View Poll Results: How big is your garage??

Voters
111. You may not vote on this poll
  • I don't have a garage

14 12.61%
  • One car garage but it's so small I couldn't even detail in there

15 13.51%
  • Two car garage

47 42.34%
  • Three car garage

25 22.52%
  • Four car garage

3 2.70%
  • Five car garage

2 1.80%
  • Six car garage

3 2.70%
  • Seven or more car garage!!!!

2 1.80%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    How big is your garage?? I have a two car garage which can fit two mid size cars. While we`re at it, how about telling what kind of lights you use, the size of the lights, the voltage of the lights and how you think about them since I`m shopping for new lights.
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    I call mine a big 2 car, you can fit 3 cars in it, but it is tight! I use florescent lights…$14 per fixture at home cheapo. I have 15 of them in a 26X26 garage...

Also a pic of all 3 in....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My garage is 24` deep by 36` wide , the last 12` of it are seperated from the main area and diveded in two for my office and storage room. I`m redoing my lighting this summer too , in the main garage 24`x24` I`m putting up 4 Metal Halide units , 12 4`-4 bulb flourcents and two 8` track of halogens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blueprints and plans are underway to build our house with a 6 car garage capacity. Because the 4 car garage section will have an 11 foot ceiling, there is a potential for 10 car storage with 4 lifts.

Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    The garage I use now. It is a mess but making some progress at the moment.

Post Thanks / Like
    I see you guys have some pretty nice garages. I`ll post some pics of my gloomy, dirty and messy garage tomorrow
    2004 black Acura MDX

My Gallery

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same size garage as everyone else on this board:

Size= NOT BIG ENOUGH!!
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    i have an oversized two car garage, i share w/ my pops 80 camaro. am i the only one that puts thier car into the garage in reverse :nixweiss :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    British garages are cr@p!Yes you can drive your car in but you had better be a slim yoga expert if you want to get out without dinging your door,and dont even think about detailing!

Next time I am going to build a house myself and make sure the garage is spot on,I quite fancy a garage simlar to an old english barn,hopefully (cash and wife permittimg) about 3 cars.
    1959 model Mini,Speedwell Blue.

1971 Mk1 Ford Capri,Red.

1990 Peogeot 1.9 205 GTI,Red.

2001 Ford Focus Ghia Diesel,Metallic Phantom Black.Arrrrrrgggghhh!

its naturally curly...... 6cyl's_of_fury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is parking for about 330+ cars. Pity it services the 5 apartment buildings in the complex! Back at home we had a four car garage that was roomy.

But one bonus of the carpark is a great 2 ( oversized ) bay wash areas with great lighting, power points and a water outlet. Not bad at all....
    Detail your car, do it. No seriously, do it.

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mr Concours

British garages are cr@p!Yes you can drive your car in but you had better be a slim yoga expert if you want to get out without dinging your door,and dont even think about detailing!

Not always true Mr Concours! Mine`s wide enough to fully open the driver`s door of my 205 and work comfortably both sides. There`s enough room at the back of the garage for 3 cabinets, some shelving I just put in and the workbench planned for the summer. With all this in I still have a workspace about 10` x 4` in front of the car.

Need to get the electrics in there and paint the floor & ceiling as it`s more dusty than I`d like but I have some old terry cloth bedsheets over the car.

Currently using a single 240v halogen worklight - plan to install either permanent halogen lighting or buy further portable worklights once electricity is plumbed in.

Guess I`m just lucky!
    Peugeot 205 GTi 1.6

Renault Laguna dCi120 Expression

Ford Ka3

Post Thanks / Like
    My main garage that is attached to the house is 32`wide x 26`deep. I have 10` ceilings and a full upstairs accesible only from the garage. I designed it so that I have six feet on both sides of the car when you open the doors. I only put in two 9x7 doors. The other garage which is detached is 38`wide x 24`deep. I built it as a pole barn. I hope to have the floor in it this year. Both garages have their own 60amp panels as well as a dedicated 220v line, telephone and cable. I`ll post pictures of both in the spring which I hope will be soon. Once the floor is poured in the new garage my 73 Grand Am will go over there. The new garage has two 9x7 doors. The main part of the garage is 28x26. The other part is a 10x14 shed and in front of that is a 10x10 covered patio/entry way into the side mandoor. I cant wait for a floor so I can move out all the lawn equipment and snowblower, etc. into the shed. When I was building the second garage my wives freind thought it was a shame that someone was building a house so close to us, she replied, "That`s Jim`s garage."

Post Thanks / Like
    My new garage is 24` deep by 32` wide. Only has a double (18`X8`) door for cars, but another door for entry. Leaves about a 10-12` area for a shop/work area on the side.

I`ll post pics later......the garage is scheduled to be finished Thursday!

Post Thanks / Like
    You don`t have one for me! I have a one car garage but it is big enough to detail in.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have enough room to QEW my car next to my neighbors car in my carport. I`ve decided there is too much dust to do anything else there. Luckily my work is very flexible so I can pull my car in the shop on weekends to detail it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information