Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    You do not get any scuffing or scratching driving in and out of the garage?

Or the tiles on the end chipping off or coming up?
    2002 Audi TT 180

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by thedarksyde

You do not get any scuffing or scratching driving in and out of the garage?

Or the tiles on the end chipping off or coming up?

I haven`t experienced any scuffing or scratching as of yet. Not to say it couldn`t happen.

I used a PVC edge strip at the door...my tiles actually extend out beyond the door to the edge of the slab. I`ve had cracking at the very edge but the adhesive is holding up so while there are some cracks there is no loss of tile.

Peter....in Denver

Post Thanks / Like
    i have had mine down for almost a year and it still looks as good as the day i put it down.

the only problem i had at first was when i first got my vette, the runflat tires left brown spots on the floor that wouldnt come up. at the time i put tiles under each tire, but now i have pilots on it and they dont leave marks at all.

i swiff it once a week to get the dust up and it still shines good from the wet look wax that i put down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by evil_c5

i have had mine down for almost a year and it still looks as good as the day i put it down.

the only problem i had at first was when i first got my vette, the runflat tires left brown spots on the floor that wouldnt come up. at the time i put tiles under each tire, but now i have pilots on it and they dont leave marks at all.

i swiff it once a week to get the dust up and it still shines good from the wet look wax that i put down.

Runflats! That`s what`s leaving the spots? Wow. I have them on my MINI...and I do have the marks you speak of. It`s my presumption that when I srip and re-seal they`ll come off...but you`re saying they won`t?

I wonder what is about the RF`s that cause this?

Peter..in Denver

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Peter Crowl

Runflats! That`s what`s leaving the spots? Wow. I have them on my MINI...and I do have the marks you speak of. It`s my presumption that when I srip and re-seal they`ll come off...but you`re saying they won`t?

I wonder what is about the RF`s that cause this?

Peter..in Denver

when i stripped mine they didnt come off, i even took bleech with a scrub brush to try and get them off and they came off some, but not all the way.

i think its the heat the run flats generate that cause the mark.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, still deciding between tiles or floor paint myself.

PK

Post Thanks / Like
    What about dirt, water, salt and etc. getting between the tiles? Would that be an issue? BTW it looks great!

Post Thanks / Like
    Speaking for my floor...the sealer fills in the small cracks between the tiles. I don`t see any build-up. I hose mine out before I take the string mop to it so most of the snow crud run-off goes out the door before I get to it.

It looks very good even after 3 or 4 sloppy snow episodes.

Having said that, it is a garage floor. You do drive on it so anything can happen. A friend has a very nice epoxy floor. It shows some normal wear as well.

I think you have to decide what look you like best and go for it. I choose tile because my floor is very large...I got a screamin` deal on the tiles...and I prefer the look.

Peter..who will be doing floor maintenance tomorrow..in Denver

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Peter Crowl

Speaking for my floor...the sealer fills in the small cracks between the tiles. I don`t see any build-up. I hose mine out before I take the string mop to it so most of the snow crud run-off goes out the door before I get to it.

It looks very good even after 3 or 4 sloppy snow episodes.

Having said that, it is a garage floor. You do drive on it so anything can happen. A friend has a very nice epoxy floor. It shows some normal wear as well.

I think you have to decide what look you like best and go for it. I choose tile because my floor is very large...I got a screamin` deal on the tiles...and I prefer the look.

Peter..who will be doing floor maintenance tomorrow..in Denver

what he said

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok...you want to know what a nice garage floor looks like in Winter? Here it is ... this is not for the squeamish.

http://autopia.org/gallery/showgalle...=18435&thumb=1

First of all...the before shots are after I vacuumed up as much mung as I could as it fell off the cars....so...the total run-off is far worse... and indeed forms a small lake on the floor at its peak. This is a couple of days later after the snow has subsided.

The after is the result of hosing the floor down, brushing with a push broom, hosing again and then going over with a string mop.

The whole proceedure took about 1/2 hour.

I`ve also included a photo of the brown tire stain that evil_c5 and I were discussing.

Peter...half way clean again...in Denver

Post Thanks / Like
    Just an update from the past weekend. I finished installing the transition strip this weekend along with moving my cabinets back into the garage and installed white peg board behind my counter top.

Hopefully I`ll have the garage door installed and painting on its way by the end of the week. Then electricity gets ran this weekend.

Before:

After:

Post Thanks / Like
    wow it looks great! What about the safety park mats that autopia sell? Would they not be a good idea to stop the tyres marking the floor?

John.

Post Thanks / Like
    i wish these pictures worked. i`m thinking about getting vct. the floor expoxy paint stuff looks like to much work to prep. the tiles look like you get clean the floor, than glue down the tile, tan apply a sealer.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information