Post Thanks / Like
    I have a decent size garage (2 car but only 1 can fit cause of all the toys in it) and I would like to give it a bit of a face lift.

I suppose the floor would be a good place to start. What can you guys recomend to put down on the floor. Tiles are too much for me. I hear this epoxy stuff more and more. Where can I get it and what does it involve. Is it smooth or does it have texture? How long does it take to do. Does it last?

any suggestion welcome.
    1994 BMW 325is M-tech

shwartz II black

black leather interior

Post Thanks / Like
    I too am interested in a response. Have been following the thread on garage tile but the same relatively expensive. I`ve thought about applying vinyl tiles since you can get them cheap. Does the adhesive stand up to standing water or will it pop up?

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s one option

http://www.bltllc.com/parking-pad.htm

Sam`s Club use to sell them. I`d guess $300 - $400 to cover a 2 car garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont really wanna spend that kinda money. Its just a floor that my car puts its tires on. lol. and its not an exotic at that.

I was thinking something for around $40-60. something u just paint on.

I will be moving out of this house within the next year or two so I`d rather save that $300 tile`s for the next house
    1994 BMW 325is M-tech

shwartz II black

black leather interior

Post Thanks / Like
    You can`t do much for $40 - $60. I`d suggest a good degreaser (Oil Eater, Simple Green, Castrol Super Clean, etc.), a floor broom (the flat, wide ones like janitors use) and a rental power washer.

If the bug really bites you, the mats or tiles can be transfered to your new house.

I think the least expensive epoxy is U-Coat-It. It`s still $200 - $400. Here`s the link

http://www.ucoatit.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 325iSBimmer

I was thinking something for around $40-60. something u just paint on.

You could always get the craftsman tiles that were just mentioned on this board or racedeck tiles. They are portable and can be taken with you when you move.

Another cheap option is the epoxy coating kits they sell at lowes for like $50. You get what you pay for there. I would not waste your time on this. I have heard enough problems with cheap floors. You still need to do all the prep as with the $300 UCoat-it system.

I would just not worry about it. Do like PAW said and go with the degreaser.

Post Thanks / Like
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm...I didnt realize it was so expensive. Im not one to cheap out on things either. I`d rather do it right the first time. Maybe I`ll just save my hard work and money for the new house. i wouldnt mind spending $300+ on a nice epoxy floor but just not in this house. Who ever buys it wont even know the difference. Maybe I`ll just get some floor paint from CT or something. I just wanna clean up the appearance of the garage. Everything is Drywalled and insulated and painted white but its looking kinda beat up now. scuffs and marks all over the place.

and the previous owner didn`t know how to build a shelf if his life depended on it.

Maybe I`ll take some before pix and see what you guys have for suggestions.
    1994 BMW 325is M-tech

shwartz II black

black leather interior

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used the Rust-O-leum Epoxy floor system on my last two houses and I love it! Impervious to gas and oil...even brake fluid!

Makes the garage look like a finished room and floor spills are a snap to clean up.

Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    Been fixing up my garage over the last 2 weeks. I also used the Rust-O-leum Epoxy. Couldn`t justify the 300.00 and up for the high end stuff. It`s not a showroom, has to store lawn stuff, house stuff etc. We can`t have storage buildings in my neighborhood.

Was totally anal about cleaning the floor, power washed it, cleaned 3 times Simple Green and finally the cleaner that comes with the kit. Used a cheap gray to do the stem walls and a bright white on the walls. It looks SO much better, even the wife has made several good comments. It even "feels" different when you walk in it....... Hope to get some pictures up when I finish the roll in the camera.

Now if I can just get some posters up.....:p

Post Thanks / Like
    I just notice in Sunday`s paper, Pep Boys has Rust-O-leum Epoxy shield garage floor coating kit for $49.98 - $10 mail in rebated.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used all weather outdoor pool carpet... and it is very nice.. I don`t get much oil and such on it so it was a very cost effective move for me and it looks great....

TC
    There Is a Very Fine Line Between "Hobby" And "Mental Illness"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tcfool

I used all weather outdoor pool carpet... and it is very nice.. I don`t get much oil and such on it so it was a very cost effective move for me and it looks great....

TC

What`s the thought for winter? Snow melt...trying to wash the car inside?

I like the idea...I`m not sure about the practicality.

Peter..in Denver

Thread Information