Post Thanks / Like
    Well, thought I`d share some pics. Been wanting to get the garage done, and finally got around to it. Amazing what a fresh coat of paint and some Epoxy on the floor can do.

I sent around 4 hours preping the floor. Only did 1/2 since I didn`t want to have to move the tools and such out side, so I just put everything to the side.

Oversized 2 car garage....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (34.5 KB, 467 views)

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, in the above pic as you can see I added a 6" stripe around the edge just to add some color. Plus, there`s white and blue specs in the epoxy.....

I`ll post some pics of the entire garage once it`s completly done...next weekend hopefully. I`m doing this now since the Cobra is at the shop getting a forged motor and more boost. Aiming for 575RWHP.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (73.4 KB, 458 views)

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you tell me how you prepped the floor and where you bought the epoxy, I was trying to get this done on my floor. How much does it cost?
    "I think my blood is a Carnauba Prototype"

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I just hope it all holds up well.

I got everything from Home Depot. I went with the Rustoleum Epoxy....about $52 a gallon (covered 1/2 the garage). It says it`s good for 250 sq. feet.

To prep, I used Behr`s degreaser. You can delute it with water and then start scrubing the floor. I had some bad spots, so I just we the floor down and poured it on full concentrate and spread it around. I used a broom. After scrubing I let it sit for another 5-10 minutes....then rinsed the garage out. Repeated a second time. Mad a BIG difference.

I then used Behr`s acid etching (wear gloves, long pants, shirt with long sleeves, etc...). Same thing, you can mix with water, I just did concentrate. This stuff fizzes when it hits the concrete. Don`t splash it around with water. I made sure the floor was really wet first, then using the broom again, spread it around and really worked on the oil stain spots. This step opens up the pours in the cement. After washing it out of the garage (make sure it doesn`t hit the grass and delute the heck out of it) I used a squeegee to get all the water out.

I let the garage air out for two days using a fan and keeping it open. Then I just followed the directions on the epoxy (which is the easy part).

All in all I think the garage floor will cost me $160 with supplies and all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 99SVTCobra

...I then used Behr`s acid etching (wear gloves, long pants, shirt with long sleeves, etc...).
    Anyone doing this should also wear a mask. When I etched my garage, I got a shock when the fizzing started (it`s loud!) and the vapor started coming up at me. One breath of the toxic fumes was my signal to exit the garage very quickly to get my industrial mask!

Ken Silver

--------------

1999 Mercedes SLK, 1999 Suzuki Grand Vitara, 1993 Mercedes SL500, 1991 Daimler (Vanden Plas). Finish detailing, then start all over again...

Post Thanks / Like
    True...I forgot to add that point. Same thing happened to me....not a good thing without a mask.

Thread Information