Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a house last fall (and am still remodeling), and plan to build an outdoor detailing station until I can build my "dream detailing garage" in a couple of years. This seems to be a good alternative to building a garage if space or funds are tight, but of course you can`t do winter details. I thought I`d post my ideas here and see if anyone else could make some suggestions...

I already have a tiny one-car attached garage, and it has a concrete pad on the back of it. I`m planning on extending the concrete for another 10-15 feet and putting another garage door in the back of my garage so I can just drive through. Here are a couple of pics of the back of my house:

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/dneece/www/house23.jpg

https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/dneece/www/house25.jpg

On the concrete pad I plan on either build a carport or buy an aluminum carport similar to this;

http://www.kingscliffe.com/carport.jpg

The main purpose of the carport is to keep the sun off my truck while detailing, but it will also give some protection from light rain. I will install some lights and power outlets, but I`m wondering if anyone has ideas for anything else that would go in a "detailing station"? Maybe run some water to it for convenience?

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks like it will do. Just be wary of neighbor`s who will not appreciate the lights. Also, stake your claim on the concrete pad. The wife or kids might want it too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave check out my pix in the thread " plastic garage" I have seen these used as adders to drive through garages. I have 3 winters on it now and no sign of deterioration.
    PMS Adjuster

This he is a she

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies. I plan to put the lights up under the awning, so they probably wouldn`t bother anyone. I saw some of the tarp-type covers in the "plastic garage" thread, but I`m looking for something a little more permanent.

Post Thanks / Like
    it probly wount cost that much more to build a real garage back there a few hundered in lumber a few cases of beer and a few freinds and wala new garage

Thread Information