Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Post Thanks / Like
    Look, I checked out that "ultimate garage book" at Barnes and it ain`t that great. It just looked to plasticky,( like Zaino)commercialized. Those garages looked like that had a fulltime maid! Not reality!

No pics of the owners themsleves. $40 for that book. No thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Update:

The house plans have now been finalized. I`ve chosen a custom home builder and the lot has been purchased. Now all I need to do is saved enough $$$ for the downpayment! I hope interest rates stay low.

Hopefully my "mega-garage with a house attached" will pass the local architectural committee in the golf course community I`m in.

Please refer to my epoxy floor post about updates on my garage floor dilemma.

Thanks to all for their advice.

Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s in the little rooms behind the 4 car garage? Is there a passage way from the 2 car into the 4 car? A passage way or door into the 4 car from the house? Just curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Might want to label one of those garages as "Fitness/ Gym Room" on the plans to help sneek those plans through. I think they might complain about having 4! garage doors visible from the street.
    Black Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    PAW,

The 2 rooms in the back of the 4 car garage will be a storage/workshop area and a home office room. I wanted a separate area to keep bikes, lawn mowers, shovels, etc. Hopefully it`ll keep the car section less cluttered.

LouisanaJeeper,

I think you`re right. I`ll label the 4 car garage as a "oversized" activity room. There`s even another local golf course community that bans any garage door that faces the street. All the garages in that neighborhood must have a side entry.

Luckily, no such rule on my street. It took a long time to figure out the least intrusive way of having 4 garage doors. At least they`re not lined up like a self-storage place.

Dean

Post Thanks / Like
    Really some excellent ideas in this thread.
    2000 Mustang V6/5-Speed
    2002 PT Cruiser Limited

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like all the garage idea`s in this thread.

And oh yeah, Dean is my idol.
    2001 Laser Red Mustang GT

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m suprised no one has mentioned this yet, I think an air filtration system is pretty important in a dream garage.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bet993

Detailbarn,

2. Floor slop/angle. With the scissor lift this may not be such a problem but I have realized that the slop of the floor towards the one center drain causes some problems with putting a car on jack stands. The car must be precise position, otherwise when I get the car onto four jack stands one corner does not rest on one stand completely (this one stand must be a notch higher than the rest). Two floor drains would probably solve the problem also.

Depending on how mechanically inclined you are you might want to have at least one surface that is level in both direction in order to do alignments

Also get one of those large air filters so you dont have dust landing on your freshly detailed cars...might need to filters for each side of the garage

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information