Post Thanks / Like
    I`m looking for suggestions on what sort of a system to use for hooks on one wall in the garage. I don`t know whether I should just buy individual hooks and mount them or use some sort of a track system. I like the idea of some flexibility like being able to move the hooks around but fear that buying into a particular system will limit my choice on hooks/holders. Browsing Lowes recently, I found that each rail system had a choice of about 6 attachments or at least that was all that Lowes kept in stock.

I have a 2 car garage that is fairly tight side to side with 2 single-car garage doors. The front and right walls are already filled up: doors, shelves, laundry, toolbox and a workbench. The shelves and workbench on the right wall prevent parking a car on that side so I pull in the left door and usually angle the car a bit. The left wall is where I want to install hooks to handle relatively flat items (brooms, shovels, brushes, rakes, etc.) Currently, there are 2x4`s mounted about 5` high with nails sticking out to hold things. Just above this is the bottom of L-brackets that support a shelf at around 6 1/2` to 7` High. I think I would like to keep the shelves but I am open to suggestions. I would like to use hooks that don`t protrude more than about 4". I already tend to knock a brush off that sticks out.

Anyone have a suggestion about what I should use? If I do go with a rail or panel system for attaching hooks is there one system that has been around longer (more likely to be around in the future if you need additional attachments)? Are the attachments fairly universal between systems?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the Rubbermaid FastTrack system, and love it. I`ve had it for 2 years. Sure, the hooks may seem pricey, but you don`t have to buy them all at once. I also only have a tight 2-car garage. I have a 1 short, and 1 long rail.
    - `10 Ford Focus SES: commuter car

- `09 Chrysler Aspen Hemi

Post Thanks / Like
    You may want to look at the Gladiator system made by Whirlpool (http://www.gladiatorgarageworks.com/) You can buy this stuff at Sears (look for at least 20% off), Lowes (cheaper everyday prices for the little stuff), direct (looks like 15% off until Sept 30) as well as Amazon.

It`s a great system. I have their 8ft work bench, two 30" cabinets, a large gearbox, and a variety of hooks that hold all my brooms, shovels, electrical cords and even my snow blower!

The great thing is that these pieces appear to evolve slowly so you can add in pieces as your budget allows.

Thread Information