Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    I sell Genie, Linear and Liftmaster operators, along with garage doors. The installers that want the very best love the Liftmaster belt drives and almost never do we get problem calls on Liftmasters.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m another Wayne Dalton iDrive user. Very happy. Unfortunately, it`s more a complete system than just an opener. It basically mounts on the header and turns the spring. It is also DC powered, I believe they were first with that feature.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is very good timing on this thread, since we are about to replace our 25 yr. old Craftsman!

Thanks for the advice!
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    My father and I run a garage door company, installing probably probably 20+ week. Started out with Genie, got too many calls on problems, costing us more money because we have to send people back for warranty work. Now we are all about Liftmaster. Dramatically less calls on failure from the Liftmaster. Liftmaster is the professional line from Chamberlain. The latest newcomer to the block is Marantec, we sell so many openers and doors the distrubutor gave us one for free to test out. More plastic parts, thinner steel. It just looks like a toy.

We are still using Liftmaster Screwdrive. Not as quiet as belt drive models, but its a good reliable mid level product.

Post Thanks / Like
    My father and I run a garage door company, installing probably probably 20+ week. Started out with Genie, got too many calls on problems, costing us more money because we have to send people back for warranty work. Now we are all about Liftmaster. Dramatically less calls on failure from the Liftmaster. Liftmaster is the professional line from Chamberlain. The latest newcomer to the block is Marantec, we sell so many openers and doors the distrubutor gave us one for free to test out. More plastic parts, thinner steel. It just looks like a toy.

We are still using Liftmaster Screwdrive. Not as quiet as belt drive models, but its a good reliable mid level product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V8toytruck

I agree go to a home show and look what the people who sell garage doors use for openers (lift master) is always there. I had one in my last house one of they first screw drive units very good solid unit. This house came with a sears unit, okay, dose the job plenty of nice touches for the money but will not last as long I guess.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V8toytruck

I agree go to a home show and look what the people who sell garage doors use for openers (lift master) is always there. I had one in my last house one of they first screw drive units very good solid unit. This house came with a sears unit, okay, dose the job plenty of nice touches for the money but will not last as long I guess.

Kevin

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blonzz
    I use Wayne Dalton wall mounted idrive units on my garages.

Lowe`s is a Wayne Dalton dealer.

I like the design but when I see all of the problems reported on the internet I am concern.

Has Wayne Dalton addressed these issues?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, newbie here. Have a question. How are the wayne dalton door and idrive combos? I got a quote from Lowes for about $450 for each 8x7 r-10 garage door w/ track and acc. I didnt think that was a bad price but they would not sell me the idrive unit, they said that a certified dealer had to install it. Are you kidding me, I have worked for Horton Automatics which is an auto door company for about 15yrs which is an affilate of Overhead Door Corp. company. I tried to argue that I was totally capable of installing this unit on my own but they still said no. As much as I would like to tell them to go stick it, I dont want to cut off my nose to spite my face. I am still interested in the product. I did find a dealer that would sell me the opener for about $300 But I did have to beg and explain my mechanical backround. Has anyone ran into this problem? And does anyone have any pros or cons on this product. Thanks for your time, Broadway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by broadway
    Hey guys, newbie here. Have a question. How are the wayne dalton door and idrive combos? I got a quote from Lowes for about $450 for each 8x7 r-10 garage door w/ track and acc. I didnt think that was a bad price but they would not sell me the idrive unit, they said that a certified dealer had to install it. Are you kidding me, I have worked for Horton Automatics which is an auto door company for about 15yrs which is an affilate of Overhead Door Corp. company. I tried to argue that I was totally capable of installing this unit on my own but they still said no. As much as I would like to tell them to go stick it, I dont want to cut off my nose to spite my face. I am still interested in the product. I did find a dealer that would sell me the opener for about $300 But I did have to beg and explain my mechanical backround. Has anyone ran into this problem? And does anyone have any pros or cons on this product. Thanks for your time, Broadway.

I have Wayne Dalton doors/idrive combos on 2 garages. I had my local Wayne Dalton install them about 3 years ago.

They have been working flawlessly. They are extremely quiet as well. I am very pleased with them.

A few months back I finished remodeling my garage/shop. I was going to have an opener installed. It already has a 10` X 9` Wayne Dalton door. When I checked into it with WD at the end of last year I was told that the idrive would not work on a 9` tall door and that they were possibly coming out with an idrive compatible with taller doors.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m about to close on a 3yr old house with no garage door opener, so I picked up a Chamberlain Whisperdrive at Home Depot for $177 on sale. Regular price was over $200. :woot:

I was about to get a similar Sears model for $189 on sale, but it didn`t have all the features this one did. Motion sensor garage wall module, and secondary light module.

Post Thanks / Like
    I put a Genie screwdrive in my new house, its one of the top line models. Im very happy so far, great price vs features, its very smooth and quiet too. It was an "adventure" installing it by myself (first time + 10.5` ceilings = fun...). I wanted the Idrive, but it wasnt meant to be.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am about a month away from closing on my first house. I have looked at the different options out there. The Lowe`s here sells Overhead Door openers. They make one that goes twice as fast as normal. It also has a lot of bells and whistles. It is screw drive, so it will be noisier, but mine would me mounted underneath an empty attic space, so I don`t really care. Nobody really mentioned Overhead Door, so I just wondered if that meant good, bad, or indifferent. I know that they are one of the go-to`s as far as industrial doors go.
    1991 Frost White Honda Accord EX

2005 Breakwater Blue Lexus RX330

2005 Satin Silver Metallic Acura TL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information