Post Thanks / Like
    New member, but been a browser for awhile. Finally took the plunge a week ago and began a long awaited work space that is detached from existing house, already equipped with two car garage. Basically the goal is to eventually/soon, create a shop/garage space that incorporates a detached area for family to enjoy hanging out when I am working on my 2000 Miata, the truck or other home projects. Beginning the electrical work now, using ideas from here and other resources, (ceiling outlets, switch locations, compressor supply, ect., plus will have the typical TV, computer, frig, ect. stuff)...(teenagers on board).

My question involves ventless heating. Anyone have any experience with these non-electric propane/natural gas heaters advertised as 99.9 % efficient?

The machine shed itself will remain heated by natural light from a "clear `solar` south wall" of filon siding, but the designated shop area will be a separate room. The idea is to create a comfortable, well organized, and pleasant area to work in, even for the kids to hang out if they want to just be in a room away from the main house to do homework, visit friends, ect....and then, of course, a place to work in when surrounded by winter.

Opinions? Suggestions? Hope I can insert a picture here to illustrate. The room is 15`x16` and the rest is 15`x24`...a beginning. By the way, this is really a great forum!

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Just another day in Paradise..."

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the time to consult a Heating/HVAC contractor/rep. Invite them out to view the site and make recs and help determine your needs,options,code reqs and budget.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, probably going to consult with my propane supplier, who will no doubt smile seeing this project. But since I`m only using 1/4th of the shed for this area...the actual shop/room might do well with electric heat. With the clear `solar` panels, the entire shed, uninsulated, on a sunny day reaches 60 degrees even when outside temps are below 20degrees. The enclosed room is the another matter.

Thanks...(btw: here in this rural world, codes are primarily homeowner controlled)
    "Just another day in Paradise..."

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice start! Spec Miata?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a wall-mounted ventless radiant gas heater in my standard two-car garage. It heats that space very well and can warm it up very quickly. It was installed by my local utility company. I generally keep the garage at about 55 degrees in the winter, but can easily get it up to 75 degrees if I need to. You may want to see if your local utility company markets these like mine does.

Post Thanks / Like
    The radiant gas heaters are nice. They warm up an area very quickly.
    Autoeng

Thread Information