Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all,

I am in the market for a 3 to 31/2 ton floor jack and 3 to 31/2 ton jack stands. I have been looking at Craftsman as I am a member of the Craftsman club and get a 10% discount. I am trying to stay under $200 for the floor jack and 4 jack stands.

Anyone familiar with the different Craftsman floor jack models? It needs to be at least 3 ton. I would prefer a low profile but, that is not a requirement. I also need one that has different pads available for lifting in different parts of the car.

If you know of any other companies that make a good quality floor jack at a reasonable price I am open to suggestions there as well. Just trying to get the best quality I can for around $200.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    3.5 ton, $123 http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00950145000

6 ton jack stands $33 x2= $66 http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00950150000

I would get 6 ton stands, they usually have a much wider base for more stability as well as a greater extended height.
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Before buying from Sears, check this site for added information regarding Jacks.

http://www.vorshlag.com/tech_jacks1.asp

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by LouisanaJeeper

3.5 ton, $123 http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00950145000

6 ton jack stands $33 x2= $66 http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00950150000

I would get 6 ton stands, they usually have a much wider base for more stability as well as a greater extended height.

Great minds think alike I guess Those were just what I was looking at. The only problem I can see is that Craftsman doesn`t seem to offer rubber pads for the saddle.

Post Thanks / Like
    :wavey

Check out Harbour Freight`s site. They have an aluminum racing jack on sale for $150.00 and jack stands for $15.00/pair. Just bought them last weekend, and they seem a great deal for the buck.

:xyxthumbs
    Ken

`01 Honda S2000, `04 Mazda 6

The need for speed!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    If your a member of Sams Club, you might want to check them out. I purchased a Michelin (the tire company) 3 1/2 ton jack, and it`s been great. It`s not light (90 pounds) but it has a jack pad already on it, and works just as well as jacks twice the price. I think I paid $70 for it. Might have been $60 even, I don`t remember exactaly. I`ve used it on my Town Car and Explorer, works fine for both. Even lifts up to 22 inches, so it works well for SUV`s and trucks.
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Noticed at Sears that their 3-1/2 ton jack with 3-1/2 ton jackstands were $169.00. Your 10% discount should come off of that. Don`t believe it was on sale or anything. FWIW, I believe that jackstands are rated per pair.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

If your a member of Sams Club, you might want to check them out. I purchased a Michelin (the tire company) 3 1/2 ton jack, and it`s been great. It`s not light (90 pounds) but it has a jack pad already on it, and works just as well as jacks twice the price. I think I paid $70 for it. Might have been $60 even, I don`t remember exactaly. I`ve used it on my Town Car and Explorer, works fine for both. Even lifts up to 22 inches, so it works well for SUV`s and trucks.

I`m with him there. I have one and it works great!! I use it on my Explorer and my parents cars. For $60, it`s an excellent deal!

Post Thanks / Like
    PATHFNDR, thanks again. I ordered one of the HarborFreight specials..well have to check it out. It looks very decent.

tom
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Be carefull with those aluminum floor jacks. In my research on floor jacks I have come across SEVERAL stories of the saddle breaking. Sorry but, for me I want good old fashion heavy STEEL. The only advantage I can see to the aluminum floor jacks is that they would be much easier to haul to the race track for mounting slicks. For me, I like overkill

Thanks for the input everyone, looks like I am going to be getting a Craftsman. I primarily am buying the floor jack and jack stands to put new springs, shocks and struts on the Mustang but, will also use them for rotating the tires and other mods as the time comes.

Craftsman 3 1/2 ton Floor Jack and Jack Stands

Craftsman 6 ton Jack Stands

Thanks again!

Thread Information