Post Thanks / Like
    I bought this kit form the Home Depot today for $54 and thought I would give it a try. Very easy to use instruction took about 4 hours of work to put down. It is enough for a 2 car garage. I have to wait another day to test the durability and slickness but I will update.

"I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    I put in down about a month ago. Was really anal about cleaning the floor! Really like it so far. Only gripe would be I wish I had used 3 gallons instead of the 2 recommended. Some areas look a little thin, not as glossy. If I did in again I would put down 2 without the flecks then top it with a 3rd and add the flecks then. Other than that it really improved the looks of my garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you 100%. If I could find the flakes I would put down another coat and add them again. It is hard to judge the 1st time, I thought I wouldn`t have enough paint but I had more left over than I thought and couldn`t do anything with it. I almost wonder if you can buy those same items with out the kit? I saw they also have a 2.5 car garage kit but is $100.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the look of the flake in the finish:xyxthumbs

QUESTION

is the floor slippery when wet?

I did a small section in my shop and used "Steel Guard" gray with hardener and corse sand, I don`t slip and slide but it`s a PIA to keep and get clean.
    Beercan

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, that`s the main problem. You start out too thin wondering if you will have enough! I had a bunch of flecks left over, when I can talk the wife into it I am going to put another coat on it. Was even thinking about just a floor epoxy and not the whole kit.

Beercan31 - No, it is not slippery with the flecks, you can feel them sitting on the top of the paint. Not rough but gives just enough grip.

So far they stay stuck even with the weight of my Envoy turning on them. Found out a squeege doesn`t work worth a darn when trying to clean it. Good old mop works great.......

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice Job!

Having a finished garage floor is the mark of success

Seriously...it looks great and I`m sure you`ll be very glad you did it.

I found the hardest part of the flooring job was emptying out the darn garage so I could see the floor!

Peter..in Denver

Post Thanks / Like
    What can you buy that is the same as what comes in the kit but where you don`t have to buy the kit? I bet the flakes you could get at any arts and crafts store. I need to ask the people at Home Depot what the kit contains and see if I can buy it cheaper that way and put downa 2nd coat.

Red89GT,

How long did you let yours dry before putting a car on it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I used this kit on my garage about 2 years ago. I did not use the flakes. My garage is 24.5` x 24.5` and I ended up using 3 gallons.

Autonova,

There were three different times, 12 hours to walk on it, 24 to place items on it and 72 hours to drive on it.

Without the flakes it is very slippery when wet. I just had a feeling that the flakes would wear out or come out quickly and would rather deal with the slickness when wet.

Its held up very well. The shine does not last very long due to vehicles pulling in and out, walking/scuffing but will still make sweeping a breeze and wiping oil spills a piece of cake.

The key to this or any kit is in the prep....sound familiar. I powerwashed, used a concrete cleaner and worked it in good with a hard bristel broom, powerwash, cleaner again, powerwash and powerwash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Edwa

I used this kit on my garage about 2 years ago. I did not use the flakes. My garage is 24.5` x 24.5` and I ended up using 3 gallons.

Autonova,

There were three different times, 12 hours to walk on it, 24 to place items on it and 72 hours to drive on it.

Without the flakes it is very slippery when wet. I just had a feeling that the flakes would wear out or come out quickly and would rather deal with the slickness when wet.

Its held up very well. The shine does not last very long due to vehicles pulling in and out, walking/scuffing but will still make sweeping a breeze and wiping oil spills a piece of cake.

The key to this or any kit is in the prep....sound familiar. I powerwashed, used a concrete cleaner and worked it in good with a hard bristel broom, powerwash, cleaner again, powerwash and powerwash.

Did you buy 2 kits, my kit only came with 1 gallon?

Post Thanks / Like
    Two kits covered my 24.5` x 24.5` with a little left over. For the hell of it....I came back a week after put down one more kit over the entire area. This last gallon spread real easy over the cured first application.

Post Thanks / Like
    AutoNova, I waited a full week before I drove on it. Was tough leaving the cars out but the instructions said a week so I waited that long. Stayed off it for 24 hours, moved stuff back in after 72.

I did use a different paint on the 6 inch stemwalls. It was a concrete "stain" that Lowes carried. Was a little lighter grey. Actually looked like paint but was REAL watery! Soaked into the pits and stuff and really finished off the edges. I also painted the walls white so the garage is really bright. I still need to get some pictures taken......

Post Thanks / Like
    Finished Project, it has now dried about 4-5 days. I think I would have liked to have done the whole garage but now you know. It would have helped if I would have researched this more.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used 2 kits on mine this past August, it was easy to use and looks great! I too waited 7 days before driving on it. Here`s a couple pics....

Crap, not sure why pics wont work....please hold....

ok, try this....

scroll half way down - look for Wing Nutt

Mike C

Post Thanks / Like
    Pics not working

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had this product on my garage floor for about 4 years. It has held up pretty well, but I do now have bare spots where the 4 tires contact the surface. When I get a chance I will clean the floor and go over it again with an additional 2 coats. All in all it`s a good product.

Thread Information