Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Garage Tile

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks great! I have to wonder how it would have looked if it went all the way to the other wall? O well, The part that is done looks great!
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Redcar GUY

Looks great! I have to wonder how it would have looked if it went all the way to the other wall? O well, The part that is done looks great!

Thanks.

Hopefully I can paint the walls this weekend and move stuff to the shed. I dont know how well it cleans up or if it stains. If it cleans up easy i may go to the wall with it and just hope the dog doesn`t ruin it.

Post Thanks / Like
    NY_Joe

Looks good! Real good!

What did you use to cut the tiles with? If you didn`t have the dog, I think I would run it wall to wall. Then I`d just use end pieces at the door.

I`d leave a strip of concrete for the dog. Maybe you can litter box train her?

We don`t have that problem with ours but she`s a Siberan Husky. :up She loves to sleep in the snow. :nixweiss Though with our last 3` snow she was happy with have to put her butt in the snow to do her business. So, I did pack down a spot for her.

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed that the corners on the black trim dont meet. Do they make a little corner piece or quarter round to fill that void?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intercooled

I noticed that the corners on the black trim dont meet. Do they make a little corner piece or quarter round to fill that void?

Yeah, they make them. Iordered them but they are on backorder. I haven`t received them yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PAW

What did you use to cut the tiles with?

I just used a utility knife to cut out around the steps. Otherwise, no cutting needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    NY Joe,

Have you driven on the new tiles yet?

Just wondering how that went, hear any crunching sounds? Does it feel real stable? Do they move or mark if you cut the wheel on them?

The way my garage is situated I would have cut the wheel when exiting and entering. Wondering how they would hold up to that?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intercooled

NY Joe,

Have you driven on the new tiles yet?

Just wondering how that went, hear any crunching sounds? Does it feel real stable? Do they move or mark if you cut the wheel on them?

The way my garage is situated I would have cut the wheel when exiting and entering. Wondering how they would hold up to that?

When I first pulled in it made sounds. I guess what ever wasn`t fully "snapped" together when i put together, was pushed together.

Ever since then it was fine when I drive on it.

As for moving, it doesnt budge. I put it all together and wanted to adjust it like a 1/2 inch. Tried push ands pulling, doesn`t budge.

I have to cut the wheel also pullingin and out. I pull in and cut all the way to the right so I have a lot foroom onthe left. When i pull out I have to shift the car around to get out w/o pinstriping the whole side of the car.

In a word, it is SOLID.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still haven`t gotten pics of my tiled floor yet, but I did get another three boxes of tiles last week when they were on sale. I now have an 18` x 10` section of my garage floor done, unfortunately that is less than 20% of the total square footage.

I am able to move my 180 square foot section of tiles around to position them, but the more tiles I add, the harder it becomes. Picking the section up at each end and pushing hard on them seems to help minimize gaps too.

I too have to turn the wheel on the car when entering and exiting the garage, and even with super sticky tires on my car (Falken Azenis), the tiles are just fine. I`ll probably keep adding a box or two of tiles now and then to increase the area they cover in my garage over the next year or two.

-Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    NY_Joe and NeonLights, Thank you both for all the information. You`ve answered all the questions that I might have had about this stuff (as well as those of all the others who`ve posted). I`m gonna get the Sears tiles. Thanks again.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rnbradford

NY_Joe and NeonLights, Thank you both for all the information. You`ve answered all the questions that I might have had about this stuff (as well as those of all the others who`ve posted). I`m gonna get the Sears tiles. Thanks again.

Richard

Glad i could help and be the test mule. LOL!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the pictures! It looks great.

I have a modest suggestion that I just implemented in my garage. Paint the walls white but paint a dark blue color up about 4 feet from the floor. This will disguise door marks and general use but look fabulous.

I will post some pics of my garage in a couple of months when I have made more progress on my own floor.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the trophy garage at my home, the vct works quite well, and very easy to maintain.

Post Thanks / Like
    89 Rag, can you share a little more details on the brand and type of tile?

Post Thanks / Like
    I went ahead and used the MotorMat flooring. 3 hour install. The flooring has been down about 6 months with no problems. Ran about 2.25 sq ft.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information