Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Garage Wall Paint

I recommend SW Duration Exterior. Two coats.

It`s self priming and long lasting.

Use a 3/4" nap roller. You`ll be applying up to 6.4 mils wet. That`s about 250 sf per gallon.

http://www.sherwin-williams.com/docu.../035777132647/

Follow application instructions for best performance.
    Likes Ecrissman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I used Olympic exterior semi gloss from Lowes. Mine is 10.5 years old now still looks great. I wipe the walls down about twice a year with APC.Here`s one photo of how it started life and how it looks now. I have 2 new rolls of rubber mat that will be installed in the spring.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Jeep Compass Bright Silver Freedom Drive II
    2014 VW Tiguan SE White Gold

Fighting everyday against the loss of gloss
    Likes silver2kws6 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you go with SW and can wait they have 30% off sales a few times a year. If you have drywall use a drywall primer, if you have concrete block get a block filler and then go with a high gloss enamel. Tell them what you are doing and they will tell what you need. If you are going over old paint use your da with sand paper to get rid of all those little nubs and other imperfections, it doesn`t take that long and you won`the be starring at them every time you walk in the garage.

Post Thanks / Like

Alright gents, I need some quick final thoughts. Today is the last day of a Sherwin Williams 40% off paint sale, so I`m going tonight to pick up several gallons of paint (haven`t decided on wall colors yet, so I`m going to leave the paint un-tinted for now). I`m pretty well set on using their exterior SuperPaint which comes in Flat, Satin, Gloss, and High Gloss. I`m in the process now of going over the walls with Kilz primer.

The ceiling is going to be white and I`m trying to decided between Flat and Satin. Flat would look the best, but my concern is during the warmer months if I`m working in the garage in the evening I get a ton of gnats, mosquitos, etc....swarming the lights and they always seem to then kinda stick to the ceiling. This also then attracts a few spiders here and there. I`d like to be able to blow/sweep them off the ceiling and I`m worried that if I go a traditional flat ceiling paint they`ll stick or mark up the ceiling if I try to clean it up.

Walls will be either Satin or Gloss. I`d much prefer Satin, but the concern is not being able to wipe the walls down good enough or staining them if something splatters. I don`t have a drain in the garage, so I don`t do heavy spraying or anything.

Final thoughts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information