Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    $1 / foot for the tiles is a good deal!

I`ve been living with Azrock for a while now and I really like it.

We`ve had a couple of snow episodes which have given me the opportunity to get good at cleaning the floor.

Even when wet from run-off the floor isn`t slippery as is my friends smooth Armstrong tile floor.

$100 to seal it is fair..you`d spend $40 for sealer alone. All you need to do, though, is wash the floor to remove the temporary sealer that they come with and then spread the final sealer with a lambswool applicator. I bought a heavy string mop (I have a mop bucket) and use that to clean the floor.

It`s been great and I`m very happy with it

Funny thing is...I bought 5 Coleman cabinets from Lowes myself :~) They`re made by O`Sullivan...not super duty but very nice and very adequate for the purpose...BTW...they sell switch and outlet plates in Grey that pretty much match the cabinets..which of course I bought :nixweiss

Can`t wait to see your pics!

Peter

Post Thanks / Like
    Switch and outlet plates in grey! Don`t get my wife started! Heh. She`s already decided to paint the garage walls in the grey colors of the Coleman cabinets. Wherever the wall is unfinished, she`s going to paint the studs light grey and the background dark grey. LOL!

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Last night, my wife`s cousins began cleaning the garage floor. Four years of motor oil from my old car was on it, so they poured Simple Green out of a gallon jug onto the worst parts. They let it sit for half an hour, then took a microfibre broom and brushed like crazy. They didn`t need to do that much effort, because the Simple Green worked to lift the major stains! However, they left the solution on the floor anyway.

Tonight, they`re going to use NOW All Purpose Cleaner by pouring it right over the Simple Green. They`ll follow the same procedure as above, then rinse with hot water.

The wife wants the carpet company to also tile our steps leading from the garage to the house (two steps). Time to break out the wallet again...

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    My garage is starting to look like evil_c5`s! (See several posts up) The Azrock floor has been laid, and it looks G-O-O-D GOOD! My cousins have now begun painting the walls and ceiling. They are half done. It`s gotten COLD in my neck of the woods, so they complained about working in freezing temps. So, last night I went out and bought 4 of these Holmes heaters from Lowe`s (click here) . I was going to buy these DeLonghi heaters (click here) , but a customer told me that the Holmes puts out far more heat than the DeLonghi. He owns one DeL, and 4 Holmes. I also bought 4 power strip surge protectors and a super-heavy-duty extension cord for the freezer. This project is turning into a money pit! Total cost of these items was $266.

I`ve got pics on Yahoo! but I can`t access that site at work (where I`m typing from now). When I get to the home computer (this weekend), I`ll post the link to my photo album on Yahoo! which shows the garage renovation in progress to this point.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Having a nice garage floor just plain changes your outlook on life doesn`t it?

Looking forward to the pics!

Peter..in Denver

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been looking for a good garage floor solution that is cheaper than Race Deck but nicer than epoxy... this seems to be a viable option.

Plus, Tarkett is in Houston - where I live. I wonder what would happen if I drove the truck down there... I at least owe them a phone call to ask where the cheapest place in town would be to by that Azrock.
    Tanguy Perinne
    1997 ProCharged Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by crobinso

My garage is starting to look like evil_c5`s! (See several posts up) The Azrock floor has been laid, and it looks G-O-O-D GOOD! My cousins have now begun painting the walls and ceiling. They are half done. It`s gotten COLD in my neck of the woods, so they complained about working in freezing temps. So, last night I went out and bought 4 of these Holmes heaters from Lowe`s (click here) . I was going to buy these DeLonghi heaters (click here) , but a customer told me that the Holmes puts out far more heat than the DeLonghi. He owns one DeL, and 4 Holmes. I also bought 4 power strip surge protectors and a super-heavy-duty extension cord for the freezer. This project is turning into a money pit! Total cost of these items was $266.

I`ve got pics on Yahoo! but I can`t access that site at work (where I`m typing from now). When I get to the home computer (this weekend), I`ll post the link to my photo album on Yahoo! which shows the garage renovation in progress to this point.

Charles

i need to go get some of those heaters! my garage stays fairly warm. it was 27 degrees outside this morning and the temp in my garage was 50 degrees.

its so nice to have a garage that looks like another room in the house and not a place to keep your lawnmower and camping gear.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by evil_c5

its so nice to have a garage that looks like another room in the house and not a place to keep your lawnmower and camping gear.

I think you`ve really hit it on the head with that. The floor makes the garage part of the house...and since my garage faces front, having it look like a nice - large - room enhances the whole house.

When I was doing the circles my wife made a comment about it being the garage floor not the Foyer...but it`s my foyer isn`t it?

Then a friend came by and exclaimed...Wow--you`ve got cars parked in the Ballroom!

Peter..it`s all good...in Denver

Post Thanks / Like
    :bounce PETER! I`ve got some pictures!

Try this link. It shows my progress through last Friday, December 10, 2004. As I progress, I will add more pics to this same link.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Your color choice looks great!

Your before pics look much like mine...loads of undefinable clutter...

Peter...in Denver

Post Thanks / Like
    crobinso, I was wanting to tile my floor as well, and I have all my vct, I was going to wait till spring because I was afraid the temperature was too cold. What are the temps up by you and are you haveing any problems with the adhesive? If your not haveing any problems I might tackle mine this weekend.

TIA

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by erok01

crobinso, I was wanting to tile my floor as well, and I have all my vct, I was going to wait till spring because I was afraid the temperature was too cold. What are the temps up by you and are you haveing any problems with the adhesive? If your not haveing any problems I might tackle mine this weekend.

TIA

Eric
    Hi Eric,

When the workers applied my adhesive, the temperature was about 45-50 degrees, and a cold rain was falling. This week, our Maryland temperature has dropped to 21 at night! We`re hitting 40 in the daytime. The workers experienced no problems with the adhesive for my job, and the floor has cured very nicely.

Charles

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info Charles, that`s what I wanted to hear. It looks like we might have some more garage floor pics in a couple of days

One more quick question, are you guys using any kind of floor roller when laying these or is it not necesary?

Thanks again for the help.

Eric

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by crobinso

:bounce PETER! I`ve got some pictures!

Try this link. It shows my progress through last Friday, December 10, 2004. As I progress, I will add more pics to this same link.

Charles

looking good!

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by erok01

Thanks for the info Charles, that`s what I wanted to hear. It looks like we might have some more garage floor pics in a couple of days

One more quick question, are you guys using any kind of floor roller when laying these or is it not necesary?

Thanks again for the help.

Eric

Roller use is mandatory...you can rent them.

Peter....in Denver

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information