Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    Accumulator, is your pressure booster an on-demand thing, or constant? If it`s on-demand, then maybe any anti-drainback valve will blow off water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Aurora40

Did you get the big hose bibb yet? If you need help PM me, It might cost you a beer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, they didn`t get it in yet and aren`t open today. So I guess I`ll be installing it after Christmas.

It was in the 50`s yesterday and 60`s the day before, but it poured yesterday so any washing efforts would have been for nothing. This weekend will be 20`s, so I guess I`m not missing out yet. Thanks for the offer to help. I could mail you an Old Dominion, an excellent local brew. It might arrive frozen, though...

Post Thanks / Like
    You have a PM coming. Frozen--Dude it`s like -4 degrees here, it`s not frozen it just plain broke

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Aurora40

Accumulator, is your pressure booster an on-demand thing, or constant? If it`s on-demand, then maybe any anti-drainback valve will blow off water.

It`s on-demand (I think, I really am hopelessly ignorant about this ), with the pump coming on whenver the pressure drops below a certain point.

Originally posted by OI812

I suspect that you are somehow getting a pressure diffential between the line pressure and the hose. Hard for me to depict without seeing it.. Just because you replace the bibb, you may still have the same problem. Just be aware of that. Hope that helps.

Yeah, it`s sorta a head-scratcher. My other bibbs (the different style ones I have in the "new garage" where I detail) don`t do it and I don`t have any problems with the sillcocks (sp?) mounted through the walls so :nixweiss I`m hopeful that just replacing it with the kind in the garage will solve my problem. If it *doesn`t* fix it, well, at least my plumbing contractor doesn`t charge me for work that doesn`t solve problems and I can live without using a hose in the subbasement if I have to.

Post Thanks / Like
    No plane ticket yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you unscrew the vacuum breaker from the bibb that does it? Might be an easy solution. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably not most of them are a machine thread, not hose thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tried swapping it with another (identical) one, no change. I thought about having a "cheater" (straight pipe) machined with the correct threads but decided to go with the bibb that I like better anyhow. I don`t do much in the subbasement, especially this time of year; it`s primarily storage and lawn equipment. So it`s not a really pressing matter. My plumber has the new bibb, so the next time he`s out this way we`ll see if that solves my problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to bring up an old post but if anyone is looking for a Hot/Cold outdoor faucet I would recommend this company-

1/2X8 HOT/COLD HYDRANT by Arrowhead Brass Prod. and other Washing Machine Valves at Gillroys.com - <PRE>Hot and cold frost-proof wall </PRE>

I liked this model so much I replace all my outdoor faucets with Arrowhead Brass models.

Jeff

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information