pry bars

mechanics gloves

hammers

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys!
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    If you buy craftsmen ,join their club and get 10% off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe some pry bars. Stubby screwdrives. Hand cleaner. Multi meter. Solder gun. I know it was added but I`ll add it again because they are important. Safty glasses. Telescopic megnetic tool. That can save you many headaches. Holders for your wrenches and sockets to keep things neat in your tool box. Tools are no good if you can`t find them. Electrical tape. socket extentions. Shop light.

Thats every thing I can think of right now off of the top of my head.

James

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t forget the 2LB sledge hammer. Often useful to beat things into submission when the other tools at your disposal won`t cut it. Or at the very least it will make you fell beter to pound on that non-yielding part.
    Mike

1986 Guards Red 911 Turbo
    2017 Midnight Blue Cayenne S

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a screwdriver set from Kobalt Professional. They are awesome. Very durable, very comfortable, lifetime guarantee.

I looked at the Snap-On website. :shocked Those prices are insane! $50 for a pair of pliers?...hundreds of dollars for socket sets? You could save money by buying Facom from Griots.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    My family is a Craftsman one, I got a set of tools for christmas (so I would stop using my dads and not putting them back ) that was Craftsman, my dad has a lot of Craftsman stuff, and my grandfather does too, along with my uncle. I do minor work on my cars and around the house, my dad more so around the house, and my grandfather and uncle do general contracting. There is a lot of Craftsman around. If you bust something, either the tool failing or mis-using it, bring it to sears, get a new one, it is awesome.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by SilverLexus

I looked at the Snap-On website. :shocked Those prices are insane! $50 for a pair of pliers?...hundreds of dollars for socket sets? You could save money by buying Facom from Griots.

Well, it`s a pro level product. They drive out to you to replace stuff and deliver stuff.

Perfectionist in Rehab Prometheus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a note on craftsman:

Dont know if its still this way, but it used to be. Craftsman doesn`t (or atleast didnt) actually MAKE any of their tools. Craftsman is just the name Sears put on it, Sears would contract out the making on the Craftsman tools to whoever won the bid, and those manufacturers make the tools to their specs. Sears had some basic specs, but it was mostly up to the manufacturer. So, some of the issues people have had with craftsman tools while other (including myself and my father) have had almost none, is probably due to the fact that over the years they have given the bid to different manufactuers, and hence the differing quality.

Overall, i have some craftsman tools, and my dad has so many i dont think i can count that high (his "toolbox" is about 10 feet long with probably 40-50 drawers of tools) and i have almost never experienced a problem with them. I like them, and thats what i will probably end using my whole life.

That said, dont forget the allen wrenches, torx bits, and hex head wrenches. You`d be surprised how many things on your car and around the house require allen or torx heads.

and the greatest invention of all.... DUCT TAPE!! Seriously, i have it in my tool box, and it has been a godsend many a times. Even if you just need to hold something for a few seconds while you put a screw in or something, tape it, put the screw in, and take the tape back off. More uses than i think anyone will ever know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Flexin

...when a piece of metal starts flying around the room I get pissed. Get the good stuff it is well worth it in the end. OR just get the cheap stuff and use the savings to by more saftey gear for went the cheap stuff breaks.

That`s the point I wanted to make. It`s not about replacing a tool or even getting stuck in the middle of a job. It`s a safety issue. When the Craftsman breaker bar fractured, I could`ve been severely injured (the chip it took out of the concrete floor was really something, and concrete is harder than flesh) and I was working in the shop alone. I know that freak failures can happen with anything from anyone, but for certain tools I`m just not gonna take any chances.

[Insert safety-glasses, etc. lecture here...]

And it`s not like I`m some anti_Craftsman fanatic..I too am still using a lot of the Craftsman stuff my Dad bought right after WWII.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information