Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Collection

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator
    It can be surprising how seemingly similar products can be right/wrong for certain applications. I`ve hadcases where five or six "same-category" products all behaved completely differently, and I was sure glad I had those "redundant choices" (scare-quotes intentional) on the shelf. Could I get by with fewer options? Sure, but I`d be compromising in some regard. If somebody else needs fewer/more choices than I do, or simply *likes* that, well.. OK.

:thx:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gigondaz
    Fantastic comment.

Is this person interested in detailing products, or car detailing itself?

Or is he retailing detailing products?

Those stuff are too nicely arranged, looks too new and appears to be for exhibition/display, rather than being rigorously used on a regular basis...

I dunno...first off, I don`t care what aspect of this stuff somebody`s into, as long as they`re happy.

I see this site as being a place for people who are into detailing. Any aspect of detailing. If somebody want to *literally* collect detailing products (or old polishers, which I consider pretty cool), then I sure don`t want them to feel out of place here at Autopia.

And I wouldn`t jump to conclusions about somebody`s skills, let alone assume that they aren`t a good detailer just because they keep their stuff neat and tidy. I know plenty of experts in numerous fields whose tools-of-the-trade look literally brand-new even after decades of use.

My shop might not be operating-room clean, but it`s sure as clean as most people`s kitchens; kept the dealership building the same way when I had that. I mean...if something, *anything*, I have gets dirty, I clean it. When I use a tool, I clean it after the job is done and put it away in its place. Yeah, every time.

Sorry if I`m coming across as :argue or :nono but I don`t see why people get slammed for their version of being into detailing. It`s like saying a gun collector who never goes to the range isn`t a "gun guy"; I don`t see it that way. Not that we have to agree on such stuff, but I`d hate for somebody to fell unwelcome here because of the way they approach this stuff. It`s all about making cars look nice and clean, why criticize somebody who keeps his car *stuff* nice and clean?

Post Thanks / Like

awesome !

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gav`spurplez View Post

awesome !

Ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like
    So Chost10 is organized... most excellent detailers are.

Would you take your car to a detailer who`s shop looked like a cyclone just went through it?

Would you take your car to be serviced at a shop that was filthy and dimly lit?

:hm I sense a wee bit of jealousy in the air....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGonz

Would you take your car to a detailer who`s shop looked like a cyclone just went through it?

Hmmm, I sense alot of jealousy. That collection looks clean!!
    REEL Addict ! John

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DaGonz

Jealous of what? Not having an absolutely ridiculous COLLECTION? I don`t collect products I use them. They are tools not collectibles. That collection is just absurd. It`s not necessary and indicates to me a focus on products over process. As for how clean and well organized it is well I have no problem with that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    Jealous of what? Not having an absolutely ridiculous COLLECTION? I don`t collect products I use them. They are tools not collectibles. That collection is just absurd. It`s not necessary and indicates to me a focus on products over process. As for how clean and well organized it is well I have no problem with that.

If he enjoys the collection and it doesn`t interfere with his everday life, then i think its great. You should see some wine or gun collections I have seen..... wow.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky
    If he enjoys the collection and it doesn`t interfere with his everday life, then i think its great. You should see some wine or gun collections I have seen..... wow.....
    +1, I don`t see anything wrong with the OP`s collection, or why anyone would have an issue with it. Seems strange to get mad at someone for their collection of "x". It would be like me saying "you have EIGHT cars ? And TWO of them are Bentleys ? What`s the point in that ? You obviously seem to enjoy looking at your cars more than you do actually driving them". Sounds kind of silly, no ?
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WAS
    +1, I don`t see anything wrong with the OP`s collection, or why anyone would have an issue with it. Seems strange to get mad at someone for their collection of "x". It would be like me saying "you have EIGHT cars ? And TWO of them are Bentleys ? What`s the point in that ? You obviously seem to enjoy looking at your cars more than you do actually driving them". Sounds kind of silly, no ?

I`m not "mad" about it. I find it extremely stupid. This site has just turned into a product collecting site. Way too much emphasis on products not enough on the actual detailing.

Whenever I get compliments on my car the first thing the jerk off asks me is what did I use. I know right away the person is a clown. If he/she knew what they were talking about they would know it wasn`t what I used that makes my car look good but how I used it that matters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by yakky

They are collectables. Detailing products are not. There is no comparison. I can`t even begin to understand what would excite some one about collecting wax or tire dressing. If I told you I collected dog $hit from all the different breeds of dogs would you find that strange? Some things just are not meant for collecting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, envy at its finest.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not "mad" about it. I find it extremely stupid. This site has just turned into a product collecting site. Way too much emphasis on products not enough on the actual detailing.

Whenever I get compliments on my car the first thing the jerk off asks me is what did I use. I know right away the person is a clown. If he/she knew what they were talking about they would know it wasn`t what I used that makes my car look good but how I used it that matters.
    So every thread (including my own) in the Pro Before & After section isn`t a thread on detailing itself, but more just a product promotion and discussion ? And asking what products you use does not make someone a clown. It simply means they probably don`t know much about detailing, and are curious what you used. It would be like someone saying "hey I got a sweet deal on a vacation, flights for 2 to London for $149 return !". You`d probably ask "where`d you find THAT deal ????". Say the person you`re talking to is a travel agent, and they think you`re an idiot for asking that question. Does that make any sense ?

Here, let me ask you a question. In order to take full advantage of QoS, should I deploy a VLAN based solution, or simply setup separate hardware ? ...... You don`t know ? Jeez, you can imagine what I think of you right now

They are collectables. Detailing products are not. There is no comparison. I can`t even begin to understand what would excite some one about collecting wax or tire dressing. If I told you I collected dog $hit from all the different breeds of dogs would you find that strange? Some things just are not meant for collecting.
    Touching dog $hit is strange whether you`re collecting it or not. Why do you say that wine is a collectable, yet a premium wax is not ? Both are consumable products. Both, if stored properly, will last a very long time. Both, to someone who doesn`t care for the particular product, can be considered useless. I fail to see your argument on why it`s "stupid" to collect detailing supplies.
    ... Because your vehicle deserves it too

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffdogg06
    Ah, envy at its finest.
    How can I possibly be envious of something that I can have anytime I choose to have it? People get envious of what they can`t have. I can have a huge collection of products anytime I want. I have been down sizing the amount of products I have for the last several years. I`m most definitely not envious of that ridiculous collection.

Post Thanks / Like
    So every thread (including my own) in the Pro Before & After section isn`t a thread on detailing itself, but more just a product promotion and discussion ? And asking what products you use does not make someone a clown. It simply means they probably don`t know much about detailing, and are curious what you used. It would be like someone saying "hey I got a sweet deal on a vacation, flights for 2 to London for $149 return !". You`d probably ask "where`d you find THAT deal ????". Say the person you`re talking to is a travel agent, and they think you`re an idiot for asking that question. Does that make any sense ?

Here, let me ask you a question. In order to take full advantage of QoS, should I deploy a VLAN based solution, or simply setup separate hardware ? ...... You don`t know ? Jeez, you can imagine what I think of you right now

The people I was referring to are into detailing and thats why I refer to them as idiots. These people are the the kind of people that would have a collection like the one picture in this thread or have a hard on thinking about owning it. They would layer 10 different LSP and think they are making a difference. These jerk offs are the guys I play games with. Games like applying IW to my hood and telling them one side has Zaino and the other side has something else and they tell me they can pick the Zaino side out no problem. Meanwhile Zaino isn`t even on the car. They are jerk offs.

Touching dog $hit is strange whether you`re collecting it or not. Why do you say that wine is a collectable, yet a premium wax is not ? Both are consumable products. Both, if stored properly, will last a very long time. Both, to someone who doesn`t care for the particular product, can be considered useless. I fail to see your argument on why it`s "stupid" to collect detailing supplies.

I don`t know what to tell you. If you can`t see that collecting wax is silly than maybe you should tell me what motivates you or somebody else to collet these products. What do you get out of it?

The products to me are a means to an end. The end being a very well detailed car. I don`t want to kiss them, caress them, smell them, put them on display like trophies, or anything like that.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information