Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the one I use. I got it at radio shack but Ive seen it at sears also. I believe its around $8-10.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have a Longacre tire gauge/inflater. Works very good and it accurate to the .5 lbs.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the same Accutire gauge as BlueLibby and it works fine. Always spot on with the pressure monitoring system in my car but I have THIS on my list.

LL

Post Thanks / Like
    I just picked up a Craftsman digital tire guage. Its got a lighted screen, LED flashlight on it, and just plain rocks. I`m glad I bought it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Back in the 80`s when I worked at a full service gas station (remember those!) we used Milton tire gauges, they were good, now I have a snap on dial type with hose I inherited (really) and el cheapos pencil type from wallyworld in every car, they work better than not haveing one in the car.
    1999 Trans Am Firehawk #157 LS1 Roadster

"Weekend Warrior just keeping my cars clean"

Club Flex Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I use an Intercomp dial gauge on the street and track. Repeatable and durable. :2thumbs:

Lenny

"Still plays with cars."
    `10 Mercedes GL550/`04 BMW 545/`98 Mercedes ML320/`99 BMW 323/`87 VW GTI (race)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLibby04
    Here is the one I use. I got it at radio shack but Ive seen it at sears also. I believe its around $8-10.

Bingo - exactly what I was talking about! I love this one :up

Post Thanks / Like
    This is an old thread, but I wanted to add another positive comment for the Moroso gauge. I like dial-type gauges with bleed valves, and the Moroso has a larger dial and better fit onto the valve stem than others I`ve tried. It is a little pricey when compared to cheap gauges, but it is well-built, accurate and easy to use. If you get one, get the rubber cover, too.

Read some of the reviews on Amazon: Amazon.com: Moroso 89560 Tire Pressure Gauge, Dial Type, 0-60 psi: Automotive

Post Thanks / Like
    My digital AccuTire gauge died (not just its batteries, it *died*) and at that point I didn`t know which of my many gauges to believe as they all gave different readings :think:

A few days later I was training at Tony Scotti`s Vehicle Dynamics Institute where they were using AccuTire (analog) gauges; our class had five gauges that gave identical readings. After discussing it with the staff I thought "good enough for me" and ordered a pair of them. These two disagreed not only with each other (slightly) but also with *all* of my other gauges! Nonplussed, I sent `em back with a letter and promptly got two replacements. Said replacements were individually calibrated and came with their test sheets and an explanatory letter from AccuTire, and I`m very happy with them.

FWIW, *none* of my other gauges gives the same readings as these two, which makes me think that truly accurate gauges might be less common that I`d expected. (The tire monitoring systems on my vehicles have never had sufficient accuracy to use as a baseline.)

Post Thanks / Like
    The best tire gauge is the AmazonBasics Programmable Digital Tire Gauge

Purchased 3 of these digital tire gauges after going online looking at reviews and thought this one would be the best for my usage. Glad I chose this model. It is easy to use and also has a nice carrying case. The price was good enough for me to give the other two as gifts. I give it a thumbs up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meh, I hate digital gauges. The batteries die then corrode the insides. I really like the Gorrilla TG1 from amazon. Simple, accurate and it will live for decades.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Dan, I prefer analog gauges (for almost anything, IMO humans are analog creatures), but I`m curious-

Quote Originally Posted by brandankiely
    The best tire gauge is the AmazonBasics Programmable Digital Tire Gauge

What makes it "best" in your opinion and what` "programmable" about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    À la recherche d’une voiture d’occasion? Des d’annonces vous attendent sur Québec Auto Source: la référence des annonces d’autos usagées Ã` vendre.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information