Post Thanks / Like
    My DIY garage floor is great except for three spots where I obviously didn`t prepare the surface enough. Unfortunately these are under my tires when my cars stop and it`s looking messy.

Repainting the areas hasn`t helped, and because I want to buy another place in the next year or two, I don`t want to spend any more money getting a pro job which is about US$800-1,000.

What creative ideas can I use to improve the appearance? Ways that might look permanent instead of a fix?

I had thought of carpet squares used in a `line` along the track of the car wheels. Then again, my Jaguar is so long that I have to park it slightly askew in order to fit it in. I don`t want a crooked path.

Don`t like the idea - or cost - of garage mats, since they would take up much of the garage floor area anyway, and from other comments on this forum are not that useful.

Look forward to any ideas from the experts here. And yes, I have done a search for other solutions here, but there`s no real answer for me.

Ken Silver

--------------

1993 Mercedes SL500, 1991 Daimler (Vanden Plas), 1991 Miata MX5 ... Finish detailing them, then start all over again...

Post Thanks / Like
    Better Life Technology sells a heavy duty garage mat that covers the complete floor which may be an option for you.

I covered my garage floor with their mats about a year a go and i`m very satisfied with their product and the look. My garage floor has burs and pits in the cement and I didn`t want to go through the expense of fixing and refinishing. but I wanted a neat-and clean look of a painted floor. This was a good balance between cost and finish.

The material is a heavy thick vinyl that can take a beating and you never have to worry about hot tire pickup. If you want a nice glossy floor finish you can put a layer of vinyl floor wax. I`ll post pics if your interested.

http://www.bltllc.com/default.htm

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    jimc,

Looks a great product, but the cost and shipping to my country makes it a real expensive alternative.

Back to the drawing board!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    rightlane

Post Thanks / Like
    rightlane,

What I meant with the wayward thumbs up was: thanks, good info!

Post Thanks / Like
    I went with racedeck.com . Cost $1200 for a two car garage. Looks like a car show.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think many of us would like to know the colors you have; and - new, used?

Thread Information