrock, batman! The photo of the pile of sheetrock...most of going to a ceiling, makes me quesy. At least your "Sistine Chapel" is done now! What a great project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, over the past two days we got the walls painted a darker grey, and put our HID`s up. This is what a lot of money in lighting looks like.

I love it, and we still have 13 other lights to hang! Its friggin bright in there, I took that pic at 11:30pm

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW, that`s looking great! Looks like you`re heading for the home stretch now.

Post Thanks / Like
    The king of all Garages!!! lol...

I have something similar actually... .the HID`s are friggin expensive too!!

Looking at that Garage it looks to be a $40-50k project and thats taking into account that you are doing it yourself. A contractor would probably take 100k to build that start to finish!

Post Thanks / Like
    Got some more fixtures in, all along the sides and down the center. They look a little yellow in the pictures, not sure why. Some of them may be though, we alternated 34w lights in every other fixture down the center, because we ran out of 40w`s when we were installing them. Soon we will replace all of them with the cool white`s that occupy most all of the side lights. Hard to capture how bright it is, but it is pretty bright in there.

Post Thanks / Like
    it that a tanning bed for cars?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing your project with everyone! Fantastic work! :hifive: Please keep the updates coming!

Just curious, how many lighting fixtures total?

Never can have too much light, especially as the eyes get older.

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    Since my last post we have gotten a lot accomplished. We sprayed in about 50 bags of R13 blow in insulation, with a machine we rented from home depot. That was a great experience, the machine was broken and we had to fix it. One of the motor mounts had broken and the motor had fallen closer to the floor, and rubbed a hole in the hose...which made it nearly impossible to spray insulation, we riged it up to work, but it took much longer than it should have. After we had blown the insulation in we were finally able to put the covers over the attic access holes.

After that we were able to move onto other things, because the insulation was finally out of the way. We sprayed the pegboard with an aluminum oxide paint, and put a clear over it to make it semi-reflective. In the pics it looks splotchy, but it`s really not nearly as splotchy as they appear, they are just dirty from sitting. We also got around to putting all of the switch and outlet covers on. We hung trim as well, using some sort of vinyl that was supposed to be used to seperate the individual pieces of pegboard, but did not work out. Since we had lots of extra pieces of it left over, we used trim nails to hang it as trim..and it actually looks pretty friggin good.

We finished all of that yesterday, last night my dad put shelving in on top of the block, we have 8in on one side and 12in on the other. It really doesn`t get in the way of anything, and seems plenty sturdy.

We also got the loft finished out, painted the loft floor, installed base trim and got all of the covers in place, but my battery ran out before I had a chance to snap a pic or two of it. We`ve also gotten a lot more `invisible` work accomplished, and we are steadily moving along. The fact that I have started school again has taken a hit on our progress though, but its still not that big of a problem. Hopefully this weekend we will be able to pressure wash the floor and start coating it.

:2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome work!

Post Thanks / Like
    garage looks great! would like to have one like that some day.

Post Thanks / Like
    IntrstlarOvrdrv- It just looks better and better :xyxthumbs Is it starting to feel like you`re in the home stretch yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    IntrstlarOvrdrv- It just looks better and better :xyxthumbs Is it starting to feel like you`re in the home stretch yet?

Thanks!

It does and doesnt feel like we`re in the home stretch, its wierd..things now are just as stressful because now we are trying to organize as we go. It goes though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IntrstlarOvrdrv
    Thanks!

It does and doesnt feel like we`re in the home stretch, its wierd..things now are just as stressful because now we are trying to organize as we go. It goes though.

That`s an amazing garage you`re building there and should be a joy to work in. You and your dad should be proud while the rest of us are envious. Keep the progress updates coming as it`s been fun following your contruction.

:2thumbs:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information