Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    JJ, I sure have! Always glad to see someone get something that looks as good as this project.

Although I have a garage, it is full of things that I have no control over. I wish that I had your space. Heck, I wish I had a lot more space just to put toys that I could detail.

Keep posting pic`s!! You know at least one member of this forum is certainly not bored with your pictures and posts.

Will look forward to your pics of vehicles that you detail once completed with your project
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Coming along nicely JJ. Nice work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Im surely not bored wathing your thread either. Being in the process of building my own garage (and house) I can appreciate what your are going through. I must say that looks to be a very nice space you have made for yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey well its nothing compared to your car HOUSE! lol but it will do for me, after all I think I am the only autopian for quite some miles and other people don`t get why it has to be quite a bit bigger than my car.

Well I hope to get the painter to come soon, for floor covering I think just now I just want it painted maybe an epoxy I just need to see what is available as I know you guys (america) have much more choice for all things hence why I wanna move to America sometime.

Post Thanks / Like
    JJ- What about having your floor just stained? That seems to work pretty well, at least it`s not a huge mess if something goes wrong like it can be if epoxy paint starts to come up. The staining would seal against concrete dusting and oughta be pretty affordable.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking good, the walls and ceiling are nice and flat and straight. Someone did a good job in the framing! We love the pics, keep them coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    JJ- What about having your floor just stained? That seems to work pretty well, at least it`s not a huge mess if something goes wrong like it can be if epoxy paint starts to come up. The staining would seal against concrete dusting and oughta be pretty affordable.

Ill ask my painter if they can use this. I fancy that idea, sounds good!

Post Thanks / Like
    What type of stain are you talking about? Like what Dean used in his garages? I looked into that for mine, but its time consuming and COSTLY. They have to bead blast then clean the concrete, stain it, coat it and then you have to periodically wax it. At least that was the system I looked into.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you doing floor wise? Since you have quite a large amount of ground to cover.

Im have no idea what the stainging procedure is, accumulator had suggested it so Ill get my painter to discuss the options we have.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don know what Im doing with my large floor yet. Its roughly 1130 sq ft. My budget will be pretty small (ok tiny) by the time we move in so Im still looking at flooring options. I dont mind the look of bare concrete actually, if I could only find a clear sealer that is durable to go over it I may leave it bare.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a good friend that`s in the garage flooring business. He did the epoxy floor in my detail shop. Relatively competitive price with superb quality. The name of his company is Calidad. I can have him contact you if you`d like some ideas. His office is in Livonia.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be great!! You can shoot me an email at lightningsvt@comcast.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LightngSVT
    That would be great!! You can shoot me an email at lightningsvt@comcast.net
    e-mail sent

Check out his web-site:

http://www.calidadllc.com/
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    For a great clear sealer I have not seen anything better that H&C. You can get it at a local Sherwin Williams paint store for about $19-$23 per gallon. http://www.hcconcrete.com/product/3011.asp

I seem to get about 300 square feet of coverage on the first coat and 400 on the second.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zippy what prep is required and how many yuears of service do you get under hot tires, oil, brake fluid, etc?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information