Post Thanks / Like
    I posted this in the other Garage Forum too, but I need more feedback. Thanks!

I am seriously considering getting this, not a bad deal when compared to Baldhead or even Snap-on, they said it`s made by Lista and it includes the 4 extra drawers with the 2000 piece acc. kit. I really like the set-up, what is your thoughts? It`s $2,900, plus $490 for shipping from MA to OH which IMO is high.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog..._3021&SKU=WC900

Post Thanks / Like
    the bench looks nice, but that stool looks to need a bit more padding. i made my own bench by getting the two tool box side boys from sears and a solid wood counter top from home depot.
    Just an Old Curmudgeon

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Griot`s and I don`t mind paying for some of their stuff, but I`m truly surprised you can`t save a bundle by going with somebody like Snap On. But then I haven`t actually priced these things either. Still, I can`t help but think that $3,400 is a lot to pay for some tool drawers and a slab of wood (and I`m not exactly frugal when it comes to the car hobby ). Heh heh, no I`m not forgetting the parts kits and they are worth something.

Give plenty of thought to what you`ll put in the different drawers and make sure that the combo they`ve put together is what *you* need.

I`m assuming that you already have a spot picked out where you want a (static) workbench/tool chest located and you`ve checked the dimensions.

Knowing me, if I *did* want a setup like that, I just might order it from Griot`s. But I`d sure give a lot of thought to which drawers I got.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would think you could do better at Sears, you could get more tools for that $490.00 shipping charge, Here is the link 10 pages of tool chest and work benches. they do have cheaper ones then are shown on the first few pages.

http://www.sears.com/sr/brand/store/...s+%26+Cabinets

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TRUCKERBAER

I would think you could do better at Sears, you could get more tools for that $490.00 shipping charge, Here is the link 10 pages of tool chest and work benches. they do have cheaper ones then are shown on the first few pages.

http://www.sears.com/sr/brand/store/...s+%26+Cabinets

I definitely checked out the Craftsman`s very seriously, but it I want something stationery and heavy, I do like the red. And for the Griots, the whole thing weighs close to 1000 lbs! Each drawer they told me is over 400 lbs each and set-up is 9.3 feet wide. and Acc. I definitely have my spot, my house is being built and I have the perfect place too! I can`t wait! So how you like our Ohio snow surprise!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by armoredsaintt

... I definitely have my spot, my house is being built and I have the perfect place too! I can`t wait! So how you like our Ohio snow surprise!!

Heh heh, get it built first, move in, and see what you think then That`s just some unsolicited advice, but I was sorta surprised at how differently I ended up doing things once we`d actually moved in and I`d tried some different things. Of course if you`re building a niche specifically for it, then that would be different....

Heh heh, yeah, this snow is really something! I took the dogs out a while ago and they had a ball in it. Good time to have the 4x4 rent-a-Suburban that the insurance company got for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Lista cabnets are, by them selves, very expensive! They are as good if not better then Snap-On. They are what are used in all major race team (NASCAR, IRL, Grand Am, F1...) trailers and workshops. This does not seem like a bargan price but does seem fair (by Griot`s standards) for what you are getting. BTW I`m about to place my next order w/ Griot`s (not a work bench though, lol)

Post Thanks / Like
    edited:

I just received a quote from a Lista rep here and it`s $2790.21 with compartments and $2436.57 w/o compartments and I can have more color choices too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been looking at Gladiator and it is nearly $1000 for the bench and storage cabinet. There is a similar set up at Lista for nearly the same price--under quick ship. Very cool site.

Post Thanks / Like
    armoredsaintt- Does your edited post mean that the Lista reps came through with some better info or that you reconsidered your previous contact with them?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

armoredsaintt- Does your edited post mean that the Lista reps came through with some better info or that you reconsidered your previous contact with them?

I actually reconsidered with him again, the prices are better than Griots and more options, so I figured if I wanted Lista products I have no choice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Steve1996LT1

I have been looking at Gladiator and it is nearly $1000 for the bench and storage cabinet. There is a similar set up at Lista for nearly the same price--under quick ship. Very cool site.

Steve if you find your local area rep, the prices are less than the quick ship ones and ask for a catalog/price sheet too!

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw some really nice work stations at Sam`s the other day, nice cabinets and work bench, can`t recall the price but it was much less and well built.
    "I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    "I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by armoredsaintt

Steve if you find your local area rep, the prices are less than the quick ship ones and ask for a catalog/price sheet too!

I tried to find the Lista rep and there is only one and he is far away. I may call later on. Thank You for the tip :up If you get this set up I would love to see a pic........Steve

Thread Information