Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ill post updates if you guys want as well.

:thx

-Matt[/QUOTE]

WE WANT!!!

YOU SHOULD BE PROUD OF YOURSELF!! :xyxthumbs
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks VERY nice. Yeah, that second coat won`t disappoint. Update pics would be great. I know that mine has held up very well with heavy traffic, and with two coats on yours it should be superb. Shouldn`t show any wear at all.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, reviving an oldie but goodie.

I am looking to apply the Rust-Oleum EPOXYShield Garage Floor Coating.

Can we get some recent updates on how well the floor has performed? Any more wonderful tips than those already provided?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    No new updates...it is holding up just as well at it was at the last time I updated this thread...

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the behr system (from home depot) on the my friends garage floor. And its been a year with absolutely no chipping or nothing. We opted to add two layers of the gloss on top of the two layers of paint to make it alot easier to clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    My father-in-law used the Behr system, but not the gloss. I think his would have held up much better if he had used the gloss layer. I used Epoxy Shield and it seems to have some gloss "built in". Mine is still holding up after 2+ yrs of use. Some slight tire pull, but other than that all is well.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    I appreciate the updates!

Is the surface very slippery when wet?

I don`t really want to add sand or other material to the coating to give it that sand paper texture but I don`t want anyone to bust their butt at my house either.

Also, regarding the paint chips, their purpose is only aesthetic correct? I may not add these but then again after seeing some of the pictures it does look pretty nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SVECobraR
    I used the behr system (from home depot) on the my friends garage floor. And its been a year with absolutely no chipping or nothing. We opted to add two layers of the gloss on top of the two layers of paint to make it alot easier to clean.

not to flame, but I am surprised to hear this. I have seen too many other posts, not sure if here or other forums, where many were disappointed with their results with this product. However, I am sure the surface prep had a lot to do with it. Maybe you can tell us what you did to prep the surface and what did you do in the application of the product along with how long did it take you to do your garage.

Thanks

Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    I would definitely use EpoxyShield over Behr because I too was not impressed with how the Behr held up. Chipped easily, tire pull, etc. Like I said though, the one I have experience with does not have the gloss layer that SVECobraR described.

As far as the surface being slippery... I wouldn`t run on it if it is wet, but I walk around on it normally when wet without being worried.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tasty
    I would definitely use EpoxyShield over Behr because I too was not impressed with how the Behr held up. Chipped easily, tire pull, etc. Like I said though, the one I have experience with does not have the gloss layer that SVECobraR described.

As far as the surface being slippery... I wouldn`t run on it if it is wet, but I walk around on it normally when wet without being worried.

Thanks for the post..

Dana

Post Thanks / Like
    sry to revive this again :p

but i am looking to do it soon and was wondering if i should use acid

myuserid: how is yours holding up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sneek
    sry to revive this again :p

but i am looking to do it soon and was wondering if i should use acid

myuserid: how is yours holding up?

I installed mine just over a year ago and it looks great. The kit comes with a citrus based acid. I purchased 2 kits so I was able to acid clean twice. I still had to go over the complete garage scrubbing by hand because if I wiped my hand across it I could pick up chalk. Once I could no longer pick up chalk I let the floor dry and applied the epoxy.

BTW, I made a mistake and overlapped my sections which is very noticeable because the overlapped area is thicker.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Well...About a year and a half into it and it is still holding up great. Just thought I would update so everyone would know that this stuff is really good for the DIY`er

Post Thanks / Like
    cool...how much was it?

Post Thanks / Like
    In total I think it cost about $115. I;m having a hard time remembering though as it was about a year and a half ago.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information