Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw this at Sam`s Club too for $659, but it`s not on there website, the drawers run the full width as compared to the picture and it`s made by steel glide. Harbor Freight has one by us general too. it looks like a good deal, the one at sam`s club was surprisingly good quality imo. they had 3 instock and when i came back 2 days later, it was gone my fault for waiting!

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...d=US%20General

Post Thanks / Like
    That is nice!

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the one just like that from Costco afew years ago. They were made by Shark Stainless (as seen on Overhaulin) under there Hammerhead line of boxes.

VERY WELL MADE....ball bearing drawers....small detents right before the drawer totally closed to keep it from just sliding open, could load as much stuff into those drawers as you want and they dont bind.

Now they have one that is a cheaper quality....drawers arent very smooth, top lid is kinda flimsy. I am glad I got mine when I did.......best thing was, my girlfriend got it for me!! Everytime we went there, I hugged it....And then on my b-day, we walked in there and she was ike HAPPY B-DAY!!!

OH YEAH!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by chaotik

I got the one just like that from Costco afew years ago. They were made by Shark Stainless (as seen on Overhaulin) under there Hammerhead line of boxes.

VERY WELL MADE....ball bearing drawers....small detents right before the drawer totally closed to keep it from just sliding open, could load as much stuff into those drawers as you want and they dont bind.

Now they have one that is a cheaper quality....drawers arent very smooth, top lid is kinda flimsy. I am glad I got mine when I did.......best thing was, my girlfriend got it for me!! Everytime we went there, I hugged it....And then on my b-day, we walked in there and she was ike HAPPY B-DAY!!!

OH YEAH!!!!

hey chaotik, do you know how much she paid? Harbor Freight its about $900+ for top and bottom and only $40 for shipping!

Post Thanks / Like
    A guy at work has one just like that...as chaotik said it is a very well made box and the drawers are super smooth to pull out :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a great looking tool box and a cabinet both on wheels at home depot. They were diamond plate with black trim. I got excited until I saw the price of over 700$ since it came with tool bench and other things. "Im gonna go back and see if I can find the cabineet seperate for all my detailing stuff.
    Dave M.

Perfection Auto Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredsaintt
    hey chaotik, do you know how much she paid? Harbor Freight its about $900+ for top and bottom and only $40 for shipping!

I was with her when we got it.......I want to say it was around $650.00. Seemes like alot.....but the quality of this thing is outstanding!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the same one at my Sams. Looks real nice. the only thing I dont like is how stainless gets all fingure printed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats why I have a can of Zep stainless steel cleaner..........why do people look at me weird when they see me polishing my toolbox???

Of course...I do keep all my tools, etc very clean also

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Intercooled
    I saw the same one at my Sams. Looks real nice. the only thing I dont like is how stainless gets all fingure printed.

I agree. Stainless is hard to keep looking nice. And with reaching into that thing with greasy hands etc., you would be polishing the toolbox more than you use it I would think.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased this stainless steel toolchest from Costco in January, and I can attest to its incredible quality. It`s really hard to believe it only costs $650. The SAME toolchest is rebadged as a "Hammerhead" product and sold for nearly twice the price.

Obviously China has become a major manufacturer for high quality stainless steel. The attention to detail in this product is amazing. It puts the sharp edged, painted steel Craftsman chest to shame. It`s build so well that I`m sure it`s something that I`ll pass on to my grandchildren.

By the way, I could NOT find this tool chest in any of the Sam`s Clubs in my area. They sell a different product with smaller drawers.

Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    By the way, one gratuitous pic of my garage ....notice the tool chests

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by armoredsaintt
    $900 for some garbage from Harbor Freight! If you`ll spend that much on tool storage, you should call up your local Snap-on dealer and buy QUALITY. Of course I`m biased since I work for SO, but it really is the best!

Post Thanks / Like
    they have one at pepboys i saw yesterday
    2001 Suzuki Hayabusa GSX1300R
    2003 Toyota echo (45mpg)
    2005 Scion TC

Post Thanks / Like
    Any more pics of that garage? That Tool Chest is ridiculously nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information