Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok so my house/garage is for sale and I`ve picked out my new lot to build the next house on. I have already designed the floor plan for the house/garage, now I need to get the perfect setup. I`ve learned from my mistakes I made in my last build so this time I want to get it perfect. The garage is going to be 30` deep by 25` wide and 9` ceilings. Now I want to hear what all the autopains would have in their "ultimate garage", no holds bar. Money is not that much of a hinderance so let the dreams fly. Thanks for all the input guys & gals.

Post Thanks / Like
    :bounce Put a drain in there because if your winters are anything like ours its 4 months of snow.

And that is one thing I would love to have , a place to wash and detail during the winter months.

Cable too, don`t forget cable

Post Thanks / Like
    Not my setup, but I was at a local detailer`s shop. He had lights galore and even built lightboxes to highlight both sides of the doors. The lightboxes themselves were close to the complete length of a car.....50 Gallon Water Deionizer + this huge a$$ compressor.

Are you considering getting a scissor lift ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Scissor lift? Bah. get a full size post lift!
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am planining for a flush mount scissor lift, I plan on mounting it in the middle of the garage so I can have a car on the lift and still have complete walk around access even with the doors open. The compressor is going to be mounted in the utilty closet and then hard line connections in several locations. There will also be cable hook up and phone/fax line. Some type of in wall stereo , heat and A/C. I`d like to have the floor drain but I have to check with the township on that one. I`m still working on the lighting system but so far I plan to have atleast four banks of flourescents and two banks of postionable halogens. I hope to have the blue prints done next week , I`ll post them then. Any ideas on storage layout? I`m having some custom cabinets made so I can create pretty much anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not a professional detailer, but I`m really following this thread closely. Within the next 12 months, I`m building a custom home. Based on my amateur attempts at computer home design, my wife is calling it a garage with a house attached to it!

I currently own 7 cars, and my idea of heaven would be the ability to garage all 7 cars. After countless hours at looking at home design magazines, I came up with this preliminary design.

From the outside, it will look like a 4 car garage. Inside, the "jumbo" garage will fit 4 cars (24` x 42`) and the "regular" garage will fit 2 cars ( 23` x 28`).

The jumbo garage will also have a 4 post lift from www.rotarylift.com. This will provide a extra storage/parking and easy maintenance and underbody detailing.

This megagarage dream is slowly coming true, and a great incentive to work harder!

I look forward to any suggestions on making the design better.

Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Brad B.

Ugh yea..............

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by detailbarn

... Now I want to hear what all the autopains would have in their "ultimate garage", no holds bar. Money is not that much of a hinderance so let the dreams fly. Thanks for all the input guys & gals.

heh...you should consult with ultgar...

Post Thanks / Like
    Floor drain. Hot and cold running water. A deep sink for cleaning grungy stuff. LOTS of cabinets and storage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm......

wet bar, ice cold beer, cigars... and thats all for after you are done detailing.

while you are detailing

wall mounted dispensor that adds the correct dilution for you.

you can connect up to 4-5 different containers.

above head pull down electrical cords, power anywhere you need

it without tripping over it.

mirrors, lots of mirros on the wall.

dont forget to alarm it all!

Post Thanks / Like
    Laundry Sink w/hot and cold water

TONS of lighting

hot and cold water faucets (like the ones you hook a hose up to)

Lots of Electrical outlets (like every 6ft at least), includind 210V ones for a welder!!

Also run some Cat5e cable for internet just to be safe, even if you have wireless internet

Oh, and another thing that I like on my garage, the concrete guy had the entire garage slope out to the garage door area so it drains really nice. He also did like a ledge or curb or something around the walls so there is like 6" of concrete before you reach the bottom edge of the wall
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dean

I`m not a professional detailer, but I`m really following this thread closely. Within the next 12 months, I`m building a custom home. Based on my amateur attempts at computer home design, my wife is calling it a garage with a house attached to it!

I currently own 7 cars, and my idea of heaven would be the ability to garage all 7 cars. After countless hours at looking at home design magazines, I came up with this preliminary design.

From the outside, it will look like a 4 car garage. Inside, the "jumbo" garage will fit 4 cars (24` x 42`) and the "regular" garage will fit 2 cars ( 23` x 28`).

The jumbo garage will also have a 4 post lift from www.rotarylift.com. This will provide a extra storage/parking and easy maintenance and underbody detailing.

This megagarage dream is slowly coming true, and a great incentive to work harder!

I look forward to any suggestions on making the design better.

Dean

You own 7 cars ??? Seven heaven man!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    7 cars, but my current home has only 1900 sq feet and a 2 car garage. Yes, my priorities are screwy.

Currently, I have 3 cars garaged in a local "self-storage" facility near my home. It`s not the same as having them close to the heart!

Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG this is my first post here, though I`ve been a member for quite a few months.

I had to reply to this one. 7 cars, and I see two of them are amazing. Get the eff out of here man! Quit making me feel like a poor man.

So do you keep those two at the storage facility?! How could you man, I`d keep them as close as possible. What cars you keep at your crib?
    "...it is important never to forget where u all came from - becoz black, white, brown or pakistani we all come from de same place - de punani." -ali g

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information