Post Thanks / Like
    i put styrofoam on the inside of my garage door, but now i need something to cover it up to make it look nice and finished. anyone have any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine came this way, but it has pieces of sheet metal on the inside of the styrofoam to finish it. You might be kinda of limited as far as what you can add due to weight. Do you have a sectional door? Is it wood or metal?

A unique option might be to use cloth, but have it themes (i.e. flags, T-shirts, etc) to something you enjoy. It would be cheap and light weight and fairly durable.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a sectional door made in aluminum. i tried kitchen shelf paper but it wont stick to the styrofoam and it looked like $hit!

i was thinking maybe the formica from kitchen counters, but i dont know how easy that would be to trim and put in the sections.

Post Thanks / Like
    Might be a possibility. My biggest concern would be weight. If it gets too heavy, your garage door opener won`t be able to open it, or worse, it will collapse in the tracks.

Have you checked with any local garage door shops? I don`t think Lowes or Home Depot would carry them, but you might be able to buy the aluminum liners for the inside of the garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the 1 inch thick very dense foam insulation and it works quite well. Only problem is it is PINK! My solution is to cover it up with the foil bubble wrap insulation they sell at home depot. It is still very light weight and it will look pretty cool with all my aluminum tool boxes etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an Overhead brand door, I purchased an insulation kit from them for 90 bucks a couple years back. It`s basically Styrofoam as you installed with a vinyl cover on one side..

I don`t believe you would want any type of cloth on the door due to condensation issues if you heat your garage as I do.

In the winter I have to wipe the door off to keep it from dripping when I raise it.

Just my 2 cents

I1

Thread Information