Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the split in the garage roof for? Is there a window back in there?

House is looking great!

When are we all coming over for a detail party? LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s the big propane tank for? Is that going to be your gas source? Or is that left over from some contractor use?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just talking with my wife this very morning lamenting the fact that we do not have Cable in the garage. I commend you for your foresight.

It really is coming together now. Nice weather apparently for Michigan. They are puddles in the back yard are the not?

Love brick for a house siding. Have it on mine. Very low maintenance.

Your also have a beautiful veiw to go with such a nice house.

Cannot wait for your first detail in the garage.

Keep the pictures coming!!
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Danase, the split on the long side is for the window in the MAster Bathroom. I may just have a detail party when its all done and we move in, however that is about 2.5 months away still.

Setec- I believe the propane tank is for heaters when they do the drywall in the near future. All of our utilites are city and under ground, we have natural gas for heat, etc.

CWCAD- its been beautiful for Michigan this time of year in the 30`s and even into the low 40`s a few days. The puddles in the backyard are from the tracks from the big trucks fill with water. It will be final graded when the house is all done.

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re really doing it right :xyxthumbs You`re gonna love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    looks great! Have you decided on a floor finnish yet? Looks like the troweled the floor very smooth almost slippery.

Post Thanks / Like
    No descision on the floor yet. I have talked to a few contractors and the price for a good epoxy floor is between $2800-4000, a bit rich for my blood with all the other expenses going on with the new house and all. They did a very good job and the floor, fairly flat and smooth. Id like to do a stain or epxoy, Im just waiting to hear back from the guy David Fermani recommended to see what he can do price wise. But I think he`ll be very high as he has a high end commercial clientel currently.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LightngSVT
    No descision on the floor yet. I have talked to a few contractors and the price for a good epoxy floor is between $2800-4000, a bit rich for my blood with all the other expenses going on with the new house and all. They did a very good job and the floor, fairly flat and smooth. Id like to do a stain or epxoy, Im just waiting to hear back from the guy David Fermani recommended to see what he can do price wise. But I think he`ll be very high as he has a high end commercial clientel currently.

WOW $$2800+ You could just buy the supplies from UCoat and spend 1/3 that. How many square feet do you need to cover? Do you want a gloss or matte surface? Good luck, do not be concerned about doing the job yourself. It is not that hard just labor intensive. Chances are that you would do a better job in the prep anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn`t know Dave hasn`t contacted you yet? I`ll call him tomorrow and light a fire under his butt. PM me with your results.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess he must be to busy with all the commercial acounts to do a small garage? Still no word, but he`s probably out of my price range anyway.

Just a short update on the `ol grage, they insulated the walls! But....... The contractor put in R11 instead of the agreed upon R13 walls and R19 ceiling (r15 in the house with R38 ceilings). So now they have to rip it all out and start over. Thats why I go over there almost daily to keep tabs on the progress.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess he must be to busy with all the commercial acounts to do a small garage? Still no word, but he`s probably out of my price range anyway.

Just a short update on the `ol grage, they insulated the walls! But....... The contractor put in R11 instead of the agreed upon R13 walls and R19 ceiling (r15 in the house with R38 ceilings). So now they have to rip it all out and start over. Thats why I go over there almost daily to keep tabs on the progress.

WOW, good thing you cought that before the drywall went up. Just one tip. Make sure to reference where all the outlets so that they do no cover one up. It seem like the drywallers always manage to cover up atlease one on most jobs.

Post Thanks / Like
    So here is the garage wall, re-insulated with the correct R13. The ceiling hasn`t been done yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Progress has been slow, well because there isnt that much left for the builder to complete on the garage and they have a lot to do on the house yet. I do know that all the cabinets and granite have been ordered and all the mechanical systems are about 90%+ completed now. Anyway, the garage has been drywalled and the gas and cable TV runs are in now. It still needs to be taped and mudded and then the blown in R19 insulation in the ceiling and trim around the windows and garage door and the garage is totally finished until we close on the house. Then comes storage, paint, lights, door opener, counter tops and possibly floor (still cant decide what, if anything, to do).

Oh and I still havent sold my old house. If anyone wants a 2000`, 4br, 2.5 bath, 2.5 car garage house in SE michigan thats only 5 years old let me know. LOL!

Thats a 4` x 10` sheet of drwall leaning against the wall

On the left is the cable TV outlet, or the right is the natural gas line and below is power. Looking back I should have had an additional outlet near the cable TV outlet. Live and learn. I can already think of things Ill do differently on the next one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! its sure getting there. Don`t worry there are always things that you wish you could change. I cann`t wait to see the finnished garage. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Post Thanks / Like
    "On the left is the cable TV outlet, or the right is the natural gas line and below is power. Looking back I should have had an additional outlet near the cable TV outlet. Live and learn. I can already think of things Ill do differently on the next one."

I would think the power for the outlet runs right next to the cable line, just cut a hole and install a box for the new outlet there. If you`re lucky, there will be enough slack in the power line to do the install.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread Information