Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    The bike rack looks like the Racor ones, take a look, they have a few that might work for you. The ones they have that I really like are the double horizontal (Wall), and the bike hoist (ceiling).

I do have to say the G-Floor looks great, I love how it really makes the place look amazing. I`ve not seen a garage done in the diamond yet. I`ve been doing the coin so far for people. How do you like the diamond to the coin pattern?

For bike storage you can also use a slotwall type... but this is a different approach to storage all together.

Still the garage looks great, clean and tidy. Easy to work in!

Cheers,

Quentin

www.TotalGarage.ca

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that is a sweet space!! :xyxthumbs
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Consider taking 2" blue board insulation and cutting to size to fit in your garage panels. I have a garage a bit bigger than yours, but with the same door setup. I spent $100 and it made a world of difference.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey I`m interested in using this flooring in my garage, but am concerned about tire marks. InTheAir, do you have any problems with this? Anyone else have any experiences? I`m sick of covering my garage floor in cardboard to prevent stains and tire marks. Where can i get a roll of that textured acrylic they use for those mats office chairs roll on?

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice garage.

A suggestion if I might...I had white walls painted also then I painted a 4 foot high border in very dark navy blue aroud the perimeter. It looks great and helps hide any lower wall dirt/dings. I`ve gotten lots of compliments and its a simple "weekend warrior" type job.

Now I just need to get my floors done.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same mats you do from blt but bought the rib pattern. I`ve had them for about 3 year and i`m very satisfied. Once/twice a year I`ll wash the floor and put down a coat of floor wax to make the floor shine. I also overlapped each section and they have never moved. See pics in my profile, enjoy.

Jim

Â`</p>

2010 Porsche Cayman S

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by az1324
    Hey I`m interested in using this flooring in my garage, but am concerned about tire marks. InTheAir, do you have any problems with this? Anyone else have any experiences? I`m sick of covering my garage floor in cardboard to prevent stains and tire marks. Where can i get a roll of that textured acrylic they use for those mats office chairs roll on?
    I haven`t had any problem so far with staining--however, I need to qualify that statement in that I haven`t been able to wash the floor yet. We are in the mist of winter here in Michigan and the floor is pretty dirty due to dirt, salt, snow, etc.

However, one good thing is that when it is wet, it is ~not~ slippery, like I`ve heard apoxy can be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by InTheAir
    In the coming weeks, I plan on installing a natural gas 30,000 BTU heater (http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...9783&langId=-1) and a couple more pictures on the walls. This should keep the garage at about 50 degrees or more during the winter to allow for some winter detailing and maintenance.
    I ended up buying this one and it has worked VERY well:

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/w...03603&R=503603

It is thermostatically controlled and keeps the garage between about 52-59oF. I got it for $125 on sale.

Post Thanks / Like
    How is the drainage? When you pull your car in while driving in the snow and it melts? Does it puddle all over?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DETAILKING
    How is the drainage? When you pull your car in while driving in the snow and it melts? Does it puddle all over?
    Well, a little bit. Typically, the water will drain off the mats due to the slope of the cement. However, the mat that is deeper in the garage overlaps the one nearest the doors by a 1 1/2". At that overlap, the slope is not enough to completely drain the water that collects right at the overlap (upstream side). If there is enough water, it will flow over the overlap, but a little bit will remain. I have found that I need to take a broom every once in a while to broom the water past the overlap.

That being said, the flooring is hold up very well to salty snow, oil, fluids, etc. I have a snowblower sitting on an extra piece of the flooring. It dripped oil for a while that collected on the extra piece of flooring. I was lazy and didn`t get to wipe it up for about 2 months, which I had no problem doing. I`ll see how the extra piece fared in the spring when I wash out the garage and take a gentle cleaner to it.

One other thing to mention--I love how it is NOT slippery with water/moisture on it. With snow melting, etc., I have always had sure footing. Much better than many epoxy systems.

I have also used a floor jack and jack stands to lift a 911 and the flooring withstood it.

So far, so good, except for the slight pooling of water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great job and great looking product. Was the reseller that you bought from lacated near you?

This might be just what I need in my small shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, man.
    -Always open to suggestions.

"Bae"

Post Thanks / Like
    One top looking garage

Well done

Dave

Post Thanks / Like
    :goodjob . Man alive, that garage is huuuuuge & looks awesome. Where I live you`d be looking at $150,000 to buy a garage of that size.
    Mini Cooper S - Laser Blue

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information