Post Thanks / Like
    Okay so I have finally finished half of my garage floor with the rustoleum epoxy floor paint kit. Unfortunately I have to do half at a time because my builder dragged his *** all summer on making repairs to his half *** drywall job (still isn`t right :angry ) and it is too cold now to drag everything outside and do it all at once. So here are a few shots of the progress so far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Picture 2.

Post Thanks / Like
    Picture 3 - please excuse the mess! I can start re-organizing the finished side tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    Last one - a new toy I picked up at Costco tonight. $23.00 - quite a deal IMHO.

That'll buff right out! jimmybuffit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sweet! I assume 24 hours b4 you can walk on it...

How long before you can drive on it?

Jim
    "If it was easy, everybody`d be doing it."
    www.jimmybuffit.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit

Sweet! I assume 24 hours b4 you can walk on it...

How long before you can drive on it?

Jim

Initial cure time is 24 hours and requires 7 days or so for a complete cure. I actually bought a couple of extra kits and did 2 coats of the paint (did one coat last week - waited one week and then did the topcoat) and then did the "flakes" on the second coat. From the tips I saw on the forum from people who had done it in the past I figured the extra coat was worth it for an extra $90 per side and I gotta tell you it looks 10X better in person. Now all I need is my drywall guy to come over and fix my builders crappy job of taping/sanding/painting the walls and ceiling and it will be finished. When he came over to look at it he said "it`s a garage" like it didn`t matter that it wasn`t done right and I just about slapped him. I think most people here understand how big a deal the garage is and how different it is to work in an environment that is set up properly. Hopefully I will have it all done in a couple of weeks and I`ll post pictures when I have all the toolboxes, work benches etc... put back in place.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have no way of testing the durability yet but interms of how it looks - AWESOME. Sooooooo much nicer than just the ugly bare concrete and like I say - once the walls and ceiling are fixed and painted a complimentary colour it will be really nice. I highly recommend it. Now all I need is a car that will actually fit in there (the new Ram is too damn big!).

Post Thanks / Like
    http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...threadid=45889

Here is a thread from when I did my garage, I really like mine but should have added some slip resistant additve available at Home Depot and boght 2 kits to put down 2 layers. Sorry the pics aren`t working in the thread.
    "I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AutoNova

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...threadid=45889

Here is a thread from when I did my garage, I really like mine but should have added some slip resistant additve available at Home Depot and boght 2 kits to put down 2 layers. Sorry the pics aren`t working in the thread.

That thread is why I bought the extra kits. Thanks for the advice. I put the flakes down on the second coat and don`t find my floor to be slippery at all (plus the concrete was not super smooth either).

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great...and I know what you are saying about not being able to fit your car in there.

My Superduty`s front bumper has to be about 2" from the front wall of the garage and the door will JUST close behind it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried to fit mine in there but it would be a pain in the butt having to fold in the mirrors every time i entered and exited the garage. I measured and it would be a matter of inches in mine too if it would fit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice work ShineShop :up . You are starting to make me feel motivated for a garage makeover.

BTW, nice rolling stool.

Post Thanks / Like
    what a wonderful project that you have going there.!! wish that i could say that a project like that is in the offing for me. but alas, poor yorick has a wife with enough clothes to cloth the entire panhandle of texas. so it will be awhile for me. but am really glad that you shared your project. always nice to see someone that is doing something to better himself.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Thread Information