Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LightngSVT
    .. I can already think of things Ill do differently on the next one.

[/img]

Heh heh, you always will. I don`t plan on doing another garage in this lifetime, but I think I might get it right next time if I did...my friends who`ve built numerous houses always say they start getting things right the third time.

Post Thanks / Like
    2000 sq ft house in SE Michigan huh? *digs thru pockets* I got some pocket lint and a $10. bill...but I will get you another $20 cause you are an autopian....is it a deal? :lol couldnt resist.

So when are we coming over to see it in person...I am thinking BBQ, detailing supplies from Danase and a day of fun in a really kick a$$ garage! :lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking real good. Keep the pics comin`. :2thumbs:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the entire inside of the garage will be drywalled, including the ceiling. I think Im going to finish and paint it, but thats another story. Talked to my builder today, they forgot to add in the price to insulate the garge. They want $1395 but thats R13 in all the walls and R19 in the complete ceiling, so its a good deal really. The brick work is done and we have a pre-drywall meeting today. Ill try to get some new pics up today.

Chuck,

Be sure to specify that you want "finish grade" drywall, and not "knife grade" spackling like most garage drywall finishes. The drywall pros can do it much more efficiently.

Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to be honest here, its not my garage. Just kidding! What I was going to say is I have gotten used to my 15 minutes of fame here on Auotpia!! Its fun sharing the excitement and thanks again for all the compliments!

Dean, Ill double check the mud, but it is the same stuff they are using in the house.

Accumulator- This is sort-of garage #2 for me. My current house was built 5 years ago and I was able to add 6" in legnth, a utility tub and a seperate 20amp circuit for my compresso and 2 extra outlets. This is my first "big" garage though.

Scottabir- I would seriously consider having an Autopia detailing day / BBQ once we get moved in, etc. It would be nice in the summer with the lake, but I dont know when we`ll have a boat? No one rides our jet skis... On the house, you can have it for free, thats why they invented $0 down loans! LOL! Of course you have to start paying for it after about 30 days, but thats just a detail.

KevinA- Ill go check today how much slack is in the run and possibly move the outlet myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think Scott just wants an excuse to take his shirt off in front of everyone! LOL Kidding Scott.

House and garage looks sweet! We can not sell our home to save our lives though and we are still looking.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the most enjoyable threads that i have ever read over the long haul. Glad that everything is coming to an end so you can enjoy the fine space, view, and the home itself.

and.... as often said previously, KEEP THE PICTURES COMING!!
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Really coming along nicely Chuck. When`s the garage warming party?

Post Thanks / Like
    Danase, I feel your pain! Just think we have to pay for this new house and still havent been able to sell ours. Thanks Ford and GM for ruining the local economy and killin gthe housing market out here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Danase, I feel your pain! Just think we have to pay for this new house and still havent been able to sell ours. Thanks Ford and GM for ruining the local economy and killin gthe housing market out here.
    My dad just said the same thing about Ford and GM like 5 minutes ago when I was over there. It sucks!

My L5-S1 is killing me! wifehatescar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by scottabir
    2000 sq ft house in SE Michigan huh? *digs thru pockets* I got some pocket lint and a $10. bill...but I will get you another $20 cause you are an autopian....is it a deal? :lol couldnt resist.

So when are we coming over to see it in person...I am thinking BBQ, detailing supplies from Danase and a day of fun in a really kick a$$ garage! :lol

Sounds good to me, I`ll bring the beer :clap:
    We can rebuild him. We have the capability to make the world’s first bionic man. Better than he was before. Better Stronger Faster

Post Thanks / Like
    We`ll see what happens. If I dont sell my current house the garage is going to look exactly like you see it here!

Post Thanks / Like
    wow its really coming on !! I cant wait to see the next set of pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well here are the latest pics:

There will be a bit of a gap in between updates since the builder has finished most of his work in the garage. Ill be taking care of alot of the "extra`s" (paint, floor coating, lights, etc) after we move in. Im getting excited to pull the cars in a start detailing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any way you can do the messier jobs (e.g., paint and floor) before you move? That way you`d have someplace to put the vehicles and other stuff during the whole moving-in process.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information