Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by roaringmouse

The areas where I overlapped are noticeably thicker then the rest of the garage.

I just noticed that when I got home tonight

Well Live and learn I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like
    I did this to mine last summer. So I`ve gone through one Michigan winter with the floor. Mine has started to peel. There are a couple of spots inside that are coming up due to moisture. I also found that during the winter, parts of the floor were very slippery when covered with snow. So, if I could make any recomendations, it would be to add sand to the paint chips for better grip. I guess if I were to go back and do it again, I`d probably go with the racedeck flooring system....

Just my $.02

Mike C

Post Thanks / Like
    So far it has been about 2 months and I am loving this floor so far. No problems. Easy to clean up. I mop the garage maybe once a month and it looks like new.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a year and a half into mine with no problems yet. Not that exact product, but similar.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you guys seen this one they have on eBay ? > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got inside from washing my truck....and yes, I still love the floor. Very easy to clean. Now for the rest of the garage...it is amazing how messy I can make it in 3 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, I just bougt 5 of these kits to do my new garage (new construction). Will this stuff stick to walls? I was wanting to paint the cement footings in the garage as well (about 2` tall.) Also, I think I`m going to rent an orbital buffer to really clean the floor.

Post Thanks / Like
    One more thing. I`m thinking of filling in the joints w/ some concretete repair filler stuff. Just to make the whole garage seem smooth. Yay or nay? Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PADZZ
    Hey guys, I just bougt 5 of these kits to do my new garage (new construction). Will this stuff stick to walls? I was wanting to paint the cement footings in the garage as well (about 2` tall.) Also, I think I`m going to rent an orbital buffer to really clean the floor.
    As long as what you are trying to do is smooth concrete...I would say go for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PADZZ
    One more thing. I`m thinking of filling in the joints w/ some concretete repair filler stuff. Just to make the whole garage seem smooth. Yay or nay? Hope that makes sense. Thanks.

I say yea...but remember, prep is everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    I say yeah! go ahead and fill them in, I did. It just makes it look seamless. :2thumbs:
    -------------------------------------

Mike C

1998 BMW 323is

2002 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4

Post Thanks / Like
    I have this on my garage floor too, but I think that no matter what brand you use they all start to peel eventually. Mine has done so very minutely where the car sits, and rain and such drains onto the floor and then sits there. My father in law recently installed tile in his garage, and it looks great. Time to upgrade from a coating to a whole new floor!
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Given the great preparation that you did on your bare concrete, I think that acid-etch staining would have been a better choice. The finish penetrates deeply and, by definition, can not chip. After nearly 1 year in my garage, it still looks new.

Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    And I would say that yours was professionally done judging by the cars in your garage, and the size of said garage. I tried acid etch stain in my living room, and it didn`t hold up for crap. It has a lot to do with the concrete you are working with too. I just don`t think ours was durable or smooth enough to last. Going back to carpet soon, especially with the new kiddos.
    "I can`t believe that we would lie in our graves wondering if we had spent our living days well." - Dave Matthews

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean
    Given the great preparation that you did on your bare concrete, I think that acid-etch staining would have been a better choice.

I am still not sure if that was sarcastic or not.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information