Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Collection

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    ... I find it extremely stupid... jerk off... ...clown... dog $hit ... ridiculous collection... idiots ...have a hard on ... jerk offs ... jerk offs ... jerk offs... guys I play games with ...

Gee man, do you have any idea of how you`re coming across?!? I hope you don`t act this way IRL...you`d be the kind of guy everybody dreads running into at family gatherings :nervous:

Post Thanks / Like
    They are collectables. Detailing products are not. There is no comparison. I can`t even begin to understand what would excite some one about collecting wax or tire dressing. If I told you I collected dog $hit from all the different breeds of dogs would you find that strange? Some things just are not meant for collecting.

You know what, detailing cars is a total waste of time. Take it through the tunnel wash once a month. Unless you own an exotic car, the time you spend cleaning it will be worth a lot less than the hit you take at time of sale for not having perfect paint. While you are at it, forget the car and just take the bus or ride a bike, its cheaper and far better for the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    Gee man, do you have any idea of how you`re coming across?!? I hope you don`t act this way IRL...you`d be the kind of guy everybody dreads running into at family gatherings :nervous:

I know exactly how I`m coming off. I meant every word. In fact I was being pretty mild compared to how I actually feel.

I actually tone it down on line. IRL I am much more blunt to your face. The reason for that is I am not keyboard tough guy. I don`t hide behind the keyboard.

The people that dread running into me are the phony clowns that wouldn`t know how to be real if their lives depended on it. If they avoid me I have accomplished what I wanted. I guarantee you I don`t lose a seconds sleep over it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    You know what, detailing cars is a total waste of time. Take it through the tunnel wash once a month. Unless you own an exotic car, the time you spend cleaning it will be worth a lot less than the hit you take at time of sale for not having perfect paint. While you are at it, forget the car and just take the bus or ride a bike, its cheaper and far better for the world.

I don`t see how that comment has anything to do with what I am saying about product collecting.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to own a nice car and keep it that way. I just can`t even begin to understand what could possibly excite you about chemicals. They are just tools. I feel satisfied if they work well and do what I need them to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know exactly how I`m coming off. I meant every word. In fact I was being pretty mild compared to how I actually feel.

I actually tone it down on line. IRL I am much more blunt to your face. The reason for that is I am not keyboard tough guy. I don`t hide behind the keyboard.

The people that dread running into me are the phony clowns that wouldn`t know how to be real if their lives dependent on it. If they avoid me I have accomplished what I wanted. I guarantee you I don`t lose a seconds sleep over it.

OK, whatever spins your crank. But that`s one unpleasant worldview, and a rude demeanor, that you`re sharing with us.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t see how that comment has anything to do with what I am saying about product collecting.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to own a nice car and keep it that way. I just can`t even begin to understand what could possibly excite you about chemicals. They are just tools. I feel satisfied if they work well and do what I need them to do.

Its something a person likes and takes pride in. Your car is just a tool too. Many people feel satisfied if they just get to wherever they wanted to get to and don`t obsess over a pile of metal. Your view is so myopic. Let people enjoy doing things that brings them enjoyment, everyone doesn`t have to (or want to) be just like you.

Post Thanks / Like
    The people I was referring to are into detailing and thats why I refer to them as idiots. These people are the the kind of people that would have a collection like the one picture in this thread or have a hard on thinking about owning it. They would layer 10 different LSP and think they are making a difference. These jerk offs are the guys I play games with. Games like applying IW to my hood and telling them one side has Zaino and the other side has something else and they tell me they can pick the Zaino side out no problem. Meanwhile Zaino isn`t even on the car. They are jerk offs.

I don`t know what to tell you. If you can`t see that collecting wax is silly than maybe you should tell me what motivates you or somebody else to collet these products. What do you get out of it?

The products to me are a means to an end. The end being a very well detailed car. I don`t want to kiss them, caress them, smell them, put them on display like trophies, or anything like that.
    So the people are into detailing, so ? That doesn`t mean that they know everything about detailing, or the techniques involved. Perhaps they`re just trying to learn more about the subject ? Also, if you hate them that much, then why do you deal with them ? I assume they`re not your friends, so why would you even converse with them if you`re so angry towards them ?

I don`t find collecting anything is silly. Collecting wax (to me) is the same as collecting postal stamps, or wine, or model cars, or comic books. You can find any of all of those silly if you like, but I don`t see why there needs to be aggression against someone who enjoys such things. Are they hurting anyone ? Are they trying to tell you that they know more than you do ? Are they insulting you somehow ?

I can appreciate that you have an opinion, but I just don`t see why the hostility is needed against someone who has done nothing towards you.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Unreal. I haven`t been on this site since the glitches earlier this year and when I come back, what do I find? Anthony A being unpleasant and holier-than-thou again. I feel bad for the OP that you had to bring his post about something he is proud of down with your ridiculous "anti-product collecting" rants. Looking through your previous posts, it appears you have nothing positive to add to this forum in the least. Nearly every post of yours ends up the same way, with you bashing someone for having more than one of the same type of product. I have several different wheel cleaners, what a fool I must be. Half a dozen car wash soaps. Man, am I jacka**. EVERYONE knows that every car is identical in regards to paintwork, why would you ever need more than one polish?

Anthony, if all you have to do with your time is tell everyone on this site how much better and smarter than them you are, I feel sad for you. If you were to live by the old adage "If you don`t have anything nice to say, don`t say anything at all," people would probably mistake you for a mute.

To everyone else, I had a previous run-in with this guy a while back and it ended the same way. Don`t bother spinning your wheels trying to reason with him, he`s right and we`re all wrong.

To Anthony, don`t bother quoting this or replying or pm`ing. I have no time for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WAS
    So the people are into detailing, so ? That doesn`t mean that they know everything about detailing, or the techniques involved. Perhaps they`re just trying to learn more about the subject ? Also, if you hate them that much, then why do you deal with them ? I assume they`re not your friends, so why would you even converse with them if you`re so angry towards them ?

I don`t find collecting anything is silly. Collecting wax (to me) is the same as collecting postal stamps, or wine, or model cars, or comic books. You can find any of all of those silly if you like, but I don`t see why there needs to be aggression against someone who enjoys such things. Are they hurting anyone ? Are they trying to tell you that they know more than you do ? Are they insulting you somehow ?

I can appreciate that you have an opinion, but I just don`t see why the hostility is needed against someone who has done nothing towards you.

Actually some of those people are my friends. They are just full of $hit and I tell them so. We are in to detailing but they are far too product obsessed and it annoys me. I have been detailing a long time and tried so many products I can`t count them all. Learned the product was just a small part of the end result. The end result is what mattered to me, the product was just a tool to get there. For many the products are the main thing. I think they own a car just for an excuse to buy supplies. It`s ridiculous.

If products "spin your crank" you have a problem. Go ahead and respond telling me you could say that about anything that a person collects and to each his own blah blah blah. Next thing you will be collecting toe nail clippings, potato peels, or insect repellent.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenap
    Unreal. I haven`t been on this site since the glitches earlier this year and when I come back, what do I find? Anthony A being an unpleasant, holier-than-thou D-B*g again. I feel bad for the OP that you had to bring his post about something he is proud of down with your ridiculous "anti-product collecting" rants. Looking through your previous posts, it appears you have nothing positive to add to this forum in the least. Nearly every post of yours ends up the same way, with you bashing someone for having more than one of the same type of product. I have several different wheel cleaners, what a fool I must be. Half a dozen car wash soaps. Man, am I jacka**. EVERYONE knows that every car is identical in regards to paintwork, why would you ever need more than one polish?

Anthony, if all you have to do with your time is tell everyone on this site how much better and smarter than them you are, I feel sad for you. If you were to live by the old adage "If you don`t have anything nice to say, don`t say anything at all," people would probably mistake you for a mute.

To everyone else, I had a previous run-in with this clown a while back and it ended the same way. Don`t bother spinning your wheels trying to reason with him, he`s right and we`re all wrong.

To Anthony, don`t bother quoting this or replying or pm`ing. I have no time for you.

I have not attacked anyone in this thread. There was no personal attack on anyone from me. You just attacked me. You called me a clown and a D-B*g. Look in the mirror.

Don`t flatter yourself. I wouldn`t PM you and never have so why would you tell me not to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually some of those people are my friends. They are just full of $hit and I tell them so. We are in to detailing but they are far too product obsessed and it annoys me. I have been detailing a long time and tried so many products I can`t count them all. Learned the product was just a small part of the end result. The end result is what mattered to me, the product was just a tool to get there. For many the products are the main thing. I think they own a car just for an excuse to buy supplies. It`s ridiculous.

If products "spin your crank" you have a problem. Go ahead and respond telling me you could say that about anything that a person collects and to each his own blah blah blah. Next thing you will be collecting toe nail clippings, potato peels, or insect repellent.
    So wait a minute here, you call your friends clowns and jerk-offs ? And these people are still friends with you ? And you still want to be friends with them, even though you think so negatively about them ? Am I missing something here ? Generally you don`t treat your friends this way...

Collecting toe nail clippings and potato peels isn`t sanitary, so no, I won`t be doing that exactly. But if someone chooses to collect something, who are you or me to judge ? I like collecting old cell phones actually, I have an old analog brick phone dated back to the late 1980s. Do they serve a purpose ? Not really. Does it make my current phone any better ? Nope. It`s just a collection.

I just fail to see why you flame the OP. He never stated that you NEED to have all the products he does in order to detail properly. He never stated that by having all those products, he can detail better than you. Had he said something along those lines, I could understand the ensuing argument about product vs technique. He did nothing to you to deserve to be flamed. I`ve also noticed in previous threads that you seem to like jumping on people. Has the forum done you some wrong ? If you get so irritated visiting and posting here, why do you continue to come back ?
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not attacked anyone in this thread. There was no personal attack on anyone from me. You just attacked me. You called me a clown and a D-B*g. Look in the mirror.

Don`t flatter yourself. I wouldn`t PM you and never have so why would you tell me not to.

You`re right, I attacked you personally. You`re a button-pusher who got the better of me for a split second. I apologize for the name calling and I`ve edited my post to reflect that. Everything else stands.

Post Thanks / Like
    In all this silliness, I almost forgot. Chost, that is an impressive collection. Nice work! :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WAS
    So wait a minute here, you call your friends clowns and jerk-offs ? And these people are still friends with you ? And you still want to be friends with them, even though you think so negatively about them ? Am I missing something here ? Generally you don`t treat your friends this way...

You don`t have friends that have something that annoys you about them? Friends that do some things you think are stupid or bizarre? You can dislike some things about your friends and still be friends with them. When I said they were idiots and jerkoffs I meant they can be with certain things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenap
    In all this silliness, I almost forgot. Chost, that is an impressive collection. Nice work! :wavey

So building a collection of detailing products is work now?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information