Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread is really a continuation of the plans for our new house as introduced here:

New garage soon

The builder and architect just sent us the blueprints based on my own design for a home with an integrated 6 car garage. Amazingly they didn`t really modify my amatuer plans very much

I originally used a consumer-level software called Punch Professional Home Design to create a floor plan and 3D image.

Here are the builders blueprints:

Obviously there`s going to be a lot of "detail" work to be done, but I`m thrilled about the project. I`ll try to post the progress of the house (more like a garage with a house attached) as it reaches reality.

Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn

I`m 18 years old, and I`m not sure what I want to do in life yet. But after seeing your other post, with your SEVEN cars, I`m thinking maybe I want to be an ophthalmologist...
    2001 Laser Red Mustang GT

Malta.....and studying in Cheltenham in the UK
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks amazin dean, be sure to keep us updated wit loads of pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well it looks good but one thing sticks out to me...

2 car garage 765 SQ FT

4 car garage 1073 SQ FT

Seems odd.. I would think that the 4 car would be atleast 1200 SQ FT??
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies, fellas.

The 4 car garage is 45`10" by 23`4". Large enough for storing 4 cars, since the average 2 car garage is about 21-22` deep. I`m not planning on servicing the cars here, so keeping the size down is necessary to stay under budget and residential size constraints.

I don`t own any SUV`s, so I think that the length is OK. The 2 car garage is 35` wide and 22`4" deep. The extra width will be used for a workspace, cabinets, etc.

Other news:

After discussing floor painting with the concrete subcontractor, I decided that epoxy paint is not the way to go. Even with professional preparation, most epoxy finishes are destined to fail due to ground moisture issues.

I`m going with full thickness concrete staining, with possible acid etching and satin finish clear coat.

Stain Crete garage floors

The ceiling in the 4 car garage will be 11` high, so that I can fit my "dream lift" from www.revolutionlifts.com

And so, that`s where I am now. Details as the house/garage unfolds...

Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    If the dryer vents into the garage from the laundry room get used to lint getting all over your cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    You`re correct. Venting the dryer into the garage is actually a new building code violation in North Carolina.

The laundry room and garage dryers will be vented outside through the roof.

Dean

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would make the 2 -car atleast 24` deep that allows anything up to an Excurison to park with room to move around it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dean

Thanks for the relies, fellas.

The 4 car garage is 45`10" by 23`4". Large enough for storing 4 cars, since the average 2 car garage is about 21-22` deep. I`m not planning on servicing the cars here, so keeping the size down is necessary to stay under budget and residential size constraints.

I don`t own any SUV`s, so I think that the length is OK. The 2 car garage is 35` wide and 22`4" deep. The extra width will be used for a workspace, cabinets, etc.

Sounds like you have been doing a lot a thinking, My 2* car garage is 26X26 so that 35 wide is going to be verrrrry nice. You could prob squeeze 3 wide in there, I do it with 26ft wide.. I seems no matter if it is 2 cars or 8, we will always want more

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    This may sound crazy, but now that I am looking at the plans, is there any way to make the 4 car have 4 doors on that long side insted of parking them in behind each other? I am just thinking outloud

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    This may sound crazy, but now that I am looking at the plans, is there any way to make the 4 car have 4 doors on that long side insted of parking them in behind each other? I am just thinking outloud

RG,

That`s a good idea, but the lot is only about 125 ft wide. Currently the house is about 100 ft wide. A side facing garage would probably mean that the driveway would interfere with the neighbors property.

D

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the garage I hope in a few years when I move up from a town house I can build a garage like that. Right now I am lucky I can fit my truck in my "2 stall" garage now, I think it has to be the worlds smallest 2 stall garage but I make the best of it.
    2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

Post Thanks / Like
    Update:

The contract with the builder has been signed, and the construction loan was approved last week.

Today, the underbrush around the lot was cleared.

New garage (with attached house) coming soon!

Malta.....and studying in Cheltenham in the UK
    Post Thanks / Like
    take as many progress pics as possible and show em to us....its gonna be amazing

Post Thanks / Like
    I love those tandem garages. I just had my builder insulate the garage walls with R-13 insulation and had them install the isulated garage doors. I know it will help durring the cold weather season. I plan to get a natural gas heater installed in the future so I had the builder also put a vent and natural gas nipple in as well. Oh yeah I did`nt see any utility sinks in the garage in your house plan, but you probobly thought of all that already.... Anyways Good Luck, I Love Your Plan!

Page 1 of 18 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread Information