Post Thanks / Like
    Well we`re finally making some steps in the right direction. My friends and I have been working on my garage on and off for the last two weeks or so. We had some hurricane damage from last season and lost some of the ceiling.

A neighbor of mine is moving and gave me some workbenches. My friend and I decided to build two more for some more surface area. We patched the ceiling with some fresh drywall and began removing the popcorn finish.

I`m planning on a dark grey or black ceiling with a matching border that goes around the garage about a six inches in height. I`m going to re-paint the walls white again and put a stain on the floor possibly matching the ceiling or darker.. thoughts? :woot:
    1999 Cobra Covertible #808

www.fquick.com/2JZFAN

DüRTy MicROFiBüRz CReW

Member 002

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel for you. I have some pipe break in my garage ceiling a couple of years ago and it looked a little like that.

I would stay away from large amounts of black or dark colors. My walls where wood and the garage is A LOT brighter now that they are painted. New lighting fixtures helped too!

I really like a lot of light in my garage.

Good luck and post some after pics.
    1991 NSX Blk/Blk
    2005 Civic Si
    2003 Xterra SC < Sold!
    2006 NBP EXP Honda Element AWD

Post Thanks / Like
    If that is a gas hot water heater I`d be very carefull using flammible liquids in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d go with a very light gray or white ceiling.

Those look like nice benches!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeh light ceilings and the border sounds good!

Good luck.

Post Thanks / Like
    As an update and a conclusion we finished.. here are some items to bring you guys up to speed.

This is a floor plan of our goal.

This is a shot of some more progress.

Still not done, but paint is down and my car is in! :2thumbs:

Old lighting from outside.

New T10 Fluorescents.

All in all it turned out great, I`ve got a thread going about the repair of my paint and the garage is really paying off. Still up I need to order some walla cabinets for the back wall.. then all I need is to purchase a proper tool chest to go between the table. :woot2:

www.fquick.com/2JZFAN

DüRTy MicROFiBüRz CReW

Member 002

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the color of that wall paint I bet it goes great with the gray... Nice change in the lighting... Excuse the newbieness where do you get t10 lighting? Home depot? My garage really lacks good lighting. It currently has 1 incandesent 100 watt bulb... I want to replace it with som tubes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by myuserid
    I really like the color of that wall paint I bet it goes great with the gray... Nice change in the lighting... Excuse the newbieness where do you get t10 lighting? Home depot? My garage really lacks good lighting. It currently has 1 incandesent 100 watt bulb... I want to replace it with som tubes.

thanks. I got the T10s @ homedepot but I`m sure they`re available all over.. it`s the type of bulb. The fixtures cost more BUT the bulbs cost less and last longer. At the cash register we realized by the second purchase of bulbs the T10s would have cost the same as the T8 fluorescents. You`ll love the T10s, they`re quieter, less flicker, less power consumption, longer life, and amazing light output consider more compact size. post pictures when you`re done! :xyxthumbs

www.fquick.com/2JZFAN

DüRTy MicROFiBüRz CReW

Member 002

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 2JZFAN
    thanks. I got the T10s @ homedepot but I`m sure they`re available all over.. it`s the type of bulb. The fixtures cost more BUT the bulbs cost less and last longer. At the cash register we realized by the second purchase of bulbs the T10s would have cost the same as the T8 fluorescents. You`ll love the T10s, they`re quieter, less flicker, less power consumption, longer life, and amazing light output consider more compact size. post pictures when you`re done! :xyxthumbs

Cool, just a couple questions about the bulbs. I want to install some of these today or tomorrow. My garage is only 375 sq ft...

So should I opt for a 2 bulb or 4 bulb setup?

Spectrum should be 5000 correct?

Should I go for 4` bulbs?

Thanks for the help =)

-matt

Thread Information