Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LightngSVT
    ] Im getting excited to pull the cars in a start detailing!

As Would I!! :grinno:

Well take your time in the updates but do not forget the ones that have been here since the start of the thread. I really am happy for you!! :clap:

Hope that the other house sells in a New York minute!! Good LUCK!! :xyxthumbs
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Im hoping to do it between closing and moving. If we still have both houses that will buy me a bit of time. But if I can swing hiring those 2 jobs out at least, timing wont be to big of an issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    wow that looks really great!! the house is a totally great look, It makes me want to move to the states even more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any way you can do the messier jobs (e.g., paint and floor) before you move? That way you`d have someplace to put the vehicles and other stuff during the whole moving-in process.

I was thinking the same thing...that would be more convenient speaking from experience on the floors...

The house and garage look very beautiful. I`m sure you will really enjoy it.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Well the time is drawing near so I thought Id bump the thread. This Friday we have our orientation / inspection and then we close on the 20th and I get to move into my garage, uh..... I mean house. Nothing much new to post pics of waiting on the utility sink to be finished and the garage door installed.

This is bitter-sweet however since we still own the old house and given MI`s current economy it may be a while before it sells. Given we need some extra cash I was "forced" to sell the M3, it`ll be going to its new home in NJ in a week or 2. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: But it will be joining his 911 Turbo in the garage so Im glad its going to a good home at least. Oh well I`ll look for something else once everything shakes out.

There will be much to do to "finish" the garage after we move in, just not sure of my time line to finish given the current situation. heres a list:

flourescent lighting

skim coat / sand drywall

paint

Epoxy coat floors

install counters

install wall cabinets (3- plastic)

Run water hose

get wall mounted vacuum

run airlines

install TV

install Heater

Install door opener

lift (way down the road...)

So this thread may go on for quite a while yet. Unless some MI Autopians want to come over and help? LOL.

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I`m willing to help! Pizza and decent beer is all I need :lol

In my new house I have already installed a ng ceiling mounted heater (gas line/electric/horizontal vent/thermostat), installed 13 flourescent lights on two new breaker switches, ran my air lines, installed 2 screw type door openers, etc. Let me know, I think I`m about 25 minutes away.
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet, thats half the stuff I want to do!

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, shoot me a note when you are ready

Post Thanks / Like
    Well we`ve been in the new house for about 1.5 weeks now and the garage is great! IT swallowed 2 cars, my old garage worth of "stuff" plus about 1.5 cars worth of space in boxes, etc and it still felt fairly open. Unfortunatley with Michigan`s wonderful (not) economy we still own our old house so the drywall finishing, paint and florr didnt get done yet. But they will in the future. I might be bringing the Lightning over this weekend, or next week and the Mustang will come soon after that. Unfortunately the M3 was sacrificed in the name of payiong for 2 houses, oh man did that hurt watching it drive away!

Wifehatescar, what did you use to plumb your air lines? I installed my garage door opener this week and hope to be ordering at least 4 of my HO 8` light fixtures soon. Im now to the point of haveing unpacked and moved all the house junk from my garage and am ready to start unpacking and organizing the garage. Im torn and which way to lay it out? Here are 2 floor plans, what do you think? Ill try to post some reent pics up.

Post Thanks / Like
    oooh does our Michigam economy suck or what :sosad

The layout of your garage is amazing...Sorry to hear the M3 left Please post some pictures when you get a chance of your new garage all stocked up

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua312
    oooh does our Michigam economy suck or what :sosad

The layout of your garage is amazing...Sorry to hear the M3 left Please post some pictures when you get a chance of your new garage all stocked up
    My house has been for sale since last December and we have had 5 people look at it. That included our open house two weeks ago when one person came.

Post Thanks / Like
    My house has been for sale Since late August! Its 2100`, 4 br, 2.5 bth, 5 years old, prof landscaped, etc. Cant seem to give it away. In my area and price range houses are selling (used) at the whopping rate of an average of 2 (yes 2) per month! Im thinking about leasing it out for a year and hoping the market is better next year, dual mortgage payments for a year would S-U-C-K!!!!

So which layout do you guys think is better?

Post Thanks / Like
    It sucks hard for sure!

Oh, I like the second one the best. I never liked three cars lined up. The less cars you have to move to get to another the best I think. Plus I think you have more usable room in #2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lightning,

Sorry to hear of your real estate problems. As far as layouts, I would do the second, that way you have a dedicated work area you could drive any car into. You have that in the first layout, but the second would put it deeper into the garage (think winter temps). Good luck and I hope all goes well in selling your other residence.

Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the second layout also. It`s more of a dedicated work area.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information