Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Garage Tile

Post Thanks / Like
    gsmith,

Thats a nice looking floor. How well does it clean up? I have wheel dollies to spin my car around in the garage. Is the flooring hard enough for the dollies?

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DavidB

gsmith,

Thats a nice looking floor. How well does it clean up? I have wheel dollies to spin my car around in the garage. Is the flooring hard enough for the dollies?

db

David, the flooring cleans up very well. Actually with just a sponge mop and water. Denise has asked me if I can keep the garage looking so good, why can`t I clean the flooring in the house....

The flooring is a plastic composite and I am not sure if the dollies would mar the surface. I have always used plywood for the floorjack and jackstands. But nothing I have done has hurt the flooring. This is the link to their home page http://www.motormat.com/. I actually ordered the flooring from http://www.madvet.com/ ( Mid America Motorworks ) since they were cheaper.

Post Thanks / Like
    I discovered a few weeks ago that Sears now sells their tiles in three new colors (in addition to platinum/gray). They now offer black, red, and beige as well. I couldn`t resist, so I ordered another eight boxes of tiles in black so I could do a checkerboard pattern with my floor. It looks so much better than just the plain gray color. I`ve got almost 350 square feet covered now, enough for two of our cars. I still don`t have any web space to host pics, but I do have a couple of pics where the floor is visible on my cardomain web page. http://www.cardomain.com/id/neonlights

-Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone tried or even seen in person the Garage Tile from Costco?

MotoFloor® Garage Flooring

Also, those who have done their floors in black and white, is it hard to keep the white part looking good?

Lynn
    Lynn Matthews
    The Car Girl

Post Thanks / Like
    [

Also, those who have done their floors in black and white, is it hard to keep the white part looking good?

Lynn [/B]

Yes, the white flooring is a little hard to keep clean. About once every two months I use a 50/50 solution of Simple Green to bring back the white. Comes back real white again

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do you guys have to drive into the mats at an angle? From the pictures I saw (NY Joe`s all grey mat with the black end pieces), the end pieces are like a little ramp for you to drive up on. You can`t just drive straight into it?

Also about the question of the small seams inbetween the tile pieces and how dirt could get it. Doesn`t that also mean oil and grease and whateverelse could inbetween them too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MikeWinLDS

Why do you guys have to drive into the mats at an angle? From the pictures I saw (NY Joe`s all grey mat with the black end pieces), the end pieces are like a little ramp for you to drive up on. You can`t just drive straight into it?

I always drive straight in, no problem at all. The pic was just for showing the flooring with the toy on it to send to my dad:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I`m not understanding what they mean when they are talking about driving in and backing out and how they have to cut out or whatnot.

Post Thanks / Like
    The way my drive way is situated to my garage I have to cut the wheel and pull into the garage, therefore whie I`m pulling into the garage I`m bringing my front wheels back to straight. Also the reverse when I`m pulling out, I Have to cut my front wheels completely to tunr out of the garage.

I was concerned about the front wheels grabbing the tile and possibly moving the whole floor or sperating the tiles.

Post Thanks / Like
    will any of these tiles hold up to welding in the garage?

Post Thanks / Like
    I sometimes park three or four cars in my garage/shop, and I have to pull several of them in at an angle because whoever designed the building though it would be a good idea to put a single 16` wide garage door on a 32` x 34` building (at least it is almost centered). It ideally would have three 9` wide doors in the front, or even an 18` wide door would even be better. When we redo the exterior of the shop in a few years, I`ll probably change the door out too and make entry and exit a little more user friendly.

-Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intercooled

The way my drive way is situated to my garage I have to cut the wheel and pull into the garage, therefore whie I`m pulling into the garage I`m bringing my front wheels back to straight. Also the reverse when I`m pulling out, I Have to cut my front wheels completely to tunr out of the garage.

I was concerned about the front wheels grabbing the tile and possibly moving the whole floor or sperating the tiles.

This may seem obvious but can you back in? Then you can do the majority of your front wheel turning off the tiles. That`s what I do because my garage opens onto a narrow alley.
    2002 MB CLK55Cab | 2007 ML63

Garage:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information