Thread: Garage Flooring

Post Thanks / Like
    I was originally thinking about the 2 part epoxy process for my garage floor. I have read with interest some of the difficulties some have encountered with the DIY process. I also read with interest the racedeck and motormat products.

One question I have for those who have either of the tile products, does anyone have a motorcycle and if you do, have you encountered any problems, primarily slipage, with a two wheeled vehicle or kickstand? I have one and wonder if these tile systems would be a problem.

Thanks for your comments.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going to use the paint - then to eliminate the slipage, put some sand in the paint. It will give the tires and anything else something to grip. I did it that way at our last house and it worked well. The only problem was that the paint did not last over a year.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only think I don`t like about the traction sand is that it provides too much grip making it annoying to slide around under the car when working. It wears much faster as well.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree, the sand seems to cause some wear issues. It also catches on anything you might slide across the fllor such as boxes and such.

My carports paint didnt fair to well this winter now i guess ill have to deal with it...

Professional Detailer detailbarn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    For all those looking into flooring options take a look at www.ucoatit.com , it is excellent epoxy it doesn`t have any of the problems that typical garage floor coatings have. I have it on my floor and it has stood up to two years of hard abuse and now I`m in the process of grinding it off the fix the concrete and change the color. Even grinding it , isn`t really hurting it with 80 sanding disc it`s taking a lot to get it off , so I`m having a professional concrete ginder come in with diamond tips to take the paint and a layer of concrete off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Pay to have it done professionally, you won`t regret it. Do it yourself stuff doesn`t last, stains, and will peel unless you spend so much time prepping the floor, you wish you would of paid. My floor is a 2 part epoxy, polyurethane.

Thread Information