Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the best out there? Griots has it for $30 a gallon and I know that is overpriced from them as usual. Do you think a white satin or eggshell acrylic is best? Looking for good durability from stains and semi-gloss is out of the question.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    full on gloss you get more light and it`s way easier to clean

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by holland_patrick

full on gloss you get more light and it`s way easier to clean

Very true and I have considered that, but I think it might look tacky being so shiny.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sears has a full line-up of durable garage paints.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by armoredsaintt

What is the best out there? Griots has it for $30 a gallon and I know that is overpriced from them as usual. Do you think a white satin or eggshell acrylic is best? Looking for good durability from stains and semi-gloss is out of the question.

Thanks.

I would go with an oil base off white. Why is semi gloss out of the question? That will give you a wall that can clean up much easier that a satin or a flat. Gloss would be to shiny. You can break up the white with some stripes along the top or the bottom. I would use Behrs from Home Depot. It`s a very nice quality paint for a reasonable price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 94BlkStang

I would use Behrs from Home Depot. It`s a very nice quality paint for a reasonable price.

Behr is garbage

I asked my brother who is a painiting contractor. He highly recommends checking out the industrial line from Benjamin Moore.

Click on the "industrial" category at their site http://www.benjaminmoore.com/

Also, check your local Sherwin Williams paint store if you have one near you (http://www2.sherwin-williams.com/about/#) or another local paint store and talk to them about what you want to do.

But definatley check out the Benjamin Moore. My brother does high-end boutique interior work with gallons of B. Moore going for $22 - $25 a gallon. The paint is just superior :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Spilchy on the quality of Behr paints. I used this stuff on the apt. last year and was not overly impressed at all, Sherwin was much better IMO. Worst part was that with the Sherwin the paint smell faded over a few days the rooms painted with Behr persisted in stinking for weeks. One more suggestion could be to use American Tradition, a firend who worked for a paint crew said they used to use this on occasion and it is really a quality for a locally available product.
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like
    The builder is using all Porter Paints on my house, except the garage and I asked him about S-W paints and he said that it was junk because it`s watery, who knows?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Spilchy

Behr is garbage

Well, we all have opinions and Behr has worked out fine for many of my applications.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Behr semi-gloss and had no issues.

I think snow was the color. A not too brignt white, but not yellow tinted. I bought three gallons and still have one left.

I used a lot of primer on the wood.
    1991 NSX Blk/Blk
    2005 Civic Si
    2003 Xterra SC < Sold!
    2006 NBP EXP Honda Element AWD

Post Thanks / Like
    I used a bright white in mine and if you search you can see my garage transformation and how the white looks. it`s not tacky

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MS22

I agree with Spilchy on the quality of Behr paints. I used this stuff on the apt. last year and was not overly impressed at all, Sherwin was much better IMO. Worst part was that with the Sherwin the paint smell faded over a few days the rooms painted with Behr persisted in stinking for weeks. One more suggestion could be to use American Tradition, a firend who worked for a paint crew said they used to use this on occasion and it is really a quality for a locally available product.
    I don`t know why your experiences with Behr were so bad. I used Behr paint on my garage walls during my recent renovation (click here) and it worked great.

My wife matched the grey color to my new Coleman cabinets.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want something easy to clean go with an oil based glossy finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 94BlkStang

Well, we all have opinions and Behr has worked out fine for many of my applications.

Me too - I have found the Behr Premium line to be great for my interior painting. On most lighter colors, two coats and I get a very even uniform finish. A lot depends on the roller cylinders you use. I used the no-name brand from HD and they sucked, left nibs everywhere. I switched to Purdy and they were 10 times better!

I have heard good things about BM too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blackcaraddict

Me too - I have found the Behr Premium line to be great for my interior painting. On most lighter colors, two coats and I get a very even uniform finish. A lot depends on the roller cylinders you use. I used the no-name brand from HD and they sucked, left nibs everywhere. I switched to Purdy and they were 10 times better!

I have heard good things about BM too.
    You know, I think you`ve hit on something. The roller does make the difference. My wife`s cousins used only 1 coat of Behr on my garage walls. The rollers were expensive, high-quality. So were the brushes. The spread was smooth and even.

Charles

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information