Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    LightngSVT- Sorry, I don`t know the specifics of the prep required for the staining. It shoudn`t be too big a deal as the floors of the "normal"/attached/non-shop garages of my houses have usually been treated with something like that. They`ve always been clear but a buddy of mine who`s in construction said the stuff is also available tinted. These garage floors seemed like they were done on the cheap but the stuff was still holding up by the time I bought the houses.

The nice thing about this sort of thing is that while it keeps the floor clean, it doesn`t get as slippery when wet as a lot of other products.

And note that the prep for a new floor oughta be a lot less involved that that of an older floor. In my (admittedly limited) experience you`re always looking at a wash, acid etch, and rinse no matter what you use anyhow.

Post Thanks / Like
    THE H&C site has some good advice. conctere needs to cure fully before you can apply it. That may be 3 months in this weather. I always do an acid etch and pressure wash. I then wait 24 hours to let it dry completely. I have used it on driveways and garages where hot tire can be a problem. On my driveway for example it was put on 3 years ago and I pressure wash twice a year atleast. No peeling or bubbles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just about finished just needs paint!!

PC, rotary, pads, cloths are all in either the one with the doors open or in the wee mobile toolbox.

Done the first detail today!

Post Thanks / Like
    nice space!! Great thread!! glad that it all complete. Or are you going to do something more with the floor?
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh got to paint still but I was desperate to get my stuff in, it will need to be removed by monday though! haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! What kind of panels are that on the ceiling and walls? I know you are excited, hope it is all that you wanted.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey thanks zippy thats plasterboard on the walls, still to be taped and skimmed.

Yeh for sure I love the place I spent all day in it just playing basically!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, that`s what i thought. I just did not want to point out the obvious. Wall board is a different color here in the states. Yours looks like it is already primed. Just like plaster board here that is blueish due to the coating they put on it. Are you going to tape and skim the joints, or are you doing a plaster job?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh just tape and skim then paint, hopefully be fully finished by Wednesday woop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, looks great! And almost done too, what a great thread, glad to be able to watch your garage come together.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks very much guys!

LightngSVT - I really like how your garage is coming together!! Looks excellent you have good workers there, even in snow!

Zippy - I should have known it was drywall in the States as I watch lots of the home and leisure channel lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    JJ,

This garage is really looking nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, gets paint on Monday then I am off to buy a workbench and a tool chest/roller.

I have decided to leave the floor because all my stuff is in there now and I can`t really be bothered moving it all again! lol. Some excuse but hey!

Post Thanks / Like
    Leaving the floor might work out OK (looks notwithstanding). When I had the dealership building, the main shop floor was never treated/painted/etc. after it was redone and it never caused any problems. I`ve heard about bare concrete dusting a lot but that one never did.

Get a bigger toolchest/roll-away than you think you`ll ever need

Post Thanks / Like
    O well floor was done in the end.

Hope you like, still a black skirting to go, pic was taken through the window as the floor is curing.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information