Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Any MaxJax Users Out There?

Researching lifts to buy in the future. For the amount I will use it, the MaxJax seems to be the way to go.

Storable, no funky electrical hook ups required, 4" lift, and allows full access under the car.

Anyone have one of these or similar? What`s your take?

Had to post this.... Ouch.

Likes Stokdgs, rlmccarty2000, trashmanssd liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Any MaxJax Users Out There?

I`m actually really interested in this, I have to clean out my garage first in order to get these to fit in there though. My garage is extremely small. I looked at a whole bunch of reviews and his definitely looks like a winner!

Post Thanks / Like

It looks pretty good. You can unbolt it from the floor easily and store it. Works with regular 8` ceilings. Seems like a quality piece.

Cost is around $2100.

Installation is DIY, you just have to rent a hammer drill and drill holes in your concrete. It says no real special concrete is needed.

Post Thanks / Like

My neighbor has a back yard buddy for his 2 vettes pretty nice set up.

Post Thanks / Like

Probably very nice lift but if I`m spending that much I`d go the extra mile and buy a permanent set up assuming space was available. If I were building a home and wanted a lift I would build to accomodate a full height permanent lift. Under the later circumstance I`d feel like I sold myself short doing anything less. I used to turn wrenches what can I say? I can`t see mysef doing an oil change on my knees when I could be standing. I know my desires certainly don`t align with many peoples needs. I believe there is a market for such a lift on an existing structure with limited space but hey why not dream?
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes XxBoostinxX liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Probably very nice but if I`m spending that much I`d go the extra mile and buy a permanent set up assuming space was available. If I were building a home and wanted a lift I would build to accomodate a full height permanent lift.
    That`s exactly what I did
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    Probably very nice but if I`m spending that much I`d go the extra mile and buy a permanent set up assuming space was available. If I were building a home and wanted a lift I would build to accomodate a full height permanent lift. Under the later circumstance I`d feel like I sold myself short doing anything less. I used to turn wrenches what can I say? I can`t see mysef doing an oil change on my knees when I could be standing. I know my desires certainly don`t align with many peoples needs. I believe there is a market for such a lift on an existing structure with limited space but hey why not dream?
    I have a friend that has one, and I have to say I rather have a permanent one as well. The only plus for the one Swanicyouth posted is it`s portable. So for someone that doesn`t have the space for a full lift you can take it out in the driveway if need be.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

I picked one up from Costco when on sale around xmas. Very useful i check the balance of the car before lifting fully and have a tall set if jack stands for safety.
    Likes Swanicyouth liked this post
    Thanks Swanicyouth thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Scares the heck out of me not having a cross bar over the top to help with the strength. Just anchors into the concrete would make me very very nervous. I was thinking of getting these QuickJack- Portable Car Lift- EZ Portable Car Lift - Ranger Products (picture below) but they also make me nervous about side to side stability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post
    Scares the heck out of me not having a cross bar over the top to help with the strength. Just anchors into the concrete would make me very very nervous. I was thinking of getting these QuickJack- Portable Car Lift- EZ Portable Car Lift - Ranger Products (picture below) but they also make me nervous about side to side stability.

Even though this lift looks great, I love the stress crack in the concrete at the front leg of it.
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanssd View Post

Someone on here has one. I can`t remember who at the moment, but maybe he will chime in on what he thinks about the stability. I am curious as well.
    2006 Saleen S281 Supercharged - Black

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Even though this lift looks great, I love the stress crack in the concrete at the front leg of it.
    This looks very handy.....need to investigate more
    www.facebook.com/houseofwaxdetailing
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Any MaxJax Users Out There?

I spent 8 years daily under various lifts and I`m convinced any quality lift properly installed is safer than crawling on the ground under jack stands.

I`m thinking the portable lift might be better for me, as I`d likely go months without using it. And, I think having posts always up in the garage would get in the way.

The drive over mid rise non scissor type (above) looks interesting as well.

MaxJax seems to have a reputation of quality.

Lol. If you all would have seen some of crazy stuff we used to do with lifts when I worked at the Ford dealer - you`d think I had a screw loose.

We used primarily air lifts and used to disable the safety lock and the lever spring on the handle so the lift would go up and down with one yank.

Since all the safety locks were broke, disabled , or caked with oil dry - the air lifts would bleed down unless you set the rise lever to a constant "up". So, wedging a can of Brake Kleen behind the lever would solve that problem.

We used to overweigh car lifts with vehicles like FSDs and limos, and use screw jacks to force them up when the lift couldn`t lift the weight.

The lifts were the "X" frame type. So, the lift itself was often in the way pulling exhausts and transmissions. So, we used to do all kinds of crazy things with screw jacks to lift the car off the lift.

Dunno what I was thinking, but I was like 19 & it was monkey see monkey do.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s not that bad having a permanent lift installed. I always park with no problems with the posts. I`ve been living this way for seven years.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I have one and use it all the time. I`ve had it for around 4yrs. Well made and no problems with it. Would buy another one if i had to.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Swanicyouth liked this post
    Thanks Swanicyouth thanked for this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information