Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My Collection

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sulla
    Anthony A

Well one thing for sure chost seem to be on the same page as you , he doesn`t have optimum products which is surprising to me.. A collector would want to include ONR in his collection.. Unless he believes ONR wash is bad and would marr the paint..Don`t be too critical on potentially the only ally of yours

PS: Care to give me links to your details ?

How is not having Optimum products put him on the same page as me? I have nothing against Optimum products. I have never used them because they don`t offer anything that makes feel I need to switch from what I`m using.

As for allies I couldn`t care less who agrees with me or not. I know what works and doesn`t and it doesn`t matter if any one agrees with me or not the things that work for me keep on working.

You want links to my details? I haven`t posted any pics of anything I detail which is mainly my vehicles any ways so there is nothing to link to. The major reason for that is because pics of details are an absolute joke and people who think they can tell anything from them are bigger jokes. I could post a pic of a swirled to crap car and it would look great in the pic so what doe that prove. The pics posted on here are more about the persons photography skills than they are about the person`s detailing ability.

I just think the whole concept of collecting products is absurd. They are tools to get a job done. I see nothing in them that is collectable. The thread starter could probably dump 95% of the products he has and not miss them if all he was concerned about was using them as detailing tools. It`s very clear from the pics that they are much more than that to him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony A
    It`s not his rights I`m questioning it`s why would he want to. There is no need for that stash of products. There is a lot of redundancy in there. I`m speaking from experience because I once was like that to. I grew out of that nonsense though.

I just think the whole concept of collecting products is absurd. They are tools to get a job done. I see nothing in them that is collectable. The thread starter could probably dump 95% of the products he has and not miss them if all he was concerned about was using them as detailing tools. It`s very clear from the pics that they are much more than that to him.

Dude, what is your problem? Maybe you grew out of that nonsense because you bought enough redundant products to learn that they were redundant? It`s generally very hard to learn from other people`s mistakes, you have to make your own. Besides, to each his own, if the OP likes to collect detail products, so what? Some people collect coins, stamps, knives, guns, mugs, keychains. Some people buy new clothes all the time, others wear them until they are worn out. Try to have some tolerance, or switch to half-decaf, man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy
    Dude, what is your problem? Maybe you grew out of that nonsense because you bought enough redundant products to learn that they were redundant? It`s generally very hard to learn from other people`s mistakes, you have to make your own. Besides, to each his own, if the OP likes to collect detail products, so what? Some people collect coins, stamps, knives, guns, mugs, keychains. Some people buy new clothes all the time, others wear them until they are worn out. Try to have some tolerance, or switch to half-decaf, man.

Well there are enough veterans of detailing products on here that they should be discouraging the practice of collecting products. I don`t know how you can`t get annoyed at the countless "what is the best product" threads or the absolutely moronic threads where the guy applies 5 different LSP and thinks that there will actually be a noticeable difference if he changes the order and than someone asks for pics believing they will be able to actually see a difference in a pic. I don`t see guys like you setting them straight. You let them go on thinking there is some validity to what their doing and you know as well as me it`s total nonsense.

I don`t drink coffey period.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well there are enough veterans of detailing products on here that they should be discouraging the practice of collecting products. I don`t see guys like you setting them straight. You let them go on thinking there is some validity to what their doing and you know as well as me it`s total nonsense.

From time to time I will point out to newbs who seem bent on trying the "flavor of the month" that I have enough products on my shelves to last me the rest of my life, but it doesn`t really do any good. These people have their own lives and have to learn their own lessons...if they ask for the advice about buying multiple products then they are ready to hear the advice...but the people you are describing are going to try all the flavors no matter what you or I say. Sounds like you don`t have any kids or girlfriends...ever try to explain to the wife/gf why she doesn`t really need that new purse or pair of shoes when she already has a closet full? Or why your kid doesn`t need that toy or vid game when he`s already got a pile?

You made your point, badgering everybody about it doesn`t further your argument. This is a site of primarily hobbyists and extreme detailers, who are trying to explore the nuance of detailing, not a car wash site looking for the simplest product lineup.

I could twist your argument a bit and suggest that everybody should just eat the same meal 3 times a day, after all, it`s just food, it`s simply a tool, a way to provide needed calories to your body, and nobody should be fooled into buying all kinds of different foods, and going to restaurants, because it all does the same thing, and is therefore all the same, and anybody who does anything different is just lining the pockets of the farmers etc. who manipulate us with all their advertising into trying different foods instead of just eating the same thing day in and day out. I mean, once you have eaten enough food, you know what the right food is for you, and what you like, so you should just eat that for the rest of your life, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    chost,

Nice collection. Like most the other folks on this thread I envy your ability to organize. Looks great.

1. Hmmm I wonder if actually detailing the car even matter to you? Lots of product pictures but not one of the cars you use it on. You seem to be into making the manufacturers rich. I don`t know how old you are but I hope you out grow the product collecting stage.

2. You want links to my details? I haven`t posted any pics of anything I detail which is mainly my vehicles any ways so there is nothing to link to. The major reason for that is because pics of details are an absolute joke and people who think they can tell anything from them are bigger jokes. I could post a pic of a swirled to crap car and it would look great in the pic so what doe that prove. The pics posted on here are more about the persons photography skills than they are about the person`s detailing ability.

Cliff notes: Pictures are a joke and prove nothing, but if detailing matters to you, you will post them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sludge

Cliff notes: Pictures are a joke and prove nothing, but if detailing matters to you, you will post them.

I don`t understand. Why post something you just admitted was a joke?

Post Thanks / Like
    serious question, why do you refrigerate your wax. wouldnt that harden it, and make it more difficult to use? other than that, i envy both your collection and organization.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 04impala
    serious question, why do you refrigerate your wax. wouldnt that harden it, and make it more difficult to use? other than that, i envy both your collection and organization.

It`s refrigerated so it keeps longer because with the insane overkill of the amount of products he has that wax won`t be used up in the next 60 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep my "insane overkill" in the fridge aswell!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FastEddysDetail
    I keep my "insane overkill" in the fridge aswell!

As you should if you expect it to still be usefull 50 years from now when you will most likely still have some of your products :chuckle:

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love this thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow... where do you even buy Bilt Hamber?

Post Thanks / Like
    Which paint thickness gauge is that? I don`t think I`ve ever seen it before?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, to help some people out of their bad dreams about my collection.:chuckle: First of all i :work: 60 hrs a week and i can`t make foto`s of every detail job( It`s still a hobby). I m active at many forums most at Dutch forums.

I write reviews of products especially american products.:xyxthumbs. I`ll will post some detail jobs pictures later on. Also thanx for the positive reactions .

Best regards

John

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information